new stud coming to the huskers (most likely)

Guy was telling me a Big 10 player can't transfer to another Big 10 school and something about the conference stipulations, I find that hardly unlikely. Go figure he's a Squawkeye. He said thats the reason Wegher won't be going to NU, dumb question but is there any truth to that ?

Guy was telling me a Big 10 player can't transfer to another Big 10 school and something about the conference stipulations, I find that hardly unlikely. Go figure he's a Squawkeye. He said thats the reason Wegher won't be going to NU, dumb question but is there any truth to that ?

Nebraska isnt a Big10 member yet. If a player were to enroll at semester we are still technically B12 untill June/July 1 of 2011.

There is no chance that a Big 10 school will release a player to Nebraska. In the end, that part is still up to them, isn't it? Both we, and the schools, have a full grasp of the situation and how it would basically be like getting an in-conference transfer.

More interesting is if Big 12 schools release players to us, if they still have to fall under the sit-out-2-years rule.

Nebraska isnt a Big10 member yet. If a player were to enroll at semester we are still technically B12 untill June/July 1 of 2011.

#1- Iowa will not release any players to NU.

#2- Even if they did, once we are in the Big Ten in 198 days, any player that has signed an LOI or attended a Big Ten school on scholarship can not have a scholarship to the University of Nebraska. So they can walk on, but not EVER be on scholarship to NU as NCAA rules state you have to sit one year without aid, then the Big Ten rule would kick in.

With that said, how cool is it that in 198 days we will be a member of the Big Ten? We need a countdown clock or something!

Between Burkhead, Aaron Green and Austin Jones, not to mention guys like D-Tray and Lester Ward, we're reasonably set at RB.

And don't forget Braylon Heard! Well...if he passes his ACT...whoo hoo!

We will have one proven back on campus for certain next fall and that is Rex Burkhead. Let's not pretend that we are deep at that spot at all because we are not. Green and Robinson are the only two that I can see contributing next year that we mentioned. Heard if he makes it.

Nobody is pretending we're deep at RB. We have a lot of bodies with potential to throw at the RB spot, which is about the same as most every other school out there. Burkhead is proven, and it'll be time for someone else (Green? Jones? DTray?) to step up to the position. Again, just like most every other school out there after graduating seniors leave.

I had heard Wegher wanted to go to neb more than hampton but i dont know if i want him anyway i mean he bailed on iowa year. But in a press conference yesterday ferentz said wegher was going to be released to transfer to a non big 10 school. So obviously neb is out

The Big Ten has a rule that you cannot receive a scholarship at another Big Ten school if you received one at another Big Ten school, or even if you sign a LOI to another school.

The only exceptions are that your sport is dropped at the school, or you don't get admitted to the school you signed an LOI for, or you win an appeal.

Even if we wanted to get around on a loophole that we're currently in the Big 12, I would be shocked if there wasn't a clause in their scholarship release that they couldn't go to Nebraska.

So he could walk on if he wanted, but that is it.

What about Justin Boren?

B10 rules are irregardless to us, because we will not be in their conference officially until summer/fall.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but a release only opens it up for the player to receive scholarship money immediately. The release will matter to those who need the scholarship money immediately, but to those who can afford to pay school out of pocket for a year then it will not.

From what I know, Wegher's father runs a greatly successful construction company in South Dakota. If it came to the point where Wegher could not get a release but still wanted to come to Nebraska, then I doubt it would be an issue at all. He could pay his own way for a year while sitting out, and then be on scholly the following year.

Again, someone correct me if I am wrong on those transfer rules.

Doesn't matter how stacked our Offense is, we don't need it. Bo's Defense is like a fine bottle of wine...it gets better with time. Hell, I bet in the near future we will not even recruit offensive players. We will just accept walk-ons to play on offense and rely solely on the defense to defend and score. :throwdabones1::bonez:throwdabones1::bonez

Oops! almost forget to add this

:sarcasm

Between Burkhead, Aaron Green and Austin Jones, not to mention guys like D-Tray and Lester Ward, we're reasonably set at RB.

And don't forget Braylon Heard! Well...if he passes his ACT...whoo hoo!

We will have one proven back on campus for certain next fall and that is Rex Burkhead. Let's not pretend that we are deep at that spot at all because we are not. Green and Robinson are the only two that I can see contributing next year that we mentioned. Heard if he makes it.

THIS. Rex will be NU's man next year, and barring injury we have see plenty of flashes of the crazy skills and football savvy the kid has. From that standpoint I am stoked. Green probably slides in at the number 2 spot and I can easily see him having a year like Rex did as a frosh. If he can quickly learn blitz pickups, identification, pass pro he will play even more. Tray, I give a pass to this year. The things this KID went through before the season is something I wouldn't wish on an enemy(even Dan Beebe). You know the mental part of the game for him wasn't there 100% this last year. If he can secure the rock he will see alot more carries next year and definitely is NU's power back.

Now Hampton is an interesting rumor. Yes he has rubberbands for knee ligaments, but he can hit that homerun still at any second. Is Iowa losing something huge or is it a case of addition by subtraction. Until more comes out I am not buying into this one.

Hopefully Braylon raised his score the 1 point he needs and gets here. If he can pass and get in this spring it would obviously help the RB situation. But if not we are 1 1/2 deep RIGHT NOW going into next year at RB. And we have seen the toll that NU's ball carriers take the last two seasons with injuries. Something to keep an eye on.

And I noticed this will be post 701 which means the jersey is in the locker and the only way to exxplain how it feels is this

You might have a place at the table, but you'll never be able to read offenses in relation to the defensive set as well as Alvin Mack did.

(Sorry about the quality)

The Big Ten has a rule that you cannot receive a scholarship at another Big Ten school if you received one at another Big Ten school, or even if you sign a LOI to another school.

The only exceptions are that your sport is dropped at the school, or you don't get admitted to the school you signed an LOI for, or you win an appeal.

Even if we wanted to get around on a loophole that we're currently in the Big 12, I would be shocked if there wasn't a clause in their scholarship release that they couldn't go to Nebraska.

So he could walk on if he wanted, but that is it.

What about Justin Boren?

Justin Boren paid his own way

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3363195

Boren, who went to high school in a Columbus, Ohio, suburb, will be paying his own way at Ohio State for the rest of his collegiate career. Under Big Ten rules, he will not be able to receive an athletic scholarship from the Buckeyes.

And lets look at the OP, Jewel Hampton tore his ACL for a second time on September 18th. Even if NU could put him on scholarship would they waste one on a running back that has already spent 3 of his 5 year clock and would have to sit out his 4th? You get a one year player with Hampton, he will be going FCS in all likelihood.

As for Wegher, Iowa put a condition on his release that he could not transfer to another Big Ten program, period. Their associate AD said this about Wegher transfering to NU, you think we would start out by pissing off the Big Ten right out of the gate?http://hawkcentral.com/2010/12/14/iowa-might-fighter-a-wegher-move-west/

Fred Mims, an associate athletic director for Iowa, offered a different view.

“They have been accepted in the Big Ten, so it’s official,” Mims said. “Conference commissioner Jim Delany just announced the two divisions, and Nebraska being in one division.”

Even if we aren't "officially" part of the Big 10 until July 1st. I can just about guarantee that the Big 10 has a stipulation in place including NU in the "fine print" area of the releases. If the guys want to walk on and play ball that's something they could do. Obviously they'll never get a scholorship from the University of Nebraska due to these stipulations. Question though, if they walk on do they still need to sit out? I'm assuming they do, but I guess I don't know for sure.