Who will the new RB coach be IF Beck is our next OC?

corncraze

Ok so a lot of hypotheticals here, but say Watson does get the job at Miami of Ohio and Beck is promoted to be our next OC, what happens with some of the other offensive coaching positions? Does beck make himself QB coach along with OC? Or could Ganz get the job as QB coach (although I know he only has like 2 years under his belt for SOME coaching experience, he was a QB for us). Even further who would take the job as RBs coach?

Once again a lot of hypotheticals, but anyone wanna partake?

Ok so a lot of hypotheticals here, but say Watson does get the job at Miami of Ohio and Beck is promoted to be our next OC, what happens with some of the other offensive coaching positions? Does beck make himself QB coach along with OC? Or could Ganz get the job as QB coach (although I know he only has like 2 years under his belt for SOME coaching experience, he was a QB for us). Even further who would take the job as RBs coach?

Ganz would go with Watson, it could be interesting to see the offensive staff shakeup, I would guess that Beck would take over QB duties and we'd bring in a RB coach, then we'd have to determine if Ron Brown would be TE\WR or if we'd add another coach in that role.

If Beck gets OC, expect Jeff Sims name to be tossed around.

Many of the top OC's are also QB coaches

Gus Malhzan (Auburn's OC)

Dana Holgorsen (Oklahoma State's OC)

Mark Helfrich (Oregon's OC)

Bryan Harsin (Boise's OC)

Paul Chryst (Wisconsin's OC)

Chris Ault (Nevada HC\OC)

Here's my question................why do we want Beck to be our offensive coordinator? What makes him the "it" hire for that position? I only ask because I don't have any clue why we would want to hire him for that position. Why not go outside and get a big name for that position? If we want to compete for championships we've gotta get the ship going in the right direction consistently on the offensive side of the ball. We seem to have it defensively, but we all know we aren't getting it done on the offensive side. Why would he be so great?

Here's my question................why do we want Beck to be our offensive coordinator? What makes him the "it" hire for that position? I only ask because I don't have any clue why we would want to hire him for that position. Why not go outside and get a big name for that position? If we want to compete for championships we've gotta get the ship going in the right direction consistently on the offensive side of the ball. We seem to have it defensively, but we all know we aren't getting it done on the offensive side. Why would he be so great?

Because if he's capable of putting together a great offense, just hasn't had the chance yet, why not spend less money on a guy you're confident in?

It's either spend more money on a higher probability of success or spend less money on a lower probability of success.

This isn't quite 2002 where the entire defense needed to be blown the hell up for a coordinator change. I think Bo still trusts most of the staff and trusts that Beck would be able to step in and carry the offense.

Because if he's capable of putting together a great offense, just hasn't had the chance yet, why not spend less money on a guy you're confident in?

It's either spend more money on a higher probability of success or spend less money on a lower probability of success.

This isn't quite 2002 where the entire defense needed to be blown the hell up for a coordinator change. I think Bo still trusts most of the staff and trusts that Beck would be able to step in and carry the offense.

Personally I'd rather spend the money for the higher perecentage, but that's just me. I understand that Beck may end up being outstanding, we just don't know and I think that's where I'm kinda stuck at right now. Not against the idea mind you, just stuck.

Ganz would go with Watson, it could be interesting to see the offensive staff shakeup, I would guess that Beck would take over QB duties and we'd bring in a RB coach, then we'd have to determine if Ron Brown would be TE\WR or if we'd add another coach in that role.

If Beck gets OC, expect Jeff Sims name to be tossed around.

Many of the top OC's are also QB coaches

Gus Malhzan (Auburn's OC)

Dana Holgorsen (Oklahoma State's OC)

Mark Helfrich (Oregon's OC)

Bryan Harsin (Boise's OC)

Paul Chryst (Wisconsin's OC)

Chris Ault (Nevada HC\OC)

This.

I would also expect Gilmore to go with Watson as well. Beck would be the QBs coach and Jeff Sims name would be thrown around quite a bit. You are right about that.

Tim Beck would still coach RB. Bo would prob bring in just a QB coach.

Just because your an OC doesnt automatically make you the QB coach. So take that into consideration and Watson is still here.

Beck taking over QB coaching duties for the bowl game is a sign in that direction, though. Interesting, huh?