Which Big 10 team will we get along with most?

Theres been a lot of threads about which teams will be our biggest rivals and who we will develop to dislike the most, but I thought it'd be fun to think up which team we will get along with best.

For the Big 12 I think that the team that we most respected was Oklahoma, and my guess would be OSU for the Big 10.

I think this is because, one we have similar levels of tradition so there is a founding for respect. Two, we are in different divisions and don't play each other every year, making the probability of us hating each other less likely than some of our other Big Ten opponents (ie Iowa, Penn State, Michigan). Three, we will have a common dislike for Michigan.

I could also possibly see Wisconsin as a possibility.

Wisconsin, they play hard nose big guy football like we do and they have a similar fan base, fanatical for the love of there team but also respectful of other teams and there fans. OSU fans im not so sure about...

I would say we have some things in common with them. We are capable of playing very good and playing very poorly.

Wisconsin, they play hard nose big guy football like we do and they have a similar fan base, fanatical for the love of there team but also respectful of other teams and there fans. OSU fans im not so sure about...

Sorry, but wisconsin's fans... little iffy. Not respectful, at all.

raja that.. check out the thread on how they treated TCU fans and their chants during the game.. .sounds like they suck

raja that.. check out the thread on how they treated TCU fans and their chants during the game.. .sounds like they suck

Been to a game at Wisconsin with my cousin, it was disgusting. Student section chanting, LETS GET WASTED, and words Suck our ****. No WIsconsin is NOT who I would compare NEbraska fans too. Youtube it baby.

Theres been a lot of threads about which teams will be our biggest rivals and who we will develop to dislike the most, but I thought it'd be fun to think up which team we will get along with best.

For the Big 12 I think that the team that we most respected was Oklahoma, and my guess would be OSU for the Big 10.

I think this is because, one we have similar levels of tradition so there is a founding for respect. Two, we are in different divisions and don't play each other every year, making the probability of us hating each other less likely than some of our other Big Ten opponents (ie Iowa, Penn State, Michigan). Three, we will have a common dislike for Michigan.

I could also possibly see Wisconsin as a possibility.

I think if we're just talking about football then my choice would be Wisconsin. Barry Alverez (their AD) played for Nebraska so there is that connection. Not all Wisconsin fans are jerks. We have friends who are die hard Badger fans and they are great. I think that the serious Wisconsin fan is just as passionate about football as we are and are knowledgeable about football too. I think Wisconsin.

OSU is probably more like us with regards to overall university philosophy. We'll see.

Been to a game at Wisconsin with my cousin, it was disgusting. Student section chanting, LETS GET WASTED, and words Suck our ****. No WIsconsin is NOT who I would compare NEbraska fans too. Youtube it baby.

This. Wisconsin seems like a nice program and all but their fans are total sh#t. They are open about it too, they don't take cheap shots and throw beer like CU. Wisconsin fans are just openly downright nasty. I would say Iowa, but we don't get along with KSU or Mizzou or CU so I don't see us making nice with another border team. I can't see us getting along with tOSU either, they are effectively the Texas of the Big 10 (with much less control of the conference obv). Perhaps we will form a friendly little rivalry with Michigan or Penn State. (PSU's fans are known to be nasty though too. We'll see)

:rollin Absolutely not. Youtube the video of two Northwestern fans sitting amongst a group of Wisconsin fans and see how those two Northwestern fans were treated. I think there is a link in the Have fun in the Big 10 thread a TCU fan started last week.

Yeah, I definately don't see it being OSU or Wisconsin. EVERY Ohio State fan I've run into since the announcement have been complete d-bags. Wisconsin will be "respected" and liked until we play up there for our first game of conference play and find out how crappy they are.

Penn State maybe? - mainly because we're the two newer teams. I don't know - this is a league where there is little to no respect among teams. We will never respect a Big10 team like we do Oklahoma. I just hope our fans in general don't sink to the level of the Big10 fans. My guess is it will happen eventually. Too bad - the fans and the "away game" experience will be two downfalls of the change IMO. I expect a lot of world herald articles next year discussing what it's like to have piss and beer thrown on you while trying to watch a game.