Beck Called the Plays?

There's a rumor going around that Beck was responsible for playcalling last night. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

It is true, Wats wasn't very involved with the game plan for the Bowl Game. And whoever said that these are the only plays that TMart can run is also correct. They have been trying to get Wats a job since TO doesn't like to fire anyone. Although I think he will be ok, we've paid him enough money to survive if he's unemployed for a season or two.

But you also have to factor in crappy OL play and whoever was calling plays is very limited on what you can do.

I think this was a audition for Beck more than anything for them to see if he's a liable candidate to replace Wats, or if they need to go out and get someone like a Mangino to be the new OC.

Watson called the plays for the bowl game.

Beck directed the offense during bowl practices.

If this was a new thing, was it a possible dress rehearsal for Beck as the OC? Bo trying to get a handle on what he has on the offensive staff in case he needed to make changes after the bowl game? Just a thought, could be way off base.

I will forever blame anything that goes wrong with the offense on Watson.

As for Beck getting an audition....it was widely known that Watson was a candidate for the Miami Ohio job so I'm sure he would understand.

And we did have different formations didn't we. I thought I saw a lot of Taylor under center and even a couple tightends in a power formation once.

Watson could be coaching somewhere else next year and there will still be blaming of him whenever something wrong happens with the offense.

If someone else is coaching the offense next year, there's a chance it won't be so horrible. In which case there will be no need for any blame at all. That's how it works. People aren't bagging on Watson just for sh**s and giggles, they're bagging on him because of his horrible job performance.

there is no way that anybody except Watson is at fault. For everything, the poor tackeling, lack of disciplne, all the penalties falls squarely on Watsons shoulders even if he were not the one calling the plays. Husker fans have found a scape goat and no amount of facts or information would will change opinons.

there is no way that anybody except Watson is at fault. For everything, the poor tackeling, lack of disciplne, all the penalties falls squarely on Watsons shoulders even if he were not the one calling the plays. Husker fans have found a scape goat and no amount of facts or information would will change opinons.

Not everything falls on Watson's shoulders. But the ineptness of the offense from the last two seasons most certainly does. Cotton and Gilmore have gotten plenty of flack this season too, so it's not a matter of finding a scape goat. It's a matter of calling a spade a spade.