Firing topic

C N Red

My hope is that whoever the new coordinator is is given leeway to bring in his sort of people for his system. Obviously Bo can pick his poison as far as what kind of offense he wants at Nebraska, but this mix and match sh#t has got to go. If that means Beck and Brown are in the air, so be it. We are as bad on offense right now as we were on defense in 2007. Spare no expense. Show no mercy. Fire everyone and bench everyone you have to. Next year is probably a wash with our schedule anyway.

Bo cannot afford to miss this opportunity. No one is going to ask questions, whatever is done. Unless that something happens to be staying in the Watsgrove swamp. If you want a spread-option team with some balance, then get a coordinator from that philosophy and allow him to bring in the kinds of people with experience running it. If they're on staff, fantastic. If not, bon voyage.

But mark me here: I do not think Bo Pelini's career will survive inaction at this point. He will either make the painful but obvious leadership decision or face a career setback the likes of which he hasn't felt before.

• Fire 1

My hope is that whoever the new coordinator is is given leeway to bring in his sort of people for his system. Obviously Bo can pick his poison as far as what kind of offense he wants at Nebraska, but this mix and match sh#t has got to go. If that means Beck and Brown are in the air, so be it. We are as bad on offense right now as we were on defense in 2007. Spare no expense. Show no mercy. Fire everyone and bench everyone you have to. Next year is probably a wash with our schedule anyway.

Bo cannot afford to miss this opportunity. No one is going to ask questions, whatever is done. Unless that something happens to be staying in the Watsgrove swamp. If you want a spread-option team with some balance, then get a coordinator from that philosophy and allow him to bring in the kinds of people with experience running it. If they're on staff, fantastic. If not, bon voyage.

But mark me here: I do not think Bo Pelini's career will survive inaction at this point. He will either make the painful but obvious leadership decision or face a career setback the likes of which he hasn't felt before.

I couldn't have said it better myself, though I tried:

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/49576-turning-point-for-pelini/page__p__720067__hl__%2Bturning+%2Bpoint__fromsearch__1#entry720067

I know, I know . . .

dedhoarse

That gave me goosebumps...very well said.

Barney is number one on my list. Christ we couldn't even block a three man pass rush. Loyalty goes so far but Bo has got to realixe that this was a poor hire from the moment it was announced.

And what is funny is how much of a pass this buffoon continues to receive.

He has NO business on a collegiate sideline, but yet we continue to pawn him off as a top notch coach.

I'm getting to the point where if Bo and TO do not make the right call on staff decisions, instead of trying to be 'friends' with certain folks, that they are going to continue to have this program in mediocrity.

Like I have said before - hire the best man for the job, and eff this entitlement BS.

100% agree.

It's put up or shut up time for Bo. We'll see.....

That gave me goosebumps...very well said.

Agreed. Truer words were never spoken...

you are exactly 100% spot on....time for Pelini to step up....yeah, we may even lose some recruits, but in the long run the offense needs to decide who or what we want to be....we are a mish/mash of wannna be playing philosophies with a very confused O coordinator who came from a still broken program at CU...