***Official Cocktails, Mixology, and alcohol thread

How to Make Hot Whiskey LINK

• Cut a lemon wheel in half and stud the white pith between the flesh and the peel with 3 or 4 cloves.

• Rinse out a mug or hot-whiskey glass with boiling water to warm it. This is as essential a step with hot drinks as chilling the glass is with cold ones.

• Add 1 tsp demerara sugar or honey and 1 oz or so boiling water.

• Stir until sugar or honey has dissolved.

• Add 2 oz Powers Irish whiskey (Black Bush, Paddy's, and Clontarf single malt are fine substitutes), the lemon slice, and another ounce or so boiling water.

Hot whiskey recipe from Esquire Magazine. It sounds pretty good right about now.

How to Make Hot Whiskey LINK

• Cut a lemon wheel in half and stud the white pith between the flesh and the peel with 3 or 4 cloves.

• Rinse out a mug or hot-whiskey glass with boiling water to warm it. This is as essential a step with hot drinks as chilling the glass is with cold ones.

• Add 1 tsp demerara sugar or honey and 1 oz or so boiling water.

• Stir until sugar or honey has dissolved.

• Add 2 oz Powers Irish whiskey (Black Bush, Paddy's, and Clontarf single malt are fine substitutes), the lemon slice, and another ounce or so boiling water.

Hot whiskey recipe from Esquire Magazine. It sounds pretty good right about now.

Sounds a bit like hot buttered rum, a drink my roommate was making last night. It was heated spiced rum mixed with a butter/brown sugar mixture, and it was a pretty good winter drink. I'll post the recipe when I get it from him.

I'm a big wine fan. I started out drinking heavy tannin-filled reds, but I've since switched my loyalty to whites. I like them dry, so mostly Sauvignon Blanc with the occasional Chardonnay thrown in for good measure. If I'm drinking reds it's still Cabernet, with some Merlot and some Shiraz.

If I'm drinking beer it's typically something pretty light. It's rare that I drink anything darker than an amber. I'm just not into the bitter beers. For "regular" drinking I buy MGD, but sometimes I'll get Lazlo's Chaco Canyon or Heineken.

I dont do many mixed drinks. I make a pretty good Bloody Mary, but doesn't everyone? It's a pretty easy drink to mix. I dig Margaritas, too.

Not so fast my friend. There are BM's and then there is 'The T_O_B-B_M.' I don't share this formula often but for K-nap and the rest of my Husker Board Breathern...

32 oz. Clamato juice

12 oz. Coors/Keystone light

Regular size can of Beef broth

3 shots of Lea and Perrins Worchestershire sauce

8 oz. water

several shakes of celery salt

Lousiana hot sauce to your taste

mix 3 parts mix to 2 parts Vodka/Tequilla

(The Vodka/Tequilla doesn't have to be top shelf as the taste comes mainly from the mix.

Garnish with pickled asparagus.

Serve with scrambled eggs and salsa on the veranda at dawn plus 30.

Enjoy!

T_O_B

:corndance:corndance:cheers:cheers:cheers:corndance:corndance

• Fire 1

I'm a big wine fan. I started out drinking heavy tannin-filled reds, but I've since switched my loyalty to whites. I like them dry, so mostly Sauvignon Blanc with the occasional Chardonnay thrown in for good measure. If I'm drinking reds it's still Cabernet, with some Merlot and some Shiraz.

If I'm drinking beer it's typically something pretty light. It's rare that I drink anything darker than an amber. I'm just not into the bitter beers. For "regular" drinking I buy MGD, but sometimes I'll get Lazlo's Chaco Canyon or Heineken.

I don’t do many mixed drinks. I make a pretty good Bloody Mary, but doesn't everyone? It's a pretty easy drink to mix. I dig Margaritas, too.

Not so fast my friend. There are BM's and then there is 'The T_O_B-B_M.' I don't share this formula often but for K-nap and the rest of my Husker Board Breathern...

32 oz. Clamato juice

12 oz. Coors/Keystone light

Regular size can of Beef broth

3 shots of Lea and Perrins Worchestershire sauce

8 oz. water

several shakes of celery salt

Lousiana hot sauce to your taste

mix 3 parts mix to 2 parts Vodka/Tequilla

(The Vodka/Tequilla doesn't have to be top shelf as the taste comes mainly from the mix.

Garnish with pickled asparagus.

Serve with scrambled eggs and salsa on the veranda at dawn plus 30.

Enjoy!

T_O_B

:corndance:corndance:cheers:cheers:cheers:corndance:corndance

That sounds great, but do you have a recipe that makes more than one bloody mary? :LOLtartar

• 2 weeks later...