watching the Orange bowl

Yeah, Nebraska would probably lose to Stanford. Cardinal would put up a good amount of points and after the zone read stopped working, Nebraska wouldn't have an answer on offense.

And yeah, Stanford may have a complicated system with alot of different plays, but I guess the difference is that Stanford has the offensive coaches to teach it and have the players execute it at a high level consistently; Nebraska definitely doesn't.

luck was good, sure. amazing? eh. seemed like every pass was crowned with a great 'touch' pass comment...where i saw a noodle arm compared to the likes of blaine gabbert.

honestly...i dont believe the kid can throw a spiral. i dont care how smart he is, what intangibles he has, blah blah blah. in the nfl, you have the physical skill set and can make every throw, then the intangible stuff comes into play. see: tom brady. laser cannon. brain.

the most amazing guy i saw on that stanford team, and that i'd want on the huskers, was that damn bowling ball of a linebacker/fullback. marecic is it? give me 11 of him. kid has so much mass he looks like the earth is going to crumble at any moment and he'll fall through, run into the devil and kick his spiked tail ass out the other side.

va tech i thought looked an AWFUL lot like nebraska. scary a lot actually, especially in that fourth quarter. nervous qb, throws in the dirt, odd playcalling, general surrender attitude. great googly moogly that hokie backfield is stacked...but if you watched the second half you'd had thought they were all walk on punters.

I have to say that you sum up my thoughts almost exactly. I've thought all season long that the media has make Luck out to be something that he isn't. If I were a GM of a NFL team, I can think of other QB's I'd much rather have than Luck. Heck, I'd even take Newton over Luck and he has Ryan Leaf kind of trouble written all over him. The fullback/linebacker was a heck of a player. They had some studs in the trenches as well.

What did everyone think of the ref's? How many holding calls were made again? I loved how they let a receiver get completely blasted by the Stanford linebacker as the ball was in the air but thought it best to keep their yellow hankies tucked away.

I know this is a tired old drum to beat, but I've been aware of several helmet-to-helmet collisions in bowl games this year, and the only one I saw mentioned was in the Nebraska game.

The announcers get a fact sheet about each team, data on trends and notable happenings during the season, and it appears the helmet-to-helmet garbage has found its way onto ours (thanks, Ed Cunningham).

TV (especially ESPN) is ruining college football. It's the beast that eats itself.

Yeah, Nebraska would probably lose to Stanford. Cardinal would put up a good amount of points and after the zone read stopped working, Nebraska wouldn't have an answer on offense.

And yeah, Stanford may have a complicated system with alot of different plays, but I guess the difference is that Stanford has the offensive coaches to teach it and have the players execute it at a high level consistently; Nebraska definitely doesn't.

"Probably" lose to stanford? Yeah that's why they are #4 winning the orange bowl and we are not in the top 25 and lost 3 of our last 4 games. We coukdn't hold their jock we would be 3 and out with 6 fumbles and 12 penalties. Our d might hold them to 21, but then give up when the o had -100 yards, and 3 pick 6's and two other fumbles set up 14 more points. We lose 56-0

I don't know if Tyrod went cold, so much as Stanford's defense was really good. They dominated that VT O-line at times, it was embarrassing. Tyrod did get happy feet on a few occasions though, but somehow made it worth it at times, too.

The key theme for me was how Stanford absolutely dissected Bud Foster's stellar defense. We are talking about one of the best defensive minds in football, and those guys were just confused and watched as the Stanford players ran mental circles around them.

"Probably" lose to stanford? Yeah that's why they are #4 winning the orange bowl and we are not in the top 25 and lost 3 of our last 4 games. We coukdn't hold their jock we would be 3 and out with 6 fumbles and 12 penalties. Our d might hold them to 21, but then give up when the o had -100 yards, and 3 pick 6's and two other fumbles set up 14 more points. We lose 56-0

Yeah, "probably" is what I said. Any team can beat any other team on a given day.

I know this is a tired old drum to beat, but I've been aware of several helmet-to-helmet collisions in bowl games this year, and the only one I saw mentioned was in the Nebraska game.

The announcers get a fact sheet about each team, data on trends and notable happenings during the season, and it appears the helmet-to-helmet garbage has found its way onto ours (thanks, Ed Cunningham).

TV (especially ESPN) is ruining college football. It's the beast that eats itself.

And that "helmet to helmet" he was talking about was virtually imposible to see, both players were going down towards the ground, to me it wasn't even close and they kept harping on it. Much like if Bo looks crosswise at an offical, comments are made, but when the opponents coach is jumping on a an offical, nothing gets said.

My Biggest beef right now with college telecasts is the replay, my God they take forever, and on a lot of them the call is pretty obvious. I've come full circle, I would like to see replay done away with. Calls will always be missed, deal with them and move on.