Watson tracker

Think we need one of these threads, where we follow the latest talk on which job Watson is going after now. First we heard Vandy, then Miami (OH), then Texas State. It appears he will not be back next season with all of these attempts to leave Lincoln, personally I think its the staff's way of removing him without "firing" him and damaging his reputation (Haha).

Anyways it is my understanding that he is not out for the Texas State gig? Is that correct?

But now the rumor is that he could join Shanahan's staff in Washington?

Let's make this the official tracker of the Watson happy trails hopes, because its bugging me flipping back in forth between threads.

I seriously doubt he goes anywhere. Honestly the guy cant get hired at Vandy or Miami (OH) just a year after his name was being thrown around for big name gigs. This guy missed the boat last year when his name was still hot. We will have to end up running his azz.

He's listed back in the running at Texas State but yesterday they had him on the out. I see Dennis pulled out so I imagine he moved back up the list. I think its Long's job to lose. I also think Wats will still be an NFL player personnel guy.

"Texas State: There is a report that Oklahoma defensive ends coach Bobby Jack Wright is interviewing today at Texas State. Apparently, Dennis Franchione has withdrawn his name and the job is down to Rocky Long, Tim Brewster, Shawn Watson, and Bobby Jack Wright."