Bo looking into the Miami HC Job

epocSoN

If Bo isn't talking to or considering Miami, why doesn't he come out and say loud and clear that he is without a doubt staying at Nebraska? These rumors could be put to bed very easily if he would make an announcement that leaves no doubt about his intentions. He has to know that this is going to f#*k up our recruiting class if the rumors persist. If he truly has no interest in the Miami job he would say so.

3 options I think

1. Bo is pulling a jim harbaugh and trying to raise his salary.

2. Bo is leaving to Miami

3. Bo is so tired of the rumor world that he just doesn't want to even respond to such bogusness

If Bo isn't talking to or considering Miami, why doesn't he come out and say loud and clear that he is without a doubt staying at Nebraska? These rumors could be put to bed very easily if he would make an announcement that leaves no doubt about his intentions. He has to know that this is going to f#*k up our recruiting class if the rumors persist. If he truly has no interest in the Miami job he would say so.

Signing day is months away. Miami will have signed a HC long before this situation affects our recruiting class.

Regardless, if he has no interest in Miami he should say so. For a guy that claims to be so black and white he's being awfully grey.

Everyone in Lincoln who might live on a street Bo drives on the way to work needs to put some kind of pro-Bo sign up in their yard. Bo probably doesn't feel too appreciated at this point. The media frustrates him, the fans are pissed at this or that after the OU loss, Perlman threw him under the bus (probably not intentionally but it came off that way) and TO got in his subtle ultimatum with his "show of support".

Do you think Bo needs outside approval, though? I don't get the impression that Bo really cares a lot what the fans think of him. Short of lining his street with flowers every day and/or storming his house with torches and pitchforks, I get the impression that he really wouldn't care.

Signing day is months away. Miami will have signed a HC long before this situation affects our recruiting class.

Regardless, if he has no interest in Miami he should say so. For a guy that claims to be so black and white he's being awfully grey.

That's how *I* would handle it, and how I would prefer Bo handles it, but as someone (sorry, forgot who) said earlier in this thread, when Bo does leave, if he says the same thing every time his name pops up in a coaching search, the time he does leave will have that surprise element that he would want (to avoid long, drawn-out anger from the fans). If he says, "I'm not taking that job" twenty times, then says, "No comment" the 21st time, we'll know something is up.

Everyone in Lincoln who might live on a street Bo drives on the way to work needs to put some kind of pro-Bo sign up in their yard. Bo probably doesn't feel too appreciated at this point. The media frustrates him, the fans are pissed at this or that after the OU loss, Perlman threw him under the bus (probably not intentionally but it came off that way) and TO got in his subtle ultimatum with his "show of support".

Do you think Bo needs outside approval, though? I don't get the impression that Bo really cares a lot what the fans think of him. Short of lining his street with flowers every day and/or storming his house with torches and pitchforks, I get the impression that he really wouldn't care.

Yeah I think everybody cares to an extent. I know his act is the tough guy who is unaffected by anything outside of wins and losses, but he's shown moments of really enjoying the fans support. And I can't imagine he wasn't hurt a little by the way Perlman and Osborne reacted to the TAMU situation.

3. Bo is so tired of the rumor world that he just doesn't want to even respond to such bogusness

Bo has straight up said that he doesn't respond to rumors or innuendo.

Listen, this is Bo. He's not Mr Personality or Mr Politic. He obviously feels no need to address certain things, and he's not going to just to appease us.

Let's hope this isn't true.. that would be extremely low of him to abandon us now and go against pretty much everything he claims to stand for - loyalty, character, integrity, etc. Hard to imagine he'd do that when you think about it like that. I would feel very betrayed if he did... I think this man (minus his temper) represents what Nebraska football is all about.

For whatever it's worth, Mr. Rickey Thenarse had this to say on Facebook a few minutes ago:

WHat the FRench Toast is GoingOn? i do not KNow nothing about BO and whatevers going on!

Again, I'm in the camp that says if Bo was going to Miami, or even talking to them, Tom Osborne, Bo's assistants (especially including Papuchis) and his players would have an inkling. All three have denied any such thing.

And again, this entire rumor is dependent on one reporter's "unnamed sources."

