Ekeler to Indiana?

haymarket

I think Ekeler has fallen off the map in recruiting since that first year, and he has never been a star LBs coach. Of course we may not replace him with someone better, that's to be seen.

Losing any coach doesn't always suck, it depends entirely on what they brought to the staff, and their replacement.

This was his first go around as a position coach, which has been 3 years. Of course he hasnt probably hasnt produced a star LB yet. He did awesome job with LaVonte David and Dillard. I believe Dillard is still on the Giants roster isnt he and David will have a shot of playing on Sundays. Plus in 08 when we had zero depth at LB he coached up the walkons enough to soften the blow.

He was the lead recruiter in getting David Santos, so I dont think he has completely fallen off the map.

Actually heard it was Doug Colman to credit for Dillard.

Which is interesting, because Colman is very likely coming back as the next LBs coach. Sounds like that has been more or less the plan, honestly, regardless of Ekeler moving on or not. That's why this may not be a bad thing for us.

I thought you didnt realize Coleman was on this staff in 08 and 09. As you stated in a another thread. http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/49963-ekelers-replacement/

HI board post.

To be clear now, I'm not saying this with any authority. This is based on a couple posts from people I guess are more familiar with Colman's situation here in those two years. In throwing that out there I am asking about it as much as anything. As said - just something I heard (read) today, that I found interesting.

It seems that Colman may have been on his way back ever since he left. Just something to be excited about, as well as wishing Ek the best in his new gig at Indiana. Co-DC is certainly a big role to take on.

Which is interesting, because Colman is very likely coming back as the next LBs coach. Sounds like that has been more or less the plan, honestly, regardless of Ekeler moving on or not. That's why this may not be a bad thing for us.

Bo was going to fire Ekeler and replace him with Colman?

OK, I want to word this carefully here. It seems that Colman's return to the staff in some capacity, was always in the works. Don't take my word for it, this is hearsay now. I don't think Bo, loyal as he is, would fire one of his own position coaches and hang them out to dry. Ekeler getting the Indiana gig does create a good opening for Colman to take, though.

I think Ekeler has fallen off the map in recruiting since that first year, and he has never been a star LBs coach. Of course we may not replace him with someone better, that's to be seen.

Losing any coach doesn't always suck, it depends entirely on what they brought to the staff, and their replacement.

True that, I remember a DC back a few years . . . .

True that, I remember a DC back a few years . . . .

That is a totally different situation. Losing a position coach on team that has had the best defense overall the last two years is a blow,major or minor.