Solich wants OC Job????

Why would Frank Solich want to be the OC at Nebraska when he used to be the Head Coach here at Nebraska and now at Ohio. Being a Head Coach and then moving down the ladder to OC doesn't make any sense plus his sallary will take a huge decrease.

Sadly Watson is still our OC and until Watson is fired all of these OC threads need to stop. We already have these annoying Martinez and Bo rumors floating around that people keep dragging out.

• Fire 1

Why would Frank Solich want to be the OC at Nebraska when he used to be the Head Coach here at Nebraska and now at Ohio. Being a Head Coach and then moving down the ladder to OC doesn't make any sense plus his sallary will take a huge decrease.

Sadly Watson is still our OC and until Watson is fired all of these OC threads need to stop. We already have these annoying Martinez and Bo rumors floating around that people keep dragging out.

+1

Bring back the complete lack of regard for recruiting? No thanks. Frank is a good guy and we have a lot to thank him for. You can say that about a lot of other guys, too, and none of them deserve to occupy one of the precious few spots we have on our staff.

Sad though, since Solich would probably get endlessly more rope here no matter any struggles, just because of his past as a Nebraska guy, than anyone outside.

That's a BS statement. We had several top players that didn't pan out.

Bah anyway....Solich is happy in his home state...or is it the state he grew up in?

See, I have a different perspective on this. There are terrifying rumors of Bo leaving and depressing rumors of Martinez leaving. And the rumors you want to stamp down are the ones of Watson leaving???!!! Let us dream in peace!!!

As far as Solich goes, I think it's highly unlikely he returns to NU as OC. He would REALLY have to want to finish his career at Nebraska. But, if that's the case, and he did come back... what a story.

I heard Solich interviewed last year and he was very open to the idea of one day returning to Nebraska to finish his coaching career and was willing to be an assistant.

I don't think this is too likely... but if it happens, I'll be happy. A part of me died when I heard Solich was fired. I just couldn't believe Nebraska would do that to one of its own sons after a 9-3 season.

But to many, it was a brilliant move to fire the staff for a 10 - 3 season because it then brought us four years of Callahan.

NU mave have the best fans but also the most stupid.

Btw, who was the last NU HC to win the BigXII? Beat Texas? Play in the NC game? Ah, who cares.....roll out the excuses.

Has anyone heard anything about Solich wanting the OC job and really wants to retire as a husker coach???

:xcuse:troll:

Dont be a Douche its a question not a statement... If I cant ask a question on here then whats the point, just to have someone try to be a smarta$$... Enough said cause I could say more but then I would be down on your level..........

You were just on another thread requesting that the rumor mill be opened back up because of all these rumor posts. I think you're adding to the board hysteria at the moment.

Thanks for being a stalker all the same... You are correct I did, but there isnt one an I posted this BEFORE I commented on that so NEXT!!!

It's not stalking junior. It's called reading all the threads each day and retainment of what is read. Settle down it's gonna be a long off season.

Bring back the complete lack of regard for recruiting? No thanks. Frank is a good guy and we have a lot to thank him for. You can say that about a lot of other guys, too, and none of them deserve to occupy one of the precious few spots we have on our staff.

Sad though, since Solich would probably get endlessly more rope here no matter any struggles, just because of his past as a Nebraska guy, than anyone outside.

Ok damn cant argue with that but can I ask a question?? He has been a HC else where and he has produced a good team year in, year out for the location and with what he has had to work with, so cant you believe maybe he can recruit a little better???

He's 39-35 at Ohio. Only 3 of his 6 teams have had winning records, either overall or in the MAC. Am I supposed to be impressed with that?

Ok damn cant argue with that but can I ask a question?? He has been a HC else where and he has produced a good team year in, year out for the location and with what he has had to work with, so cant you believe maybe he can recruit a little better???

He's 39-35 at Ohio. Only 3 of his 6 teams have had winning records, either overall or in the MAC. Am I supposed to be impressed with that?

They were pitiful before he got there. And he's gotten them to the MAC championship twice in a 5 year coaching tenure. plus, he's developed some pretty good players. It is pretty impressive

They were pitiful before he got there. And he's gotten them to the MAC championship twice in a 5 year coaching tenure. plus, he's developed some pretty good players. It is pretty impressive

The turnaround in his 2nd year was impressive. Since then, pretty mediocre.

Heard that too. Read about it here:

You slick SOB. As soon as I clicked "Open in new tab" I thought uh-oh, this is a rickroll.

We've been together, for so long.......

Never gonna give Frank up, Never gonna let Frank down,......

LOL

Frank may not wanna be OC, but I am pretty sure he wants to teach me how to dougie. :nanalama