When do we start to hold Dr. Tom accountable?

Dr. Tom as AD  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm just curious to know when we are going to start holding Dr. Tom accountable...as an AD of course!

I never have nor will I ever question him as a coach and leader of young men. However, I will most certainly question him as an AD. There are a few topics which I would like to open for discussion:

1 - Didn't Dr. Tom request Watson to remain a part of the staff when he brought on Pelini?

2 - The more I look at the Big 10/Big 12 debacle the more I question his vision! He was very clear in the mid 90's that the power in football was shifting south, rightfully so!!! What is 4 or 5 going on 5 or 6 straight national titles from the SEC??? So then, why would he want to move to the rust belt? Before you say money and prestige, let me remind you, that when we were rolling right, no one cared how bad the Big 8 was, and we made plenty of money by winning! It is quite clear that winning the Legends division will be much more difficult than the North. I digress....

3 - Two words....Frank. Solich.

So whether or not you agree with me on the Big 10 move, what makes you want to keep Dr. Tom as the AD? I'm just curious what everyones' thoughts are since the topic has never been breached....

You should quit doing so many drugs.

You basically just made fun of God to most these people so I wouldn't expect a lot of support. I on the other hand think you have one good point. There is not one person that post on here that can tell you for FACT that go ole" Tommy Boy isn't letting Bo know his opinion on wether or not Watson should be kept or fired.

So if your boss that hired you tells you to do something you don't beleive may be the right choice, what do you do? Quit? Be Spineless? or risk everything and go against him? (be careful, some of you have already admitted you would lick the corns of his feet)

You got the dizzturbedNUfan part right.

T_O_B

:facepalm:

lol, :) I get that a lot. Maybe I came across to harsh. All I'm saying is that Tom (for sure) and Bo (at least it seems)are both pretty loyal guy's, and I hope in this case it doesn't come back to bite them. I love Tom just as much as everybody else, when he came back as A.D. I finally felt that things were going to be ok. I hope not, but I cannot say for certain that Tom's opinions haven't been heard in the offensive discussion and I hope they don't put being loyal over the good of the program.

I’m not sure what the poll means by accountable? Do it mean that T.O. meddles too much and should get the ax if NU football is not successful? I think that is already the case. If NU had bombed out in Pelini’s first two years (say, we’d gone 4-9 instead of 9-4) I think Harvey Perlman would have called a dinner meeting for the NU athletic department. And Perlman would have given a motivational speech--much like Al Capone's baseball speech.

I have not voted yet- love the guy to death, but as I look at the baseball and basketball programs...

What programs are suffering? Last year, our women's basketball had their best year ever. The volleyball team is consistently rolling on. The men's basketball program never has been much save a few years under wounded knee. Other than a few years in there, the baseball team never really has been very good. Let's also get another point straight here. Without a successful football program, there are no other programs. Football is the only sports program at Nebraska that runs in the black. Every other one loses money year in and year out.

You basically just made fun of God to most these people so I wouldn't expect a lot of support. I on the other hand think you have one good point. There is not one person that post on here that can tell you for FACT that go ole" Tommy Boy isn't letting Bo know his opinion on wether or not Watson should be kept or fired.

So if your boss that hired you tells you to do something you don't beleive may be the right choice, what do you do? Quit? Be Spineless? or risk everything and go against him? (be careful, some of you have already admitted you would lick the corns of his feet)

You got the dizzturbedNUfan part right.

T_O_B

lol, :) I get that a lot. Maybe I came across to harsh. All I'm saying is that Tom (for sure) and Bo (at least it seems)are both pretty loyal guy's, and I hope in this case it doesn't come back to bite them. I love Tom just as much as everybody else, when he came back as A.D. I finally felt that things were going to be ok. I hope not, but I cannot say for certain that Tom's opinions haven't been heard in the offensive discussion and I hope they don't put being loyal over the good of the program.

Agreed.

T_O_B

:throwdabones1:

Rome wasn't built, ir in this case rebuilt, in a day. NU football is making great progress overall and he played the Big 10 thing as well as he could given the circumstance. No one should be unaccountable, but Tom is as close to no one as it gets and he is doing pretty well to boot.

Now that it looks like Lucky Les is headed to Michigan and Bo is potentially headed back to LSU, what are everyone's thoughts???

Especially if part of his decision to leave is because he lacked control over personnel decisions...

I would love for Bo to stay and a new OC found immediately, but if Bo does leave, I feel strongly like Dr Tom should not be given final say in the next HC...

Now that it looks like Lucky Les is headed to Michigan and Bo is potentially headed back to LSU, what are everyone's thoughts???

Especially if part of his decision to leave is because he lacked control over personnel decisions...

I would love for Bo to stay and a new OC found immediately, but if Bo does leave, I feel strongly like Dr Tom should not be given final say in the next HC...

Stop sniffing so much glue.

I have not voted yet- love the guy to death, but as I look at the baseball and basketball programs...

What programs are suffering? Last year, our women's basketball had their best year ever. The volleyball team is consistently rolling on. The men's basketball program never has been much save a few years under wounded knee. Other than a few years in there, the baseball team never really has been very good. Let's also get another point straight here. Without a successful football program, there are no other programs. Football is the only sports program at Nebraska that runs in the black. Every other one loses money year in and year out.

Yep. Everyone else is dependent on football to survive. PC or not, that's the way it is.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: