The 2011 QB Thread

My gut says Martinez would be better suited as a receiver on offense. If he can take the next step hey, I'm all for admitting I'm wrong and having him as a quarterback but right now my mind says teams have pretty much have figured out how to defend him and I don't see him turning into a true threat in the air ever.

If I am wrong I am all for eating my words. Like I said next year is really going to be interesting. Especially if he gets hurt again.

What would your gut be saying if our receivers actually caught passes against Texas, he did not get hurt against Missouri and our O-line actually protected him?

Too bad that didn't happen eh? It still doesn't change the fact that again I think teams have figured out how Nebraska uses Martinez for one and I don't see him turning into Joe Montana passing wise for another. Again I hope for the best for him though. I'm all for seeing just how much he can improve in 2011. Unfortunately the Watson factor does not play into his favor either.

My gut says Martinez would be better suited as a receiver on offense. If he can take the next step hey, I'm all for admitting I'm wrong and having him as a quarterback but right now my mind says teams have pretty much have figured out how to defend him and I don't see him turning into a true threat in the air ever.

If I am wrong I am all for eating my words. Like I said next year is really going to be interesting. Especially if he gets hurt again.

What would your gut be saying if our receivers actually caught passes against Texas, he did not get hurt against Missouri and our O-line actually protected him?

Too bad that didn't happen eh? It still doesn't change the fact that again I think teams have figured out how Nebraska uses Martinez for one and I don't see him turning into Joe Montana passing wise for another. Again I hope for the best for him though. I'm all for seeing just how much he can improve in 2011. Unfortunately the Watson factor does not play into his favor either.

True enough but all the other qbs will have the same....ahem...."advantage" of SW coaching them.

Unless Bo ponies up. Still hoping!

If you get the Omaha World Herald, I'm sure you have seen the article about Taylor being ready for next year. I think his statement shows a lot of maturity, stating how he thinks this year will help him be a better player & person.

If that's the case, I got the kids back. And I think the out looks for next year are looking good, as our whole team will experience a lot of growth.

taylor-martinez-p1.jpg

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) -- Quarterback Taylor Martinez is returning to Nebraska for his sophomore season, and he wants to quash speculation that he's thinking of transferring.

Casey Martinez, Taylor's father, e-mailed a statement to The Associated Press on Wednesday in which Taylor said he's looking forward to "using these past year's experiences and challenges to help me become a better all-around person, football player and leader." LINK

Is this the article in the OWH today? (If so, it's at cnnsi.com too)

taylor-martinez-p1.jpg

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) -- Quarterback Taylor Martinez is returning to Nebraska for his sophomore season, and he wants to quash speculation that he's thinking of transferring.

Casey Martinez, Taylor's father, e-mailed a statement to The Associated Press on Wednesday in which Taylor said he's looking forward to "using these past year's experiences and challenges to help me become a better all-around person, football player and leader." LINK

Is this the article in the OWH today? (If so, it's at cnnsi.com too)

yep!

What I think is odd is that his dad Casey Martinez, was the one who sent the letter to the media. Like what was mentioned on the radio today, it's hard to take a letter personal and serious when it wasn't even written by the person who supposedly wrote it!

How in the $* would you have any idea who wrote it, you have to kidding me with this. His dad sent it, better make some stupid crap up about how didn't write it, get over yourself dude. I fairly sure Taylor wrote it.

What I think is odd is that his dad Casey Martinez, was the one who sent the letter to the media. Like what was mentioned on the radio today, it's hard to take a letter personal and serious when it wasn't even written by the person who supposedly wrote it!

His dad did not write it, instead Taylor sent it through his dad's e-mail if you read carefully.

How in the {:content:}amp;#* would you have any idea who wrote it, you have to kidding me with this. His dad sent it, better make some stupid crap up about how didn't write it, get over yourself dude. I fairly sure Taylor wrote it.

And you are for certain he did?

How in the {:content:}amp;#* would you have any idea who wrote it, you have to kidding me with this. His dad sent it, better make some stupid crap up about how didn't write it, get over yourself dude. I fairly sure Taylor wrote it.

And I can reverse this and ask you...how do you know he didn't write it? Funny how that works, isn't it? May I suggest we take a casual stroll to the smack room?

And so could his friend/mom/coach can't anyone just believe stuff, tell them to send me the password. And I will crush your hopes and dreams.

And I can reverse this and ask you...how do you know he didn't write it? Funny how that works, isn't it? May I suggest we take a casual stroll to the smack room?

And so could his friend/mom/coach can't anyone just believe stuff, tell them to send me the password. And I will crush your hopes and dreams.

LOL ok internet tough guy, whatever you say.