Bo looking into the Miami HC Job

epocSoN

For whatever it's worth, Mr. Rickey Thenarse had this to say on Facebook a few minutes ago:

WHat the FRench Toast is GoingOn? i do not KNow nothing about BO and whatevers going on!

Again, I'm in the camp that says if Bo was going to Miami, or even talking to them, Tom Osborne, Bo's assistants (especially including Papuchis) and his players would have an inkling. All three have denied any such thing.

And again, this entire rumor is dependent on one reporter's "unnamed sources."

It looks like a duck. It walks like a duck. It acts like a duck.

I'm pretty sure it's a duck.

You could also interpret that quote to mean things are happening and no one has explained it to the team.

I really hope Husker fans (some, not all) pay attention to how they feel right now as they worry about whether Bo may leave or not. Because a lot of them would find a reason to complain even if we won the national championship every year. At the beginning of the year, T Magic was the "the next Crouch" or "Heisman Material". By the last game, people wanted to see him transfer. Same applies to Bo. You win 10 games, and all you hear is negative talk from the fans. So if he ever leaves, we can blame ourselves. I'll take 9 or 10 win seasons every year and be happy as hell. So would most teams. But I wouldn't blame him if he gets tired of hearing it every year. We have an amazing coach that eventually will bring us a championship. We just need to give him time. Taylor is only a 19yr old freshman, give him time. We need to support these guys as much as we tear them down. That breeds loyalty. Miami looks a lot better when you feel like a punching bag in Nebraska.

If you think we're bad at Nebraska, go talk to some Canes fans. I'm in a fantasy league with a guy from Miami. He's been harshing on Shannon ever since he was hired.

The stuff Bo gets here is child's play from what he'd get most anywhere else. No, that's not a license for Husker Fan to act like a pack of asshats, but you can't just look at our behavior in a vacuum. In the grand scheme of things, we're among the most tame folks out there.

I agree with you totally, but being the coach here is worse in my opinion. There is nothing else of any scale in Nebraska like Husker Football. At least in Miami, there's pro sports and several other high profile college programs in the state. I just think we expect too much and act like ungrateful idiots a lot. 10 wins is a damn good season and most schools would be happy with that year in and year out. I'm all for high expectations and holding people acountable, but we need to be realistic. It's the week to week change in attitude that kills me about most Husker fans. That and the idiotic questions that our local media tends to ask at press conferences. I'm just saying that it starts with us as fans to show support and respect to our coaches and players if we want to keep them happy and productive. From what we've seen of Bo, he doesn't need us to call him out on stuff. He is his own toughest critic. We complain too much. I hope he stays for a long time.

• Fire 1

Let's hope this isn't true.. that would be extremely low of him to abandon us now and go against pretty much everything he claims to stand for - loyalty, character, integrity, etc. Hard to imagine he'd do that when you think about it like that. I would feel very betrayed if he did... I think this man (minus his temper) represents what Nebraska football is all about.

Have to disagree. It's a free country and Bo is allowed to take any job he chooses to. If he honestly feel it is best for him and his family to be at Miami, god speed.

People need to get over this insane devotion to coaches. Unless they are Nebraskan, alma mater, or born and raised, they feel about our program the way we feel about Michigan, Miami and all the others. They have no reason to be loyal to us. This is a business for them and we are his current employer. Nothing more.

And don't for a second think it doesn't work both ways. Or have you forgot the Callahan getting shoved out the door by the fan base just a few years ago?

Callahan didn't preach integrity or loyalty as far as I ever heard. He was all about winning and doing it the glitzy, glamorous way like they do in SoCal. Bo preaches loyalty, character, and devotion to his kids. He says he will do anything for them and he cited this numerous times during the reprimand for his actions at aTm. Therefore, I expect him to live up to what he says in that regard.

I think you're reading too much into "coaches speak"...

Unless you believe Pelini will never, ever leave Nebraska, it should be accepted that eventually he will recruit some kid while talking about loyalty and integrity and then leave that kid. Wether that is today or in 20 years. Anything less than a retirement, means he will leave some kids and the fans dissapointed and feeling betrayed.

I really hope Husker fans (some, not all) pay attention to how they feel right now as they worry about whether Bo may leave or not. Because a lot of them would find a reason to complain even if we won the national championship every year. At the beginning of the year, T Magic was the "the next Crouch" or "Heisman Material". By the last game, people wanted to see him transfer. Same applies to Bo. You win 10 games, and all you hear is negative talk from the fans. So if he ever leaves, we can blame ourselves. I'll take 9 or 10 win seasons every year and be happy as hell. So would most teams. But I wouldn't blame him if he gets tired of hearing it every year. We have an amazing coach that eventually will bring us a championship. We just need to give him time. Taylor is only a 19yr old freshman, give him time. We need to support these guys as much as we tear them down. That breeds loyalty. Miami looks a lot better when you feel like a punching bag in Nebraska.

If you think we're bad at Nebraska, go talk to some Canes fans. I'm in a fantasy league with a guy from Miami. He's been harshing on Shannon ever since he was hired.

The stuff Bo gets here is child's play from what he'd get most anywhere else. No, that's not a license for Husker Fan to act like a pack of asshats, but you can't just look at our behavior in a vacuum. In the grand scheme of things, we're among the most tame folks out there.

