Watson tracker

Why couldn't we have put this in any of the other 97 threads about Watson?

If there only was a way to combine multiple threads that are slightly related.

The biggest problem is that (some) mods here fail to differentiate between arguments over how much Watson sucks and discussion about his job prospects elsewhere. Look at the Miami(OH) thread as an example. There were a handful of posts relevant to that situation and many pages of posts bitching about or defending Watson, which was totally off topic. I don't mind keeping things merged together to a degree, but lets at least separate Watson angst from Watson's job prospects if possible. It's stupid to have to wade through so much of one to find a few nuggets about the other.

The biggest problem is that (some) mods here fail to differentiate between arguments over how much Watson sucks and discussion about his job prospects elsewhere.

I agree. It would be near impossible to mod every thread that turns into that though. There are TONS of them on here that start off with something not even Watson related in the original post but end up being full of Watson hating. I should know. I've participated in a number of them! lol

Back to topic: Does anyone know if he is even actually interested in the Texas State job???

The biggest problem is that (some) mods here fail to differentiate between arguments over how much Watson sucks and discussion about his job prospects elsewhere. Look at the Miami(OH) thread as an example. There were a handful of posts relevant to that situation and many pages of posts bitching about or defending Watson, which was totally off topic. I don't mind keeping things merged together to a degree, but lets at least separate Watson angst from Watson's job prospects if possible. It's stupid to have to wade through so much of one to find a few nuggets about the other.

You're right, which is why you've probably noticed a lot less thread merging. It makes the forum a mess, but the alternative is just as messy. You can't please everyone, and you can't contain conversation too much or you stifle it. It's a fine line.

The biggest problem is that (some) mods here fail to differentiate between arguments over how much Watson sucks and discussion about his job prospects elsewhere.

I agree. It would be near impossible to mod every thread that turns into that though. There are TONS of them on here that start off with something not even Watson related in the original post but end up being full of Watson hating. I should know. I've participated in a number of them! lol

Back to topic: Does anyone know if he is even actually interested in the Texas State job???

Yes. He's interested in anything that is not Nebraska. Apparently his wife is growing tired of it here and the microscope. She wants out bad and that's part of the push to leave this year.

Yes. He's interested in anything that is not Nebraska. Apparently his wife is growing tired of it here and the microscope. She wants out bad and that's part of the push to leave this year.

He can go to the state of Texas and suck there. There's a lot of colleges in that state, so his wife won't be under the microscope there.

Im sure there is some sort of deadline, because eventually the oc will need to come in and run the show. Now its depends on who the planned next oc is, in determining how long of a time frame watson has to find a job. If it is Beck that is the next oc, as assumed, then watson's deadline is a little more flexible because they don’t have to go out and get a new pc. Also if there are plans to make other changes on the staff, watson's time line will be shortened

He can go to the state of Texas and suck there. There's a lot of colleges in that state, so his wife won't be under the microscope there.

Intentional or not that was hilarious...

with Watson interviewing for any job he can do you think Bo has put a deadline on Watson to find another job or your out? To kind of save face. I will back you give you good reviews and help you find a job but if you don't have one by this time you are out.

It that is the case I really think he'd be better off to have Bo say we are transitioning to an offense different from SW's usual offenses. Bo could always praise the 08 offense and give SW his vote of confidence and they could've had some "experimenting" during the bowl game and Watson actually looks competent right now to other schools.