Brion Carnes

C N Red

When I look back at brions highlights he reminds me of tyrod taylor with how he moves around and throws the ball. I have hope for both qb recruits we have coming whether or not they both make it, but if they can't do it im hoping brion plays even close to tyrod. Just someone who I consider dual threat like tyrod could do wonders for our O.

Tyrod Taylor is pretty dang good. What a joy to watch.

I would rather have a guy like Luck of course, but what a weapon Taylor is!

Speaking of the Orange Bowl - Stanford has 350 plays apparently. Huge, complex playbook.

You must have been a huge callaclown fan huh? You want a pocket passer. Truthfully I think in college football you need a dual threat qb who passes well and scrambles to throw and runs when needs to. In the pros qbs have alot more time to study coverages etc and can have huge playbooks because that's their job. In college with school and all iits hard to do in 4-5 years and there may be 1-2 very special pocket passing qbs every 6-8 years like peyton manning. Hell, tom brady didn't even play at michigan. Better chance to find athletic qb who can be dual. It takes alot of years to be a great pocket passer.

Luck has even run for more yards on the year than Taylor, I believe. On the contrary, I think guys like Taylor, Vince Young, et. all, are the rare breeds. The true dual threats that are good at being QB while still being dynamic and athletic.

Many guys can do competently what a QB needs to do without running really fast. It is the guys that can do both that are rare.

I take Luck here because Luck is no slouch running either and I think mentally, as a quarterback, he is sharper than Taylor. But no question they are both really talented and fun to watch. I hope Brion turns out to be a player like Tyrod. Except I hope he protects the ball a lot better while he's scrambling.

But I am pointing out here that such a system is possible apparently, to run at the collegiate level. It's not even like they have elite athletes all over the place either.

But yes - I was a fan of Callahan's offenses and still would be. I love an offense that just rolls like a well-oiled, precision machine. We made a lot of hay with very marginal (physically) QBs. Our 2 minute offense was killer and it was nice to have that to count on. He is too maligned in my opinion. His tenure didn't work out here but no need for hate where it isn't deserved.

Tyrod Taylor is pretty dang good. What a joy to watch.

I would rather have a guy like Luck of course, but what a weapon Taylor is!

Speaking of the Orange Bowl - Stanford has 350 plays apparently. Huge, complex playbook.

yeah, and their players are smart enough to get into Stanford.

Bo doesn't care about traditions, nobody cares about that, the Blackshirts for example. He will run this program his way and that's what any coach should do.

I guess their players are smart enough to get into Stanford. Different standards, though. I think this is overblown.

Bo doesn't care about traditions, nobody cares about that, the Blackshirts for example. He will run this program his way and that's what any coach should do.

I guess their players are smart enough to get into Stanford. Different standards, though. I think this is overblown.

Bo embraces the history and the tradition of the program. He might not care about it, and he'll put his twist on it, but he doesn't ignore former players and history like Callahan did. There's a difference between not caring about something, and completely ignoring it.

Bo embraces the history and the tradition of the program. He might not care about it, and he'll put his twist on it, but he doesn't ignore former players and history like Callahan did. There's a difference between not caring about something, and completely ignoring it.

I'd say he actively shunned it.

His offenses were hot/cold IMO. He lit up Ron Prince every year, but remember the USC games? Remember first half Okie Lite, vs second half Okie Lite in '06?

I'm sorry, is this the "Question Zoogies' thoughts on Callahan" thread? I thought I was going to be reading the "Brion Carnes" thread. I guess I'll look for that one elsewhere.

Nobody knows anything about Brion Carnes, I don't know why this thread even exists... The kid hasn't played a down of college football yet. There aren't even spring game highlights to talk about. All we have is a quote from one or two coaches saying that the kid is doing well, which is what they say about any number of other players that haven't been seen in live action yet.

There's nothing to talk about.

Should the Kenny Bell thread not exist either?

I don't know why, but it seems you get really defensive whenever Brion and the high hopes for him come up, because the implicit threat to Taylor is implied. It's puzzling because I think you are perfectly reasonable in most respects. Just an honest question here, not meaning to take a shot.

Anyway, apologies for taking this thread so far off course. I am excited about the Brion-to-Tyrod comparison because I like Tyrod a lot as a QB. I said of course I would take Luck but I mean, we're talking about a future #1 overall NFL pick here, hence of course.

I'm sorry, is this the "Question Zoogies' thoughts on Callahan" thread? I thought I was going to be reading the "Brion Carnes" thread. I guess I'll look for that one elsewhere.

Nobody knows anything about Brion Carnes, I don't know why this thread even exists... The kid hasn't played a down of college football yet. There aren't even spring game highlights to talk about. All we have is a quote from one or two coaches saying that the kid is doing well, which is what they say about any number of other players that haven't been seen in live action yet.

There's nothing to talk about.

Maybe if you would read the thread more carefully you would see that in the first post I was saying that brions highlight tapes remind me of how tyrod taylor runs and throws. Just trying to bring up hope for the future since IMO I don't think TM is gonna be the answer. So hate me for talking about a possible future qb but I thought that's a reason for the board. Its not like he's a recruit, he is signed and will not be a RS next year, so I thought why not dream. My bad.