I agree with you totally, but being the coach here is worse in my opinion. There is nothing else of any scale in Nebraska like Husker Football. At least in Miami, there's pro sports and several other high profile college programs in the state. I just think we expect too much and act like ungrateful idiots a lot. 10 wins is a damn good season and most schools would be happy with that year in and year out. I'm all for high expectations and holding people acountable, but we need to be realistic. It's the week to week change in attitude that kills me about most Husker fans. That and the idiotic questions that our local media tends to ask at press conferences. I'm just saying that it starts with us as fans to show support and respect to our coaches and players if we want to keep them happy and productive. From what we've seen of Bo, he doesn't need us to call him out on stuff. He is his own toughest critic. We complain too much. I hope he stays for a long time.

IMO Bo doesn't care what standard we hold him to or how much we complain. Can you even imagine what that man's standards for this program are? Do you think 10 wins were enough for him this season? Of course not. He's one of the best and the best want championships. The best have their own drive. They could care less what the peanut gallery fans have to say or what our expectations are.

• Fire 1

IMO Bo doesn't care what standard we hold him to or how much we complain. Can you even imagine what that man's standards for this program are? Do you think 10 wins were enough for him this season? Of course not. He's one of the best and the best want championships. The best have their own drive. They could care less what the peanut gallery fans have to say or what our expectations are.

Best post of the thread. +1 :thumbs

Holy smokes!! A meltdown is happing here. If Bo leaves, he leaves. It would be a huge loss and I would probably drink myself to sleep but that's life my Husker Board friends. Bo did a lot for this program but don't forget about Osborne (the man who hired Bo) As long as he is at the helm he will not let this program fail. He would interview until he found the right match. And if he couldn't find the right match he would fill in as interim head coach for the 2011 season :sarcasm

I am not worried...Bo has always been :bigredn:

Let's hope this isn't true.. that would be extremely low of him to abandon us now and go against pretty much everything he claims to stand for - loyalty, character, integrity, etc. Hard to imagine he'd do that when you think about it like that. I would feel very betrayed if he did... I think this man (minus his temper) represents what Nebraska football is all about.

Have to disagree. It's a free country and Bo is allowed to take any job he chooses to. If he honestly feel it is best for him and his family to be at Miami, god speed.

People need to get over this insane devotion to coaches. Unless they are Nebraskan, alma mater, or born and raised, they feel about our program the way we feel about Michigan, Miami and all the others. They have no reason to be loyal to us. This is a business for them and we are his current employer. Nothing more.

And don't for a second think it doesn't work both ways. Or have you forgot the Callahan getting shoved out the door by the fan base just a few years ago?

Callahan didn't preach integrity or loyalty as far as I ever heard. He was all about winning and doing it the glitzy, glamorous way like they do in SoCal. Bo preaches loyalty, character, and devotion to his kids. He says he will do anything for them and he cited this numerous times during the reprimand for his actions at aTm. Therefore, I expect him to live up to what he says in that regard.

Unless you believe Pelini will never, ever leave Nebraska, it should be accepted that eventually he will recruit some kid while talking about loyalty and integrity and then leave that kid. Wether that is today or in 20 years. Anything less than a retirement, means he will leave some kids and the fans dissapointed and feeling betrayed.

I agree mostly, but you have to admit there's a big difference between leaving after being here 10 years and being here 3, right before we transition into a new conference. You don't bail at a time like this.

I agree mostly, but you have to admit there's a big difference between leaving after being here 10 years and being here 3, right before we transition into a new conference. You don't bail at a time like this.

Yeah, I hear what you're saying..

I just have felt for awhile now that Bo would jump at the first big time program that offered him a job. So I guess I'm not as upset as others.

IMO, being a coach at Nebraska means you have to be much more than a football coach. Guys like Dr. Tom, Mac Brown, and such. Those guys are not just football coaches. They are the Kings of their kingdoms. They enjoy all that comes with being the central focus of a football crazed fan base where every win or loss is life and death to their community.

Pelini is a football coach. He wants to be a football coach and that's it. He has made comments before about wishing "Nebraska wasn't the only game in town". He doesn't like being the central focus of this entire state imo. I think he'd love to go to a place like Miami where he can coach in the National spotlight on Saturday and slip into obscurity on Sunday.

• Fire 1

I have a hard time imagining Bo abandoning his players after all they've gone through, and after how he's constantly preached about having their back.

The rumors are flying around like crazy though... Just saw a rumor that there's been a Mangino sighting in Lincoln.

He probably ate everything in Kansas and went up to Lincoln to get more food.

Bo Pelini is not going to coach at Miami.

1) The only real advantage Miami has is recruiting, because of location. Nebraska's facilities are better or on par with everybody in the country.

2) The fans may be a little harsh here sometimes, but they're FAR better than anything he'll get in Miami. They don't even fill their stadium for games against ranked opponents. They have a history/culture of thuggish attitudes, as well.

3) This would be yet ANOTHER rebuilding project. Why would he want to do that again? He is afforded all the support and advantages at Nebraska that many coaches (even those at other title contending universities) just don't have.

4) Furthermore, this is Nebraska. This isn't Cincinnati or some small school with a good coach that people want to try and steal for a bigger university.

• Fire 1