***Official Cocktails, Mixology, and alcohol thread

Havent tried this yet but im going to. Sounds good!

Apple Pie (Bulk) Drink Recipe

Ingredients

* 1 qt. Everclear [ or Golden Grain or 180 Proof Vodka - all work well - just use

a middle shelf vodka] Amount is approx. “90% of a 5thâ€

* 1 gal. Apple Juice

* 1 gal. Cider, apple

* 6 -8 sticks Cinnamon Sticks [or cinnamon powder, or Hot Damn Liqueur]

* 1 cup white sugar, 2 cups brown sugar

Mixing Instructions

Mix apple juice, apple cider, sugar, and cinnamon sticks together while all are getting hot. Boil until cinnamon sticks lose flavor (they will unroll). Remove from heat, let cool. Add Everclear, and stir. Taste. Refrigerate. Add more Everclear if you want it stronger, more sugar if you want it sweeter, or even more cinnamon. Throw it in the fridge and drink when ever you want it.

One of my favorite drinks to make during fall and winter. Use real apple cider and remember to let it cool for a while before adding the Everclear. Depending on my mood I may also throw some regular Vodka in with the Everclear.

I like a wide variety of booze. I usually hop between scotch, whiskey, and tequila for the hard stuff. If i have to mix the aforementioned liquors, I usually go with whiskey/ginger ale....very tasty!

I also love both beer and wine. I feel like I've tried almost every beer out there. Living in Chicago is great for beer snobs. Lots of great beer bars that focus on specialty types. My favorite beers are:

Half Acre Daisy Cutter

DaisyCutter_label_150.jpg

Half Acre Gossamer

_Gossamer-web_150.jpg

Bell's Hopslam Ale

4269135602_b55cf50be6_m.jpg

Bell's Oberon

bells-oberon-pre-08.png

Founders Double Trouble

67360.jpg

I drink mostly red wines. My favorite kinds are pinots, zins, malbecs, and chiantis. I tend to stay away from merlot and shiraz. One of my favorite semi-afforable wine is La Crema's Pinot Noir ($14-$19).

P24084.jpg

Guinness is my beer drink of choice. But I am really starting to like Lucky Bucket 'Certified Evil', which you can find at your local Hy-Vee (though it's expensive and comes in 4-packs) If you are in the Omaha area, Lucky Bucket offers tours where you get glasses of each beer they make, as well as a shot of their Joss Vodka.

I am a Scotch drinker and The Glenlivet is my pour of choice here. The aroma really opens up with a spat of water.

I make wine at home as well...umm..for the wife. ;)

Ingredients

* 1 qt. Everclear [ or Golden Grain or 180 Proof Vodka - all work well - just use

* 1 gal. Apple Juice

* 1 gal. Cider, apple

Mixing Instructions

Mix apple juice, apple cider, sugar, and cinnamon sticks together while all are getting hot. Boil until cinnamon sticks lose flavor (they will unroll). Remove from heat, let cool. Add Everclear, and stir. Taste. Refrigerate. Add more Everclear if you want it stronger, more sugar if you want it sweeter, or even more cinnamon. Throw it in the fridge and drink when ever you want it.

A friend of mine and his fiance made some of this over break. Let me warn, the stuff is DANGEROUS!!! It drinks like juice, and hits like vodka. And the name does not lie, it tastes exactly like apple pie in liquid form.

My favorite cocktail for the last 30 years is, hands down, an Old Fashioned.

How I do it:

Highball glass

1 sugar cube ( unbleached cane sugar if no cubes around)

3 dashes of bitters on top of the cube

small amount of bourbon and 'muddle' ( back of a teaspoon to smash the cube up)

After sugar is completely dissolved, add ice, and bourbon to almost the top of the glass.

Might add orange slice or cherry if they are around.

Bourbon choice now is Maker's Mark.

I like to kick back wearing my narrow tie, watching reruns of the old black and white "Outer Limits".

(Thanks Netflix)

I started drinking these so I could drink along with Mad Men. I have two favorite bourbons: Bakers bourbon and Basil Haydens. They are both incredible smooth and would be a sin to put anything but a splash or two water in!

Ingredients

* 1 gal. Apple Juice

* 1 gal. Cider, apple

Mixing Instructions

I love bourbon drinks, and yet somehow I've never gotten around to the old fashioned. Angostura bitters i trust?

Ingredients

* 1 gal. Apple Juice

* 1 gal. Cider, apple

Mixing Instructions

I love bourbon drinks, and yet somehow I've never gotten around to the old fashioned. Angostura bitters i trust?

You are correct sir.

I have to admit, being a young gun I didn't really have a palate for scotch when I got this Aberlour single malt from a friend. I'm still acquiring the taste, but I am enjoying it more and more by the glass, and I'm starting to pick up on the different flavor notes.

On another note, anyone else here a fan of Cointreau or Grand Marnier? I LOVE me some Cointreau

Beer:

Dos Equis Amber

Blue Moon

Andy Gator

Grey Goose Vodka Bloody Marys. IMO, I make THE best mix but I can't tell you the recipe because I wing it but it always turns out perfect. I will say I hate floates in my Marys and my base is always V8 with fresh squeezed lemon, worsteshire(sp?), garlic salt, some heat-but not too much, pepper- finely ground so you can't see it, and always a pickled asparagus.

Reiseling wine.

Irish Coffees- with Jamison, perfect for cold tailgating days. You do need an hand blender for the froth. And yes you must have froth.