Huskers and Adidas?

Mosskid84

I don't get why people want Nike junk so badly. It's really weird. I wish we didn't have any contracts.

i agree with this in a sense. who gives a furk? either way, things staying the way people like them top to bottom (tom osborne being AD, bring back tradition, etc) the provider doesnt really matter. it goes hand in hand folks. those hoping for an all black or whatver uni are dreaming, it simply does not fit the model that we all so desperately craved back once it was gone. the throwbacks for the 300th sellout were not only cool, but a token nod to those constantly wishing for nebraska to do something out of the box with their uni's. that was it. enjoy it. other than that, you'll see the patch move around, the stripes and numbers look a little different, but an entire uniform change would be like asking for a different pose from the golden sower on top the capitol building. its not gonna happen.

Well, in my opinion, I've never liked Adidas... I mean, Nike has always seemed to market and care about all sports, and Adidas reeeeeally seems to focus on soccer. Just today I was at my Adidas store and I didn't see any football stuff...

Plus, I love the pro-combat unis.

And for everyone saying Nike is too flashy, what about Ohio State? Nike, and yet nothing too radical. I don't get it.

• Fire 1

I've been watching this thread but unable to post from work.

Nebraska left Nike because Adidas offered more money. There are 2 ways to look at this

1. (Once again my opinion) Adidas may offer more $ but the fan bases loses out on more availability of fan gear. The team also loses out on the technology Nike uses in everything from the socks to the helmets to improve performance.

2. If they go with Nike they may get less money coming in to the team.(not sure on figures...I don't know them) Nike does like to put their stamp on everything so they may want to alter things. But, you have to remember Nebraska was the team we know and love when they had Nike Sponsor them before.

I would vote Nike in a heartbeat as long as we don't change too much. But, I doubt Dr. Tom would let them change much.

Lol..... marketing hype much?

Well, in my opinion, I've never liked Adidas... I mean, Nike has always seemed to market and care about all sports, and Adidas reeeeeally seems to focus on soccer. Just today I was at my Adidas store and I didn't see any football stuff...

Plus, I love the pro-combat unis.

And for everyone saying Nike is too flashy, what about Ohio State? Nike, and yet nothing too radical. I don't get it.

There's your key word. Marketing. Nike is 90% marketing, and 10% substance. Plus, their clothes are designed for short fat guys.

So if we do switch to Nike, and they make those fancy-schmancy Pro Combat uniforms for us, what picture do y'all wanna see on the gloves?

Offensive players- a picture of Herbie, since Nike is doing it..... The :bigredn: would be too simple.

Defensive players- the bones.... :bonesflag:

I like the bones idea. That would be sweet!