From a UW fan

youdub

[

Did you see the shot Locker took that should've knocked him out of the game? He was down and took a hit in the back of his ribs.

They were playing football last night, hits like that happen in every game, its the nature of the game. A dirty play that should be pointed out is when Taylor shot putted the ball, but then the UW player pretty much punched him in the head in the first quarter.

He was also out of bounds at that point.

In no ways am I trying to talk smack, since you guys smacked us around on our own home turf. But at the same time, all the threads I see are how poorly you guys played.

While that may be true, there weren't any threads on how poorly UW played when you guys throttled us.

So seeing these threads, it's seems like you're mostly blaming T-mart and your OC, which all may be well and true.

But at the same time how can you diminish the fact the fact that your O-line, as well as your D-line, which are still MUCH more talented than our O/D lines, got absolutely man-handled. Call it poor coaching, motivation, but still .. . . It's hard to coach defeat against a DT or OT that weighs a whole lot less and is apparently a whole lot less skilled than you.

I'm still not trying to talk smack, but I'm just a little surprised you won't give my dawgs some credit.

We'll see how much "credit" you guys deserve when we play the rubber match in Lincoln next year.

Here's the thing, youdub, I am a USC follower in addition to a Husker fan (hence the name): If you try to put any stock in this victory as a sign that your program is on the upswing, I'd say you are sorely mistaken.

You beat a team with significant off-field issues, a freshman QB, and which did not want to play that game at all. On the flipside, you guys hadn't been to a bowl in six years and had some extra wind in your sails from playing a team you had no business meeting in a bowl game. Not to mention that regardless of the outcome the first time, beating a team twice in one season is never easy.

With losing Locker and some of your other talent, I wouldn't count on UW to finish higher than middle of the pack next year in the Pac-12.

They were playing football last night, hits like that happen in every game, its the nature of the game. A dirty play that should be pointed out is when Taylor shot putted the ball, but then the UW player pretty much punched him in the head in the first quarter.

----------

I will give you that. I'm surprised we didn't get a personal foul on that one.

I'm going to try to make it to Lincoln next year for the game, even though I think it's going to go much like how the game in September went.

Any thoughts if T-mart is coming back?

Ok Huskers go to Seattle and demolishes them. Made them look foolish. This game mattered to both teams drastically. Last night was a disaster, but the Huskers season was over on Dec 4th. The "dawgs" will find out where there program is at next year in Lincoln when it actually counts again. Should Wash fans be proud of their team last night, absolutely. But to demand respect or whine for respect on a HUSKER chat board, what a joke.

See you in Lincoln.

Washington deserves a ton of credit. Your team has improved a great deal over the season and they came to play last night. Nebraska has not really improved at all over the season and the inconsistencies still remain. We showed up and dropped an egg - something Nebraska fans have seen far too often lately.

But while giving credit where credit is due, let's not lose sight of reality. If Nebraska came and played their best alongside Washington's best, we'd come out on top by several scores. But that wasn't the case and Washington was clearly the better team on the field last night.

Congrats on the win, it was definitely deserved.

Washington was the only team on the field. Their fans were there to support them. Ours were pathetic. Most setting at home crying about how we deserved more. Not wasting money supporting their team. The team played like crap but Our So Called Best fans in College football sucked it big.

We disrespected the Huskies from the instant they got the game. Respect your opponent, lesson one.

Our so called fans actually booed the Washington band when it took the field, how pathetic is that from the best fans in college football.

I was there last night and it was disappointing on every front. The team failed, but our fan base failed our team worse.

Pathetic.

• Fire 1

You guys came to play. You beat us and deserve all the credit. I also agree that our. Bigger/ alledgedly better o/d lines got manhandled. But we are not playing to our ability With all due respect, NU has a way of beating thenselves and tonight was an example of that..again. You beat us with 95 yards of penalties and 1XX yards of offense. We will take some of the credit for the loss along with you. Congrats on a the win. I am not convinced you are all that quite yet

We committed penalties because we were getting beat. UW beat the liv'in hell out of our offensive line. They were much better than us last night....we are not good enought to broadcast our offensive intentions and just pound it down an opponents throat. Our O-line is "average."

Congrats to UW...last night you guys were "all that!"

faced with that abortion of a performance and the dogs come up with a grand total of 10 earned points? HAHA - come to lincloln in september and you will see why washington deserves no credit for this debacle. thanks for the cheap shots and tell locker he looked like an idiot spiking the ball in the end zone. 56-21 in the game that mattered - remember that?

------------------

Call it a debacle, call it whatever you want. But your team got spanked by a team you beat by 5 touchdowns earlier this year. Cheap shots? Did you see the shot Locker took that should've knocked him out of the game? He was down and took a hit in the back of his ribs.

I realize that it's hard for you to stomach this loss but come on man, let's keep it clean. I just wanted to hear from some Husker fans and so far you're the only sour one that's posted.

And yeah I saw that spike he had in the endzone after two of your defenders literally bounced off him.

Okay, since you used the expression keep it clean, and since you came here demanding respect, I have a few words for you. I have seen many Nebraska games. Ive been exposed to many fans; often in bowl games. I have been to games where we have won and lost. Often at a football game you deal with drunk fans (for instance, Cal had many drunk obnoxious fans). But I have never, never, dealt with as many rude, obnoxious, arrogant (7-6, and youre acting arrogant? Come on), crude, and down-right disgusting fans. Last night I had many Washington fans (MANY, this was NOT isolated), run up to me and bark in my face. They were not just walking around barking (or sure, there was plenty of that too), but actually coming up to me blocking my path, and sticking their face in mine and barking. Also, as I was driving out of the parking lot I had a group of them stop my truck, started flipping off my sons and me, and demanding that I roll down the window. Then another Washington fan yelled something at me so crude that I cant even type it here on this board. I stayed until the last second ticked off the clock (I always do, win or lose), and as I left I faced a gauntlet of insults, taunts, and what I perceived as down-right threats. THESE WERE THE WORST FANS I HAVE EVER, EVER, ENCOUNTERED!!!

faced with that abortion of a performance and the dogs come up with a grand total of 10 earned points? HAHA - come to lincloln in september and you will see why washington deserves no credit for this debacle. thanks for the cheap shots and tell locker he looked like an idiot spiking the ball in the end zone. 56-21 in the game that mattered - remember that?

The game that mattered? You sir, are an idiot. They got better at the end of the year, and you got worse. Now you get to think about losing to a .500 team and question your program for the next 8 months.

The game that mattered? You sir, are an idiot. They got better at the end of the year, and you got worse. Now you get to think about losing to a .500 team and question your program for the next 8 months.

You're still hanging around...not much of life that you have, huh?