Brandon Wegher - former Iowa RB

CENTEXHUSKER

He was in Rex's class, and I thought the similarities between the two were really uncanny and weird. 4 star white RB's with ridiculous amounts of potential, and both really tough runners. Since I played against Wegher in HS, for a while I kinda wished he woulda gone N and helped us out, since he seemed to be a pretty good player. This was before we got Rex's commit, though, and after that, I always got the feeling Rex would turn out to be the better player. For now, looks like I was correct. Guess Wegher could still prove me wrong though.

BTW, FWIW, a lot of my friends from HS went to Iowa, and I talked to one who is as big of sports fanatic as I am (he bleeds Gold and Black like I do Scarlet and Cream), and he told me the deal with Wegher was that he got TWO girls pregnant and thus had other commitments to deal with this year than Hawkeye football. Idk, though... I THINK he said two, but I could have heard wrong. One seems a hell of a lot more plausible. If it is two, that is literally the biggest boner move I have ever heard. In my life. My entire life. :facepalm:

'

BTW, FWIW, a lot of my friends from HS went to Iowa, and I talked to one who is as big of sports fanatic as I am (he bleeds Gold and Black like I do Scarlet and Cream), and he told me the deal with Wegher was that he got TWO girls pregnant and thus had other commitments to deal with this year than Hawkeye football

I've heard the same thing. His g/f went to Sgt. Bluff, IA and had a track scholarship at Iowa and he got her pregnant and got another chick pregnant as well.

According to this link some people thought they heard a news station report that Wegher plans to transfer to Nebraska. A few months ago when this story broke out I heard rumors of his father making weekend trips to Iowa City and that Brandon was done with Iowa and transferring was his next move. I've heard that he was going to transfer to Nebraska but a lot of talk about Brandon transferring to Morningside College in Sioux City.

If we weren't joining Big 10, it would make sense, but as posted above, he would have to sit 2 years....Although, if he we are still "officially" in the Big 12 and he didn't play this season.... Don't know if he red-shirted... I don't think so....

How many years would he have left.

I was very high on him coming out of high school. Once he gets his personal life sorted out he could give Nebraska some great depth down the road if he does transfer here.

edit--he would have to transfer to Nebraska soon because there is a stipulation he can't transfer to a Big 10 school. Currently Nebraska technically isn't a Big 10 school.

Edited by BIGREDFAN_in_OMAHA

BTW, FWIW, a lot of my friends from HS went to Iowa, and I talked to one who is as big of sports fanatic as I am (he bleeds Gold and Black like I do Scarlet and Cream), and he told me the deal with Wegher was that he got TWO girls pregnant and thus had other commitments to deal with this year than Hawkeye football

I've heard the same thing. His g/f went to Sgt. Bluff, IA and had a track scholarship at Iowa and he got her pregnant and got another chick pregnant as well.

The other is supposed to be the Hawkeye's RB Adam Robinson's sister.