Bo looking into the Miami HC Job

epocSoN

If Bo Pelini leaves Nebraska I'm going to get really depressed.. The sky is the limit with Bo. He is already one of my favorite coaches of all time in any sport. Nebraska Football is a huge part of my life and if he leaves I will be completely devastated.

I blame the press for asking stupid questions all the time. Let the guy breath. Hes already wound up as it is, give him a break. He knows what hes doing.

• Fire 1

I really hope Husker fans (some, not all) pay attention to how they feel right now as they worry about whether Bo may leave or not. Because a lot of them would find a reason to complain even if we won the national championship every year. At the beginning of the year, T Magic was the "the next Crouch" or "Heisman Material". By the last game, people wanted to see him transfer. Same applies to Bo. You win 10 games, and all you hear is negative talk from the fans. So if he ever leaves, we can blame ourselves. I'll take 9 or 10 win seasons every year and be happy as hell. So would most teams. But I wouldn't blame him if he gets tired of hearing it every year. We have an amazing coach that eventually will bring us a championship. We just need to give him time. Taylor is only a 19yr old freshman, give him time. We need to support these guys as much as we tear them down. That breeds loyalty. Miami looks a lot better when you feel like a punching bag in Nebraska.

The press won't give anyone a break, they just keep pushing and pushing trying to create a story that isn't really there. I hate the press and don't agree with the way they do things.

Yeah, it sucks sometimes. The best way to approach the press is to realize that the news is no longer about "truth," the news is a commodity. News providers are businesses now more than ever, and the product they peddle is information. We've seen a horrific decline in the quality and trustworthiness of our news over the last decade, with most "news" devolving into politically-driven soundbites designed to keep us afraid and keep us watching/listening/reading/clicking.

Once you firmly entrench yourself in the concept that you cannot trust anything anyone says, you're far better off. What will be, will be, and often the angst driven by the media ends up being nothing more than... nothing.

I really hope Husker fans (some, not all) pay attention to how they feel right now as they worry about whether Bo may leave or not. Because a lot of them would find a reason to complain even if we won the national championship every year. At the beginning of the year, T Magic was the "the next Crouch" or "Heisman Material". By the last game, people wanted to see him transfer. Same applies to Bo. You win 10 games, and all you hear is negative talk from the fans. So if he ever leaves, we can blame ourselves. I'll take 9 or 10 win seasons every year and be happy as hell. So would most teams. But I wouldn't blame him if he gets tired of hearing it every year. We have an amazing coach that eventually will bring us a championship. We just need to give him time. Taylor is only a 19yr old freshman, give him time. We need to support these guys as much as we tear them down. That breeds loyalty. Miami looks a lot better when you feel like a punching bag in Nebraska.

If you think we're bad at Nebraska, go talk to some Canes fans. I'm in a fantasy league with a guy from Miami. He's been harshing on Shannon ever since he was hired.

The stuff Bo gets here is child's play from what he'd get most anywhere else. No, that's not a license for Husker Fan to act like a pack of asshats, but you can't just look at our behavior in a vacuum. In the grand scheme of things, we're among the most tame folks out there.

OMG is anyone listening to the ULC show now??? They got the writer of the sun sentinel on now (Steve Gorten) . He bascially doesn't know CRAP. He stated "he had heard". Any other words... Basically all he is doing is SPECULATING. BLAH BLAH BLAH.

I am so terribly not surprised. This is the state of journalism these days.

He should really come out and just say it. Aaron Green's facebook (i am not a stalker) says that hes very worried about this and that if this is true he will have to open the recruiting process back up. Im not saying he should come out and say if its true or not for the fans sake, but for his players and commits sake.

Nobody's touched on my question. How much money does Bo want/need? He doesn't strike me as a guy with a taste for luxury. He has enough to do whatever he wants with his rare day off and give his kids and wife just about anything they'd ever need. Unless his wife is really set on a yacht or something, I can't see how much a raise will really increase his or his family's happiness. Plus (as mentioned) the cost of living his higher in Miami and they'd have to pay $2.6 million just to match his current salary in Lincoln. So even $3 million wouldn't be all that much of a raise.

Unless this is really just some elaborate Brett Favre scheme to eventually wind up at Ohio State, I don't see enough benefit to make this move.

Bo's been in the midwest almost his entire life and is going to coach in the conference he grew up watching and played for. National spotlight will be all over Nebraska next year.

He should really come out and just say it. Aaron Green's facebook (i am not a stalker) says that hes very worried about this and that if this is true he will have to open the recruiting process back up. Im not saying he should come out and say if its true or not for the fans sake, but for his players and commits sake.

And Dontrayveous Robinson told AG that Bo isn't going anywhere. No worries.

And Dontrayveous Robinson told AG that Bo isn't going anywhere. No worries.

Thats good, im sure the players know more than we do.

If Bo isn't talking to or considering Miami, why doesn't he come out and say loud and clear that he is without a doubt staying at Nebraska? These rumors could be put to bed very easily if he would make an announcement that leaves no doubt about his intentions. He has to know that this is going to f#*k up our recruiting class if the rumors persist. If he truly has no interest in the Miami job he would say so.

If Bo isn't talking to or considering Miami, why doesn't he come out and say loud and clear that he is without a doubt staying at Nebraska? These rumors could be put to bed very easily if he would make an announcement that leaves no doubt about his intentions. He has to know that this is going to f#*k up our recruiting class if the rumors persist. If he truly has no interest in the Miami job he would say so.

Signing day is months away. Miami will have signed a HC long before this situation affects our recruiting class.

Everyone in Lincoln who might live on a street Bo drives on the way to work needs to put some kind of pro-Bo sign up in their yard. Bo probably doesn't feel too appreciated at this point. The media frustrates him, the fans are pissed at this or that after the OU loss, Perlman threw him under the bus (probably not intentionally but it came off that way) and TO got in his subtle ultimatum with his "show of support".