Buck Up Huskers the B10 awaits you

Wolvie3758

:corndanceThanks for the welcome. I am still looking for a knife in my back, nothing personal, just Leary.

Dont get me wrong..Once you join rivalries will form and digs and jousts will come thats natural....Maybe even some good old fashioned hate between rivals..but thats OK!!!

but the bottom line is We acknowledge getting Nebraska is a COUP for our league and makes Us ALL better...as far as getting stabbed in the back? Not going to happen...

When u represent the B10 all B10 fans will get behind you...In Bowl season we all root for another even most UM and OSU will pull for the other..(although to be honest it is at times begrudgingly)..but stab yu in the back..Nah..wont happen...one for all and all for one

I just cant wait to see these Big 10 towns turn RED!

Its going to be ALOT harder than you think...Most B10 stadiums sell out..its not going to be as easy to find tickets to the games...Of course I know that

wont stop fans from going but its not like there will be tons of extra tickets avbl at most B10 Venues...The good thing about places like Michigan and OSU and Penn St

all over 100,000 is that tickets are usually a little easier to obtain on the street right before game time...

Its going to be ALOT harder than you think...Most B10 stadiums sell out..its not going to be as easy to find tickets to the games...Of course I know that

wont stop fans from going but its not like there will be tons of extra tickets avbl at most B10 Venues...The good thing about places like Michigan and OSU and Penn St

all over 100,000 is that tickets are usually a little easier to obtain on the street right before game time...

Nah. About half of the stadiums Nebraska will be able to take over. Maybe not the first couple of years as everyone will want to see the new kid on the block - but in most years Minny, Indy, Illinois, NW and probably Purdue will be there for the takeover.

Hope you all are tighter then Notre Dame

Thanks indeed for the welcome and it's pretty well a consensus that we can't wait to get there! I honestly do believe that you will be very surprised at how much red shows up in your stadiums. For OSU and Wisconsin it won't show but I remember when the Husker faithful painted Notre Dame red. Nebraska has a history with teams in the Big 10 already but just not often. Penn State, Mich State, Michigan, Iowa in recent years. But watching the Huskers run into the Big House and seeing the Buckeyes in Lincoln will be top draws next year. Iowa and Wisconsin will become natural rivals. It will be an exciting time for all 12 teams in the Big 10 next year indeed. Hopefully we will develop the same respect that we had with the Sooners. Wait for those Penn State/Nebraska volleyball matchups and the wrestling duels. Hopefully Nebraska's adition will bring more attention to baseball as the Big 10 is very poor in that department. Nebraska men's bball...... hopefully you'll help us out! Still can't wait....

I meet a ohio st. guy tonight and he was excited about Nebraska joining the league. But one thing I have noticed about Big Ten people are that its about the Rose bowl. maybe I still have the 80's and 90's hangover, but I always look at the schedule and say how do we get to the national championship. With the way they scheduled it next year, its really likely they will have a rematch in the ccg game and no team with a shot at the national title, because everyone took each other out. But boom the Big Ten has marketed it great. Man next years games are going to be great.Cant wait.

I meet a ohio st. guy tonight and he was excited about Nebraska joining the league. But one thing I have noticed about Big Ten people are that its about the Rose bowl. maybe I still have the 80's and 90's hangover, but I always look at the schedule and say how do we get to the national championship. With the way they scheduled it next year, its really likely they will have a rematch in the ccg game and no team with a shot at the national title, because everyone took each other out. But boom the Big Ten has marketed it great. Man next years games are going to be great.Cant wait.

Once Nebraska joins the big 10, a one loss or undefeated team will have a very good chance at making the MNC game. Just look at the SEC, a one loss SEC team has a better shot than anyone at making the MNC year in and year out because of the tough schedule. And Rose Bowl is fine by me. Its very difficult to play in the MNC.

Part of the Rose Bowl thing stems from the fact that for DECADES the Big 10 didn't allow their teams to play in any bowl except the Rose Bowl. It was literally Rose Bowl or bust. Over the years there had been several 1 and 2 loss teams ranked in the top 10 at the end of the year sitting at home for the holidays. 1975 was the first year that multiple teams from the conference were allowed to attend bowl games. Yes that was over 30 years ago now - but Rose Bowl or bust was around for long enough that it remains ingrained as the primary goal to start the season. That doesn't mean that teams don't want to play for the MNC - but when even an undefeated season might not mean a chance to play for it all, the Rose Bowl is the only goal that is guaranteed at the start of the season.

Well, I'll take a stab at answering that one. It's because we "own" that bowl. For almost a hundred years it's been what is now the B10 against the Pac10 (except a few years here and there), unless there is only one B10 member available and they go to the NC. It is concidered the "Grand daddy" because it is the oldest bowl. Almost always had the highest attendance of any bowl. So back before the Bcs, it was concidered "the" bowl and was the NC game for a few years.

Now with the current landscape of college ball and the Bcs, there are 5 major bowls, with the Rose being one of them. Take a hundred years and 7,8,9,10,11 and now 12 teams all trying to "own" the Rose bowl and throw in some competetive teams and what do you get? Double headers in the top 5 bowls for 10 out of the 13 years the Bcs has been around. Yes we want to win the NC but we also want to "own" the rose, that is going to take 2 very good teams year in and year out. So we have always and will continue to try and "own" the Rose but like I said with how competetive the B10 is, we are now consistantly trying to send 2 teams to the top 5 bowls, and hopefully soon it will result in a win at the Rose and a win at the NC. A tradition that I hope NU can and will get behind and support. If any fans can understand history and tradition I know it's NU fans.

There is NO BETTER BOWL GAME IN AMERICA than the Rose Bowl..the whole event ,the parade, Pasadena New Years EVE, the weather etc etc..as far as Events go the Rose Bowl is by far the best bowl game and always will be..Ive been to 7 RoseBowls and I never get tired of going...

I was threw for a loop when they said we were joining the premiere conference.

Depends on the context, I suppose. The SEC is clearly the #1 conference, and has been for a decade, but it hasn't been top dog nearly as long as the Big 10, and there's every reason to believe they won't be top dog forever, or even much longer. The SEC is always teetering on the edge of violations sanctions, and they're not always going to get all the top recruits to stay home. They're not always going to have top coaches, and regime change affects everyone differently (think RichRod to Michigan, and extrapolate that to Muschamp to Florida). It's a crapshoot, and if we know anything about college football over the long term, it's proven to by cyclical - sometimes with a vengeance.

The Big 12 is a wounded beast, possibly dying. The Big East is a joke. The ACC is waffling around with next to nothing to show for themselves. The WAC is aimless, the MWC is still searching for consistency, and the Pac-10/12 is an intriguing conference, but typically uncaring about staying on top. The Big 10 has been dedicated to excellence its entire existence, and it has a VERY stable base both athletically and (most importantly) academically on which to stand. There is no more stable, more prominent conference academically than the Big 10.

No matter how you slice it, we're joining a prominent, important conference, headed by a man who's long been described as the most powerful man in college sports, Jim Delany. I think we're in good shape.