Barry Turner back in the mix

Full story

Lions claim Barry Turner off waivers from Bears

Brad Biggs

The Detroit Lions aren’t going to be able to find a player in the final four weeks of the season that can replace the production and energy Kyle Vanden Bosch brings to the game.

But they have found a developmental prospect they can look to for the future. Vanden Bosch will be placed on injured reserve with a bulging disc in his neck. He will require surgery, coach Jim Schwartz announced. Cornerback Alphonso Smith was also placed on IR with a shoulder injury.

Filling one spot will be rookie defensive end Barry Turner. He was claimed off waivers from the Chicago Bears. The undrafted free agent from Nebraska was waived Tuesday so the Bears could make room for offensive lineman Herman Johnson. Turner appeared in two games for the Bears, and they were committed to re-signing him to their practice squad.

Line him up next to Suh, draft Pierre in aprils draft and crick in the following draft and the lions will have the 09 husker Dline complete.

I like where this team is headed. :lol:

Not to mention they may have a chance to draft prince. If they pick up O'halon and Asnate they could very easily get almost the eniter 09 D !

They need Prince WAY more than Allen. Besides, they may be able to get both...

I'd take Prince over Patrick

Why would you take prince over patrick? They barely ever throw patricks way, he has a 40 inch vertial, 6"1 22, runs a 4.3 40, has just as good press coverage as prince...he is a beast..

i'd take patrick too. every bit as good that Prince is, patrick is that much better, and more physical. he's also a proven return man.

I'd take Prince over Patrick

Why would you take prince over patrick? They barely ever throw patricks way, he has a 40 inch vertial, 6"1 22, runs a 4.3 40, has just as good press coverage as prince...he is a beast..

i'd take patrick too. every bit as good that Prince is, patrick is that much better, and more physical. he's also a proven return man.

Patrick also rarely gets beat deep. Prince gets burned more on the hitch n go routes. Also, Peterson is 6"2 not 6"1, my apologies.