It looks like a duck. It walks like a duck. It acts like a duck.

I'm pretty sure it's a duck.

Let's hope this isn't true.. that would be extremely low of him to abandon us now and go against pretty much everything he claims to stand for - loyalty, character, integrity, etc. Hard to imagine he'd do that when you think about it like that. I would feel very betrayed if he did... I think this man (minus his temper) represents what Nebraska football is all about.

Have to disagree. It's a free country and Bo is allowed to take any job he chooses to. If he honestly feel it is best for him and his family to be at Miami, god speed.

People need to get over this insane devotion to coaches. Unless they are Nebraskan, alma mater, or born and raised, they feel about our program the way we feel about Michigan, Miami and all the others. They have no reason to be loyal to us. This is a business for them and we are his current employer. Nothing more.

And don't for a second think it doesn't work both ways. Or have you forgot the Callahan getting shoved out the door by the fan base just a few years ago?

This whole rumor is just day-ruining. Remember when he told his LSU players he was leaving for his dream job? Even if he stays, the idea that he might have so much as listened to a program like Miami, sucks. I can see him listening to Ohio State but beyond that I don't want to believe it would be as easy as money, climate, and an easier route to conference titles that would pull him away from Nebraska.

Nobody's touched on my question. How much money does Bo want/need? He doesn't strike me as a guy with a taste for luxury. He has enough to do whatever he wants with his rare day off and give his kids and wife just about anything they'd ever need. Unless his wife is really set on a yacht or something, I can't see how much a raise will really increase his or his family's happiness. Plus (as mentioned) the cost of living his higher in Miami and they'd have to pay $2.6 million just to match his current salary in Lincoln. So even $3 million wouldn't be all that much of a raise.

Unless this is really just some elaborate Brett Favre scheme to eventually wind up at Ohio State, I don't see enough benefit to make this move.

Bo's been in the midwest almost his entire life and is going to coach in the conference he grew up watching and played for. National spotlight will be all over Nebraska next year.

How much does Donald Trump want/need? Bo has said dozens of times that his goals is to win championships. Granted, he said that while here at Nebraska, but if he feels that he has a better chance to win a championship at Miami (which anyone probably does) maybe he'd take that opportunity.

Have to disagree. It's a free country and Bo is allowed to take any job he chooses to. If he honestly feel it is best for him and his family to be at Miami, god speed.

People need to get over this insane devotion to coaches. Unless they are Nebraskan, alma mater, or born and raised, they feel about our program the way we feel about Michigan, Miami and all the others. They have no reason to be loyal to us. This is a business for them and we are his current employer. Nothing more.

And don't for a second think it doesn't work both ways. Or have you forgot the Callahan getting shoved out the door by the fan base just a few years ago?

Callahan didn't preach integrity or loyalty as far as I ever heard. He was all about winning and doing it the glitzy, glamorous way like they do in SoCal. Bo preaches loyalty, character, and devotion to his kids. He says he will do anything for them and he cited this numerous times during the reprimand for his actions at aTm. Therefore, I expect him to live up to what he says in that regard.

Nobody's touched on my question. How much money does Bo want/need? He doesn't strike me as a guy with a taste for luxury. He has enough to do whatever he wants with his rare day off and give his kids and wife just about anything they'd ever need. Unless his wife is really set on a yacht or something, I can't see how much a raise will really increase his or his family's happiness. Plus (as mentioned) the cost of living his higher in Miami and they'd have to pay $2.6 million just to match his current salary in Lincoln. So even $3 million wouldn't be all that much of a raise.

Unless this is really just some elaborate Brett Favre scheme to eventually wind up at Ohio State, I don't see enough benefit to make this move.

Bo's been in the midwest almost his entire life and is going to coach in the conference he grew up watching and played for. National spotlight will be all over Nebraska next year.

How much does Donald Trump want/need? Bo has said dozens of times that his goals is to win championships. Granted, he said that while here at Nebraska, but if he feels that he has a better chance to win a championship at Miami (which anyone probably does) maybe he'd take that opportunity.

Bo is nothing like Trump, which was my whole point basically. If he just wants an easy route to a title, will he be jumping to to go to Boise if CP leaves? There is much more value than just money and trophies in the coaching world.