When do we start to hold Dr. Tom accountable?

Dr. Tom as AD  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well I am going to go out on a leg here and say Osborne has been accountable since he took the job.

Since when did being accountable mean a bad thing. I'm glad Tom is our AD, i can't think of anyone better than him and i would like to see him continue to be our AD.

I'm just curious to know when we are going to start holding Dr. Tom accountable...as an AD of course!

I never have nor will I ever question him as a coach and leader of young men. However, I will most certainly question him as an AD. There are a few topics which I would like to open for discussion:

1 - Didn't Dr. Tom request Watson to remain a part of the staff when he brought on Pelini?

I would agree that right now, this looks questionable, especially if he is still pushing Bo to keep Watsgrove. At the time, (even though I wanted him and Gilmore gone) it didn't look like a horrible move.

2 - The more I look at the Big 10/Big 12 debacle the more I question his vision! He was very clear in the mid 90's that the power in football was shifting south, rightfully so!!! What is 4 or 5 going on 5 or 6 straight national titles from the SEC??? So then, why would he want to move to the rust belt? Before you say money and prestige, let me remind you, that when we were rolling right, no one cared how bad the Big 8 was, and we made plenty of money by winning! It is quite clear that winning the Legends division will be much more difficult than the North. I digress....

Fail, epic fail. We weren't gonna go to the SEC, maybe the PAC-16, but did we really want to deal with the texa$$ cancer again? The money we made in the Big 8 was NOTHING compared to what we will make with our Big 10/CIC memberships.

3 - Two words....Frank. Solich.

Epic fail #2. Frank wom 77% of his games, won a conference championship, and played for a NC. You said that the team was getting progressively worse and worse, but you are wrong. One bad year. Remember, 2003 finished with us being 10-3 and finishing in the top 20. The thing that he did which in hindsight was bad, was telling Frank to keep the staff in place. That staff being together for 20 years as one of the things that kept us so stable for that time, but Frank didn't have the recruiting presence of Tom. That was what nobody predicted. And then the changes were made, things got better. Frank was a damn good coach.

I think he's a horrible AD and we should go try to get Pederson back. Osborne was only able to get us a defensive coordinator as a head coach and Pederson got us an NFL coach who went to the super bowl. Also Osborne made us leave our grand Big 12 conference for an inferior Big Ten conference.

I think he's a horrible AD and we should go try to get Peterson back. Osborne was only able to get us a defensive coordinator as a head coach and Peterson got us an NFL coach who went to the super bowl. Also Osborne made us leave our grand Big 12 conference for an inferior Big Ten conference.

:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

Yeah, Frank is such a "damn good coach" he is still stuck at Ohio....the ones that wear green, not scarlet and grey!

I knew this would not be received well by many because it is impossible for them to seperate TO as HC and TO as AD, and forgot that sooo many people still wanted Frank as our HC...

Sorry for bringing it up!

Tom got Frank the job but was also a thorn in his side. Frank didn't staff as he saw fit til after the crap season of '02, before that we saw the staff TO wanted. TO is a loyal guy, and can be loyal to to a fault. Continuity is important, but definitely less important than quality. I think settling in the name of continuity and the "Nebraska way" is a mistake.

Yeah, Frank is such a "damn good coach" he is still stuck at Ohio....the ones that wear green, not scarlet and grey!

I knew this would not be received well by many because it is impossible for them to seperate TO as HC and TO as AD, and forgot that sooo many people still wanted Frank as our HC...

Sorry for bringing it up!

I wish there was a 7 foot tall facepalm to use here...

I'm just curious to know when we are going to start holding Dr. Tom accountable...as an AD of course!

I never have nor will I ever question him as a coach and leader of young men. However, I will most certainly question him as an AD. There are a few topics which I would like to open for discussion:

1 - Didn't Dr. Tom request Watson to remain a part of the staff when he brought on Pelini?

2 - The more I look at the Big 10/Big 12 debacle the more I question his vision! He was very clear in the mid 90's that the power in football was shifting south, rightfully so!!! What is 4 or 5 going on 5 or 6 straight national titles from the SEC??? So then, why would he want to move to the rust belt? Before you say money and prestige, let me remind you, that when we were rolling right, no one cared how bad the Big 8 was, and we made plenty of money by winning! It is quite clear that winning the Legends division will be much more difficult than the North. I digress....

3 - Two words....Frank. Solich.

So whether or not you agree with me on the Big 10 move, what makes you want to keep Dr. Tom as the AD? I'm just curious what everyones' thoughts are since the topic has never been breached....

post-8666-037739500 1294098610.jpg

You basically just made fun of God to most these people so I wouldn't expect a lot of support. I on the other hand think you have one good point. There is not one person that post on here that can tell you for FACT that go ole" Tommy Boy isn't letting Bo know his opinion on wether or not Watson should be kept or fired.

So if your boss that hired you tells you to do something you don't beleive may be the right choice, what do you do? Quit? Be Spineless? or risk everything and go against him? (be careful, some of you have already admitted you would lick the corns of his feet)

What is this thread really about. Is it implying that Dr. Tom Osborne is micro managing Bo Palini's team. If so please provide proof. Also do you think Palini would stick around if that was the case. Do you think that is the character of Dr. Osborne?

I think Tom is their to help give the coaches guidance. He only steps in when he feels necessary or when asked. He has expericenced alot more in his coaching time, then our whole staff combined. Granted, this isnt 90's, but its nice to have someone their that has gone through it. I have no reason to believe he is micro-managing.