Mangino would be a good fit at Nebraska

NUance

That was a poorly written article without much substance. What did anyone learn from it? Bo Pelini has a temper? Shocking! Mark Mangino ALSO has a temper?! Match made in heaven!! Kansas scored 70 on Nebraska? I don't buy it.

I don't fault the OP for posting it, because it's relevant, but I question why that guy would waste his time writing it without any hint there was interest on either side.

Its just speculation and the writers opinion(thats part of his job), just like we all speculated if taylor was quiting the team and all the other rumors and what not get put up on this board. It keeps things moving and us thinking of more possibilities if Wats does decide to leave.

I'd like to think the writer of the article had some insight that he couldn't yet disclose. Mangino's aquarium guy or something. But I doubt that's the case. KU's football season has been done for a month. And they just don't have much to talk about.

Mangino will not be coaching in Lincoln next season. That I am very sure about.

agree, i can't imagine T.O. taking this loser!

I thought the Head Coach hired the coaching staff not the A.D. <_<:dunno

Good point. I wonder what would happen if Bo wanted Mangino. Would T.O. veto it? Could he veto it?

That said, it's wishful thinking on my part that fat man could possibly come to Lincoln. The chances of Mangino as OC for the Huskers are slim and none. Too bad, really. He’s a great offensive coach.

Good point. I wonder what would happen if Bo wanted Mangino. Would T.O. veto it? Could he veto it?

That said, it's wishful thinking on my part that fat man could possibly come to Lincoln. The chances of Mangino as OC for the Huskers are slim and none. Too bad, really. He’s a great offensive coach.

Absolutely.

Recipient of the top assistant coach in the country when he was the offensive coordinator at Oklahoma. I didn't know that he served as an assistant under Jim Tressel when he was at Youngstown State. I'd like to see him as our OC, but I don't see it happening. Unfortunately.

maybe, maybe not......ever wonder who made the real decision to retain Watson?

i suspect Bo was agreeable to taking over the D and not dismantling the O at the same time, sage advice from Dr. Tom.........

This would be the dumbest hire for two reasons:

1. This guy was accused and fired for some pretty hard core racial remarks among other things. We don't need that type of press/negative recruiting, etc. around our offense.

2. We currently have an OC who is a west coast guy trying to run a zone read/spread type of offense and pretty much learning on the job/off season how to do so. That's not good enough but we want to go to an OC who is a pass happy spread guy? We absolutely HAVE TO get an OC who's background is in the type of offense we want to run or at the very minimum let Watson keep progressing (as much as I don't want the latter). If we hire a guy just because he is a great offensive mind even though he doesn't fit the direction of our offense we are doing nothing but spinning our wheels.

This should be and hopefully will be put to rest and never written about again.