All This BS About Bo Leaving, Time To Come Back To Earth Huskerboard.

As long as Carl stays on the Nebraska staff in Bo's shadow, you will not hear his name involved in any head coaching gig unless it's a much smaller unimportant school. This is why Mike Stoops brother took a lateral move from Arizona to Florida State.

i know im not talking about a big job like michigan, but even with miami ohio or any of those other schools shaun watson was rumored to be a candidate.

If Carl wants to be a head coach, he is going to have to get out from underneath Bo's shadow. Most college AD's don't give him a look because they see it as being Bo's defense that Carl executes. Actually, there's a lot of us Nebraska fans that think the same thing. For Carl to move up, he's going to have to leave Nebraska. However, maybe he has no intentions of moving up and is quite content being a DC.

As long as Carl stays on the Nebraska staff in Bo's shadow, you will not hear his name involved in any head coaching gig unless it's a much smaller unimportant school. This is why Mike Stoops brother took a lateral move from Arizona to Florida State.

i know im not talking about a big job like michigan, but even with miami ohio or any of those other schools shaun watson was rumored to be a candidate.

Watson proactively went after that spot - my guess is Carl hasn't even tried thus far. Carl needs a few more years as a DC regardless. He will have the same stigma attached to him as Bo does - the "loose cannon" thing. He'll play a much larger role w/ the defense in the coming years while Bo takes on the offensive challenges which will help him out.

I am happy Bo shot this one down (imediately) w/ a little more emphasis than the Miami rumor. Makes you realize there probably was more to the Miami story than a lot of people thought.

I won't be worried about Bo leaving unless I hear of Miles accepting the Michigan job. Seriously, what job would you guys take if you were leaving: Miami, Michigan, or LSU? LSU to me is the definite no brainer. Bo's already for the most part rebuilt a team that has fans with unrealistic expectations. Why would he want to start over at Miami and Michigan? LSU is stacked talent wise.

If Ohio State were to need a HC, Bo might be interested...otherwise I don't think he is going anywhere. I also believe that his stock has gone down some since he came to Nebraska. Everyone knows he is a good defensive mind, but he hasn't proven anything on the other side of the ball. If he is to leave and go anywhere, he is going to have to show that he can put together a viable offense that isn't based on one kid and his wheels (Martinez). He is also going to have to take more control with the offense, this experiment of his letting Watson run it hasn't worked worth a hill of beans, and he has shown no leadership in regards to making any changes on that side of the ball. So I think we are pretty safe in saying that he isn't going anywhere at this point, unless we have another season with Watson running the offense and going no where with it, then the masses may start calling for even his head. His future as a head coach at Nebraska is on the clock at this point, no more excuses.

• Fire 1

However, I don't think Miles goes to Michigan. His greatest claim to fame at Okie State was beating OU a couple of times. At LSU, I'd say he's been a step down from the guy he replaced. I don't think Michigan takes a chance on him. Considering Rich Rod has recruited exclusively for the spread, I'd think Michigan would look towards a guy willing to at least run the spread for a while until they get athletes better suited for another offensive style. I don't see Les Miles as a spread guy which would lead to lots and lots of losses the first couple of years.

Ahhh, what? 90-38 record as a head coach. 6-3 in bowls. 62-17 in six season at LSU.

t1_miles.jpg

Coaches meetings are in a few weeks. He may be waiting till then.

I don't think Bo would make LSU's top 3 to be honest. I think they will go:

Gruden

Peterson

Malazhan (spelling)

Why does everybody bring up Gruden for Head Coaching positions in College? Gruden will never coach in college because that would be a huge step down from the Pros. There are NFL teams licking their chops trying to get Gruden to coach their team.

Coaches meetings are in a few weeks. He may be waiting till then.

I don't think Bo would make LSU's top 3 to be honest. I think they will go:

Gruden

Peterson

Malazhan (spelling)

Why does everybody bring up Gruden for Head Coaching positions in College? Gruden will never coach in college because that would be a huge step down from the Pros. There are NFL teams licking their chops trying to get Gruden to coach their team.

Clownahan ring a bell. It's not unheard of for a ex NFL HC to "take a step down" and coach college. Depending on where they were coaching and where they are going to coach college it not a pay cut at all. I think it is plausible for Gruden to be in the LSU talk. Gruden is what a ESPN analysis. Which I guess LSU HC job pays more. I could be wrong though

Clownahan ring a bell. It's not unheard of for a ex NFL HC to "take a step down" and coach college. Depending on where they were coaching and where they are going to coach college it not a pay cut at all. I think it is plausible for Gruden to be in the LSU talk. Gruden is what a ESPN analysis. Which I guess LSU HC job pays more. I could be wrong though

Why did you bring up that clown. I don't seem to recall a single NFL organization going after Clownahan when he was let go from Al Davis's Raiders.

The difference between Billy boy and Gruden is when Gruden was fired their were NFL teams going after him but he decided to take a different direction to the position he is at now. Gruden is still a hot topic in the NFL now where Billy boy was not back in 2004 even after taking the Raiders to the Super Bowl in 02'. Callahan was desperate to land a head coaching position and ended up at Nebraska as our top 3 or 4th choice.

If Miami suppposedly wanted to pay Gruden 4-5 million and with turning down that offer than there is no way Gruden will ever coach in the NCAA.