Marlon Lucky

Anyone who thinks that using Lucky as a slot receiver is a slight against the receiving core is rediculus. USC has had more talent at receiver in the past couple of years than Nebraska has had in its history, but Bush managed to find his way onto the field and into the slot. You play you best players, Callahan has been saying it all along, and I for one am happy to see him trying to utilize a guy like Lucky in a way that gets him on the field and makes the most of mismatches. Can you see a safety or a linebacker covering him? Just to let you guys know, Lucky has been running plays out of the slot the whole year as well, Callahan just mentioned using him more out on the edge, and getting him a few more plays.

he belongs in the backfield along with Glenn, where next year, if properly coached and utilized, they should provide some excellent production as running backs........

So are you saying he should play instead of Ross? I don't agree with that if that is what you mean. Ross will get the bulk of the carries so instead of having Lucky on the bench put him out there where he can help the team. Get him on the field anyway possible.

I can't believe people think this is a bad thing. :bang:bang

Thinking outside the box: I have to wonder if Lucky is putting pressure on the coaching staff to get him into the game? I think it is pretty obvious why he hasn't replaced Ross in the backfield. Maybe he's threatening to leave if he doesn't get more playing time. It wouldn't be the first time this has happened. Remember Frazier in 1992?

:wtf:dumdum:bang

I read an article this last week saying that the Husker coaching staff is Consdiering using Marlon Lucky as a Wide reciever,Since lucky did some recieving in Highschool If we can get other kinks worked out it could open up another Big target for the Huskers. Here is the Link to the article on huskerillistrated

http://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=457491

Did not read it that way - said they were going to put him in the slot potentially to get him on the perimeter ( out in space ) Agree with what everyone else has stated

GET HIM IN THE GAME the more touches the better

:cheers

I read an article this last week saying that the Husker coaching staff is Consdiering using Marlon Lucky as a Wide reciever,Since lucky did some recieving in Highschool If we can get other kinks worked out it could open up another Big target for the Huskers.  Here is the Link to the article on huskerillistrated

http://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=457491

Did not read it that way  - said they were going to put him in the slot potentially to get him on the perimeter ( out in space )  Agree with what everyone else has stated

GET HIM IN THE GAME  the more touches the better

:cheers

It would be interesting to get the ball to him on the perimeter quickly, and see what he's got in the open field.

Thinking outside the box: I have to wonder if Lucky is putting pressure on the coaching staff to get him into the game? I think it is pretty obvious why he hasn't replaced Ross in the backfield. Maybe he's threatening to leave if he doesn't get more playing time. It wouldn't be the first time this has happened. Remember Frazier in 1992?

I seriously doubt that! No one person dictates how a game or player is being utilized....

I'm thinking something like a bubble screen or quick slant would be an ideal situation to get the kid the football in some space. Derek Williams - last years #1 recruit according to rivals - had 2 catches for Penn St. last week, one being the game winner. maybe getting Lucky in similar situations would give opposing defenses something more to plan for.

I highly doubt Callahan would put up with anything like that.

I'm thinking something like a bubble screen or quick slant would be an ideal situation to get the kid the football in some space. Derek Williams - last years #1 recruit according to rivals - had 2 catches for Penn St. last week, one being the game winner. maybe getting Lucky in similar situations would give opposing defenses something more to plan for.

Quick slant? Im tired of the quick slant. Lets throw the ball where everybody is at.

How about some screens or dump offs. We ran them last year what about now.

Anyone who thinks that using Lucky as a slot receiver is a slight against the receiving core is rediculus. USC has had more talent at receiver in the past couple of years than Nebraska has had in its history, but Bush managed to find his way onto the field and into the slot. You play you best players, Callahan has been saying it all along, and I for one am happy to see him trying to utilize a guy like Lucky in a way that gets him on the field and makes the most of mismatches. Can you see a safety or a linebacker covering him? Just to let you guys know, Lucky has been running plays out of the slot the whole year as well, Callahan just mentioned using him more out on the edge, and getting him a few more plays.

:yeah