Is Bo really head coach?

Husker66

We are getting ready to find out. I am guessing he wants to make changes on offense now.he has to be pissed that the o costs this team so many games I think if he doesn't make changes, its because he can't. That will signal a deeper control problem or lack of confidence with Dr. Tom. If that's the case, we r in deep trouble that wont go away next season.

We are getting ready to find out. I am guessing he wants to make changes on offense now.he has to be pissed that the o costs this team so many games I think if he doesn't make changes, its because he can't. That will signal a deeper control problem or lack of confidence with Dr. Tom. If that's the case, we r in deep trouble that wont go away next season.

If anyone thinks that Tom Osborne will not let Bo make changes, they are out of their minds. Does anyone actually believe that Tom Osborne has a Steve Peterson ego on him? Does anyone really think that Tom Osborne is pleased with this goofball zone read offense? Maybe I read more into your post than you intended. I think I'm still a little pissed and tired from last night.

If anyone thinks that Tom Osborne will not let Bo make changes, they are out of their minds. Does anyone actually believe that Tom Osborne has a Steve Peterson ego on him? Does anyone really think that Tom Osborne is pleased with this goofball zone read offense? Maybe I read more into your post than you intended. I think I'm still a little pissed and tired from last night.

Spot on. Nice post!

I am starting to believe that Bo Pelini is not a head coach. No, I am not a troll (I've been on this site for years), and don't want to be tarred & feathered over this, but after this season, I do wonder about Bo has an HC. I don't think in anyway that T.O. won't allow him to make changes, I just don't believe Bo is HC material. He is an defensive genius, but even the D doesn't play up to their potential all the time and Bo knows nothing about the offense and apparently is not willing to over rule Watson.

Last year at this time, and into the first few games of this season, I thought we were headed toward something special. But this season has me worried. Next season could be really ugly.

There is more than 1 person, myself included that thinks Bo doesn't let Wats do what he wants with the offense. I really don't think this is the O Wats wants. Not trying to defend him. He should be done. Just a counterpoint to the argument that Pelini doesn't have anything to do with the O or is involved in that side of the game.

There is more than 1 person, myself included that thinks Bo doesn't let Wats do what he wants with the offense. I really don't think this is the O Wats wants. Not trying to defend him. He should be done. Just a counterpoint to the argument that Pelini doesn't have anything to do with the O or is involved in that side of the game.

Who, besides Beck about 2 years on Kansas, has any zone-read experience on this staff???? Couple that with the boogered up coaching staff (1/2 old BC guys, 1/2 new BP guys) and it just seems like the O-staff is not on the same page. Probably not even reading the same book. This is shown in the fact that our Offense has NO identity, and seems to regress every single year.

Not trying to defend Wats either, I like the guy, but he just isn't getting the job done right now.

We definitely regressed from last year to this year, for example, and the stats bear that out.

I don't think it's BC guys vs BP guys about this staff. So much as a freaking clueless OL coach. Maybe an overambitious OC, but we 1) did very well prior to QB injuries, 2) could have IMO, reacted a lot better to them had we not stuck with injured Taylor and just turned Cody loose.

We are going to see more of Bo's vision for the offense though, once Watson leaves as he is sure to (my guess).

I think Bo is a good head coach, but he needs to trim the fat and figure out the problems on offense and quickly. If he doesn't we are doomed to be just an average team with moments of great play. It starts with Watson and Cotton hitting the door. Bo also better figure out why we fumble the ball so damn much and do something about the penalties. It's getting really old..................