Bo should take note of what this coach just said...

Will Muschamp, former DC and 'Head Couch in Waiting' at UT has said after his hiring at UF that he knows defence so he will hire an OC to run the offence and let him have the rains in that area. They are courting Charlie Wiess so it looks like they are going for the best. TO, Bo P and the Administration needs to do the same. Bo's expertise is defence, the Nebraska Black Shirts have great tradition. Bo should play to his strengths and recognize his weaknesses. Say 'Goodbye' to watson and possibly Cotton and find a strong OC and an O-Line coach who can teach linemen to block.

T_O_B

:bonesflag::throwdabones1::throwdabones1::throwdabones1::bonesflag:

• Fire 2

Ya it's actually been confirmed by quite a few places according to espn that weiss will be introduced as UF's OC. I completely agree. There are great offensive minds out there and if Pelini wants to run a specific offense fine but get an OC where that is the offense HE RUNS! Don't try to fit a square peg in a round hole by trying to let Watson learn how to call plays and develop an offense for something he hasn't ever done before.

Bo needs to find an OC he has real faith in then trust him to run the show.

Wats should go. If he doesn't then Bo should respect him and let the guy do more of what he wants in terms of scheme and personnel. Wats is but nothing special but he's competent scheming, playcalling and developing qb's for his own O. He doesn't cut-it running and developing qb's for the scheme Bo wants.

Ya it's actually been confirmed by quite a few places according to espn that weiss will be introduced as UF's OC. I completely agree. There are great offensive minds out there and if Pelini wants to run a specific offense fine but get an OC where that is the offense HE RUNS! Don't try to fit a square peg in a round hole by trying to let Watson learn how to call plays and develop an offense for something he hasn't ever done before.

Couldn't agree more! I've been saying this very thing for some time now, I really think Bo will do the right thing and make the change. I know Taylor's injuries and mistakes made Watson look even worse than he should have, but I think it's obvious that Watson is just not capable of coordinating the offense that Bo is looking for.

The things is is that we have finally stockpiled qb's that fit the zone read offense. I feel like if we bring in another OC that has a different vision than what Bo wants, which appears to be the zone read, then we will just be starting over again. I guess Turner and Taylor could play WR but then we would just have Green and Carnes as QB's. IMO it's an absolute MUST to get someone in here that THEIR OFFENSE is some variation of having a dual threat at qb.

I agree with this, Bo can't trust Watts so he tries to help, 2 observations.

1) Bo don't can't coach offense

2) Wattts does not deserve to be trusted

3) The BoWatts combo is a nightmare.

I think Bo tries to apply his defensive style to the offense and it does not work. Bo runs a great solid D, he develops players and then he does not try to blow up the other team they play solid and make teams earn ever yard but he is not afraid of giving up yards. Watching teams today and offense can not run this way, I can see a Bo style in very simple plays that should get 4 or 5 yards and you can pound down the field, problem is team adjust and we are stuck. Our offense is run like a defense that stacks the box on every play because they cant defend a pass .... one dimensional all the way. I'm ok with a ton of runs if we can pass when we need to ....... problem can't pass back to the Solich offense, I think BO figures this is ok because all we need it a serviceable offense and his D can do the rest …… hard to go ½ way with offense.

IMO it's an absolute MUST to get someone in here that THEIR OFFENSE is some variation of having a dual threat at qb.

Think that's a given. Bringing in an OC that doesn't would be absolutely ridiculous.

Absolutely.

That's why our "sling the ball around" WCO OC is such a horrible fit here. He's not stupid. He just doesn't know anything about power football. I wish him well wherever he goes. As long as he goes soon.

Will Muschamp, former DC and 'Head Couch in Waiting' at UT has said after his hiring at UF that he knows defence so he will hire an OC to run the offence and let him have the rains in that area. They are courting Charlie Wiess so it looks like they are going for the best. TO, Bo P and the Administration needs to do the same. Bo's expertise is defence, the Nebraska Black Shirts have great tradition. Bo should play to his strengths and recognize his weaknesses. Say 'Goodbye' to watson and possibly Cotton and find a strong OC and an O-Line coach who can teach linemen to block.

T_O_B

:bonesflag::throwdabones1::throwdabones1::throwdabones1::bonesflag:

Don't mean to be overly sensitive to your spelling, or lack thereof, but there is no C in either offense or defense. If it was once, I could have let it go, but you did it 3 times.

It makes your arguments look silly.

• Fire 1

Well yes you would think so but if you look back to the last couple of years I'm not so sure that it is that obvious. We started off running the power run game in 2008 only to switch to the spread halfway through with elements of the zone read to it. We recruited guys like Robinson (ended up at Purdue), Turner, Taylor, Green, Carnes who are all dual threat qb's. If we were going to stick with the offense we ran in 08' why wouldn't we recruit more polished passers? However, on the field, until this year, it appeared that we were going to run a zone read that emphasized passing more than running from the qb.