Support for T-Mart

HANC

I love Taylor I think if he stays his head out of the clouds he could be a great QB!

"I guess that I am kind of on the perverbial fence about T-Mart, but I have convinced myself that he has shown enough potential to be molded into a very good qb at NU..."

As I read these two statements I thought: "But WILL Taylor open himself up to BE molded." One of the things I wonder is does he have enough experience to be an effective quarterback. From what I read, he has only been playing football since his Junior year in high school. Is that correct? If so, then he's only been playing football period for 4 years. Vs other kids that will come into the program who have been playing football most of their young lives.

My hope is that Taylor will grow up, that his Dad will get out of his way (nothing worse than a 'hover-parent', and that he will begin to mend fences with the rest of the team. It's not his fault that he was 'handed the reins'. However, it IS his fault that he hasn't stepped up and at least tried to interact with the other players. But maybe he just doesn't know how.

He will have his work cut out for him next year. Just listening to that Turner kid-wow! He just reeks of self confidence and WANTS to make a difference. That kind of attitude is what our team needs right now. I just hope that he can walk the walk (play the play!)

The loss wasn't Taylor's fault. Poor play calling and a lack of pass coverage and run blocking is what hurt this team. Our Oline didn't help out our running backs and Taylor's presence in the pocket. Its hard to pass the ball when you have less than a second to throw the ball.

wrong, Taylor was part of the prob, it was mentioned several times during the game he held the ball for upwards of 5-6 seconds and was subsequently sacked...it is amazing so many people watch the game and miss the obvious....the kid just froze and seldom threw the ball away to avoid the sack.....he was totally confused.

Taylor has no pocket presence. It was obvious in the Ou game and it was obvious against Washington. Until Taylor learns not to act like a deer in the headlights when facing a pass rush, he will get eatin up everytime. You knew washington was coming on a blitz during those 3rd downs..... yet no aubibles, no timeout, no having the Oline adjust the blocking.

I dont wanna here the freshman excuse anymore....... this was game 14 not game 1. He has not improved since WKU actually may have gotten worse. The teams he torched were TERRIBLE on defense.

:yeah THIS. Taylor prvoed all year he could torch a crap defense, and yes Okie State falls into that category. As does KState. What Taylor continued to prove all season is that he struggles MIGHTILY reading defenses. Part of this falls on the coaching, but a kid that puts time in the film room and maybe communicates with other QBs about what they are seeing should be able to recognize looks. From there audible into a better play, know where the weakspots in passing situations and generally put the offense in a better chance to succeed. This never happened all year. Remember when the Texas players said they knew Taylor was making his decisions presnap and not being able to adjust to what they were doing on d? That was tell tale about his development(again part on coaches but part on player).

Two years in the system, there had better be some kind of effort out of him this offseaseon if he wants to keep his job.

Imo, Tmart is simply an outrageous talent. There's very, very few (if any current) cfb players that have his initial burst running the ball. When healthy, he's a real-deal Crouch threat to explode any play for a TD.

I think with competent/good coaching he's easily the best offensive threat we've had since Crouch and quite possibly even more as he's already a better passer than Crouch. In 3.5 years of starting did Crouch ever throw for five TDs in a game?

Frazier/Frost/Gill were "great" qb talents but Tmart would leave them in the dust running the ball. It wouldn't even be close. I'm old enough to have watched all three of those qbs and please don't tell me Frost, Crouch or Frazier were good passers. They were great without making up skills that simply were not there. Gill would still have the edge throwing the ball but Tmart has three more years to improve.

I think we would be VERY stupid to diss the kid to the dumpster due to the internet generated internet rumors. Let's get rid of the clowns coaching our offense and see what happens. The potential is through the roof. We don't want to throw that away.

I agree with almost everything, I don't think he's truly a better runner. He's faster and has some of the best acceleration I've seen in a long time, but Crouch could also make people miss and Frazier...I think he's in a class by himself as a running qb.

But you hit the nail on the head with the coaching comments. TO allowed the other three to be competent passers by putting them in situation where they could throw with some degree of success, and that wasn't standing in the pocket. He allowed them to move outside the pocket where their athletism gave them the optin to make a play with their legs if there was no place to throw the ball

I agree he's way too talented to just dismiss. I hope adjustments are made that will help him better utilize his skills, and I really hope something changes so the team will play for him.

The team is not going to play for Martinez, plain and simple. Time to move on!

I don't totall disagree, because this is probably my number 1 concern about Taylor right now...but I do have "questions" - not attacks about your post

- Is this your opinion, or do you have sources insided who have "said" they don't like or wont play for Taylor? Remember, not an attack, I am just interested out of my concerns.

- In my opinion, at this level, guys play for themselves, their team, their coaches, their fans, their love for the game...If someone isn't giving a 100% on every play, especially if they are doing it because they don't like the players around them, then they need to find another "hobby"

- Finally, I was at ISU and this team didn't perform extremely well...with Cody... They did not perform extremely well against aTm in the second half with Cody, and they sure didn't change their performance at the Holiday bowl with Cody either...

** Again, I have your concern, so these are true questions...

- Finally, I was at ISU and this team didn't perform extremely well...with Cody... They did not perform extremely well against aTm in the second half with Cody, and they sure didn't change their performance at the Holiday bowl with Cody either...

I was at Ames as well. It is hard to sit here and say the team didn't perform with Cody under center when Wats never took the training wheels off and called a simple game. It wasn't hard for ISU to figure out NU wasn't going to challenge them through the air, especially when going into the wind. Wats never gave Cody a chance in this game. Same thing happened in the A&M game.

An OC with some balls and that is not afraid to use them would be nice.

I was at Ames as well. It is hard to sit here and say the team didn't perform with Cody under center when Wats never took the training wheels off and called a simple game. It wasn't hard for ISU to figure out NU wasn't going to challenge them through the air, especially when going into the wind. Wats never gave Cody a chance in this game. Same thing happened in the A&M game.

An OC with some balls and that is not afraid to use them would be nice.

I agree with the fact that Wats hand-cuffed Cody and he basically has both years Cody has seen the field. Not sure whats up there. But, late in the game, when EVERONE thought Watson should have used Wildcat MORE, he went with Cody and LET HIM THROW in situations when we probably should have run and kicked FG.... I know Cody is 4-0 and I am a huge Cody supporter as well, but show me a game when the team was "clicking" on all cylinders in ANY of those 4 games.... NONE. I don't buy the thought that these D-I athletes don't try to "win" based on who is QB....that is barstool talk...