Watson tracker

with Watson interviewing for any job he can do you think Bo has put a deadline on Watson to find another job or your out? To kind of save face. I will back you give you good reviews and help you find a job but if you don't have one by this time you are out.

From what information I can gather he hasn't been given a deadline and won't be. If Wats leaves its by his choice. It was even thought it might be after spring ball but I think everyone wants it sooner than later so Spring Ball wouldn't be wasted if they went a whole new direction with coaches. Thats why beck worked with the QB's. He was a back up plan in case things take a while. If Wats is still here in May he will be for another year. But I don't think anyone wants it that way.

Some people have suggested co-oc's next year but I haven't heard that from anyone close to the program. Its just been people guessing.

So nobody wants Wats to be here past May but if he doesn't find a job then we are just going to let him stay on?! Does that make sense to anyone else? I'm as big of a Bo supporter as there is but good God Bo please grow a pair and get rid of the guy if you want to. If you don't then lock him up so he quits looking.

So nobody wants Wats to be here past May but if he doesn't find a job then we are just going to let him stay on?! Does that make sense to anyone else? I'm as big of a Bo supporter as there is but good God Bo please grow a pair and get rid of the guy if you want to. If you don't then lock him up so he quits looking.

Poor choice of words on my part saying nobody wants it that way. What I should have said is that no one wants it to drag out till may if its going to happen. Bo likes Wats and thinks he's a good coach and has respect for his offensive mind. He's fine with having him on staff as long as he works towards the new offense. Wats just isn't a fan of the new offense and doesn't really care to run it as his first choice of offense.

It would be like having a good manager at a business you just bought. He's experienced and pretty well thought of. A good dependable sort that really isn't ever going to do you any damage and will probably have you breaking even or slowly increasing profits most every year. He just doesn't know if he likes 100% of the direction the company is now going because its different that what he was trained to do. He'll do whats asked but doesn't believe it's right for him 100% because his expertise was moving the company the direction it had been going before. He knows he can be good at it but he'll never be as good as he could have been under the old business plan. He's so loyal to the company he doesn't want to do it damage because he's not sure his talents are what the company needs to go the direction it wants. He knows if he stays he's going to have to give it 100% and he's probably not going to hurt the company but he's certainly going to hold it back some. He's at a cross roads.

Thats Wats. That's life. It happens all the time.

I wouldn't say "nobody wants Wats to stay." Especially on the coaching staff. I think Bo would be happy to have Wats stick around, as would the fan base, if the offense simply played competently. Watson isn't so inept he can't get that done... it just hasn't happened over the past few years.

Success on offense for a season will cover a lot of ills. It's not out of the realm of possibilities that this can happen.

Besides. . .Bo remembers what its like to lose a job when you're not doing a piss poor job. Sure the guy could be better but its not like he's the Cosgrove of offense and killing every program he goes to.

My knock on Wats is that it always takes too long to identify what his teams strengths are and how they're going to win. At CU he always sputtered in the early season against people they should beat and then about game 5 figured out what they could do well and plan the rest of the year around that. That's part of the reason they were usually pretty tough against NU and the big dogs at the end of the season. But it just took too long to get there in my opinion and most of your season was for nothing because had already lost your games early. He just wasn't quick to adjust and identify things. And Hell ... he even admitted it took 2 years of planning to beat us in their "life time achievement game" at CU when they kept us out of the B12 Championship game. NU fans aren't willing to do that because we want a coach who can see things now, this week and during the game. Just like our defensive coaches.

Poor choice of words on my part saying nobody wants it that way. What I should have said is that no one wants it to drag out till may if its going to happen. Bo likes Wats and thinks he's a good coach and has respect for his offensive mind. He's fine with having him on staff as long as he works towards the new offense. Wats just isn't a fan of the new offense and doesn't really care to run it as his first choice of offense.

It would be like having a good manager at a business you just bought. He's experienced and pretty well thought of. A good dependable sort that really isn't ever going to do you any damage and will probably have you breaking even or slowly increasing profits most every year. He just doesn't know if he likes 100% of the direction the company is now going because its different that what he was trained to do. He'll do whats asked but doesn't believe it's right for him 100% because his expertise was moving the company the direction it had been going before. He knows he can be good at it but he'll never be as good as he could have been under the old business plan. He's so loyal to the company he doesn't want to do it damage because he's not sure his talents are what the company needs to go the direction it wants. He knows if he stays he's going to have to give it 100% and he's probably not going to hurt the company but he's certainly going to hold it back some. He's at a cross roads.

This pretty well coincides with what I've heard. It's all Watson's decision. However, I heard that he's leaving regardless because he wants out this bad.

ah, nice analogy, but a little nicer than he deserves....this is the brother in-law of the CEO, he is a great guy, well liked, but gives a half hearted effort trying to follow the President's plan for success, every company has a "Wats" and they eventually have to go, as they get harder to carry every year.

ah, nice analogy, but a little nicer than he deserves....this is the brother in-law of the CEO, he is a great guy, well liked, but gives a half hearted effort trying to follow the President's plan for success, every company has a "Wats" and they eventually have to go, as they get harder to carry every year.

At some point even the 10,000 apologists can't deny repeated dismal (at best) performance. It will end one way or the other.