***Official Cocktails, Mixology, and alcohol thread

Special Husker Punch (in parts):

1 Light Rum

1 Dark Rum (not spiced)

1 Parrot Bay Pineapple

1 Parrot Bay Coconut

3 OJ (do not get pineapple/oj mix)

3 Pineapple Juice (do not get pineapple/oj mix)

2 Hawaiian Punch

Optional:

1 Sloe Gin and/or .5 Amaretto and/or .5 SOCO (for sweetness and strength)

Splash of grenadine (for sweetness, not necessarily needed)

Poured individually, pour booze over rocks first, then mixers over top, in red cup.

Made batched together, stir all ingredients thoroughly in large gatorade cooler without ice. Keep another cooler with ice and red cups in close proximity.

I just started to brew my own beer and so far I've made an American Wheat, that everyone has seemed to like, and a Hefeweizen that I think is better than the Wheat, but I haven't allowed many to try it yet. I pretty much like anything Leinenkugel's except Fireside Nut Brown, not a fan of really dark beers. I did try a coffee stout from Madhouse Brewing that's located in Newton, IA and actually loved that beer. Love Shiner, Blue Moon, Long Board Lager, Hoegaarden, and several others that I can't recall off hand. I very rarely drink a large companies beer anymore, if I do it's Miller Lite, but I haven't drank it for years.

As far as liquor goes, I usually just stick to Whisky rather than a Brandy. I have a Log Cabin Whisky right now that has maple syrup notes in it, it's great! I've been trying to find some Templeton Rye, but it's almost impossible to find.

Favorite Porter

ANCHOR-PORTER.jpg

Favorite Belgian Beer (and probably favorite overall)

beer_ST._BERNARDUS_ABT_12.jpg

Favorite Brown Ale

third_stone_brown.gif

Favorite Imperial Stout (so many good choices . . . this was difficult)

old-rasp.jpg

Favorite Scotch Ale

great_divide_claymore.jpg

Favorite get drunk/gameday/fishing beer

thumb____busch_lite.jpg

I could go on about beer all day. I tried to limit this list to beers that are relatively easy to find in Lincoln. Some of my favorites are unavailable here. :(

• 1 year later...

Bringing this one back from awhile, as I have recently really been getting into mixology. On that note, I've been trying to find a solid bloody mary mix recipe. My roommates and I have been on a bloody kick lately, they are just so damn good. Do any of you guys make your own or have any "secrets" you can share?

http://www.amazon.com/The-Modern-Mixologist-Contemporary-Cocktails/dp/1572841079/ref=sr_1_sc_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1363782739&sr=8-2-spell&keywords=mixolegy

Buy this book right now. Do not stop, do not think... just buy it. If you have half a brain, the drinks you will serve because of this book will floor you (metaphorically and physically). I bought this for my favorite bartender and the drinks she put out because of it are beyond belief. Simple things like using fresh ice, after you shake a drink, make massive differences in taste, mouth feel, and presentation.

Bringing this one back from awhile, as I have recently really been getting into mixology. On that note, I've been trying to find a solid bloody mary mix recipe. My roommates and I have been on a bloody kick lately, they are just so damn good. Do any of you guys make your own or have any "secrets" you can share?

http://www.amazon.co...ywords=mixolegy

Buy this book right now. Do not stop, do not think... just buy it. If you have half a brain, the drinks you will serve because of this book will floor you (metaphorically and physically). I bought this for my favorite bartender and the drinks she put out because of it are beyond belief. Simple things like using fresh ice, after you shake a drink, make massive differences in taste, mouth feel, and presentation.

Just for you and your crew CTIA:

1 large Clamato juice

1 12 oz can beer (do not use one of the uppity beers, I use Coors Lite)

1 regular can beef brooth

1 can water

4 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce

1 tsp salt

Lousianna Hot Sauce to taste.

In a 10/12 oz glass w/ice cubes pour sauce over 2/3 oz vodka (doesn't have to be top shelf, I use Burnettes) add 1 1/2 tsp horseradish and garnish with a pickeled asparagas. Stir often or the horseradish sinks to the bottom. Try this and you will have a BM for life.

Enjoy,

T_O_B

1 large Clamato juice

1 can water

1 tsp salt

In a 10/12 oz glass w/ice cubes pour sauce over 2/3 oz vodka (doesn't have to be top shelf, I use Burnettes) add 1 1/2 tsp horseradish and garnish with a pickeled asparagas. Stir often or the horseradish sinks to the bottom. Try this and you will have a BM for life.

Enjoy,

T_O_B

It makes you go #2?

• Fire 1

1 large Clamato juice

1 can water

1 tsp salt

Enjoy,

T_O_B

It makes you go #2?

BM for Bloody Mary but yes tomorrow you will poop fire.

T_O_B

• Fire 1