Do we need a 2011 Top 25 list???

19. Nebraska Cornhuskers There's no question the Cornhuskers are better under coach Bo Pelini than they were under former coach Bill Callahan, but Pelini can't be too excited about the way Nebraska's last season in the Big 12 ended. Nebraska lost three of its last four games, including a 19-7 loss to Washington in the Bridgeport Education Holiday Bowl. The Cornhuskers scored three offensive touchdowns in their four losses this season. Before Nebraska begins its first season in the Big Ten, Pelini has to restore quarterback Taylor Martinez's confidence and replace Roy Helu Jr.'s production. There are also a couple of big losses on defense, with cornerback Prince Amukamara and safety Eric Hagg departing. Nebraska's first Big Ten schedule includes home games against Ohio State, Michigan State and Iowa and road games at Wisconsin and Penn State.

Roy was great, but apparently Rex didn't do anything last year. Schlabach needs to watch more football.

2011 Top 25

I don't think he's snubbing Rex. It's just unreasonable to think that Burkhead will maintain his production from this year, AND replace Roy's production. Rex needs a wingman, and we have no idea who that will be, with Robinson transferring. Could be Aaron Green or Braylon Heard, but I'm not sure either of those guys are as durable as Rex Burkhead was when he was a true freshman.

I think this is an even bigger deal if we're going to have a shot at keeping Martinez healthy all year. We shouldn't be relying on him for 100 yards rushing every game like we were early this year when our offense was cookin'. We should expect one or two big runs from him each game, and other than that the majority of our production should come from our running backs, like what you saw from Oregon and Auburn last night.

roy had a great career but was never an every down back...far from it. injuries plagued him and kept him out of numerous games, including marquee matchups. its fact.

bottom line, we wont miss him at all.

But what we will miss is that second back who can come in and give Rex a breather. One that can still produce running yards while Rex is on the sideline. I really think Green could get a lot of playing time this year as a true freshman.

roy had a great career but was never an every down back...far from it. injuries plagued him and kept him out of numerous games, including marquee matchups. its fact.

bottom line, we wont miss him at all.

But what we will miss is that second back who can come in and give Rex a breather. One that can still produce running yards while Rex is on the sideline. I really think Green could get a lot of playing time this year as a true freshman.

Because of the serious PT that Burkhead got his freshman year, I think we'll see a 3 man rotation at I-back next year with Rex, Aaron Green and Braylon Heard. I think we'll be just fine at running back next year.

I don't think he's snubbing Rex. It's just unreasonable to think that Burkhead will maintain his production from this year, AND replace Roy's production. Rex needs a wingman, and we have no idea who that will be, with Robinson transferring. Could be Aaron Green or Braylon Heard, but I'm not sure either of those guys are as durable as Rex Burkhead was when he was a true freshman.

I think this is an even bigger deal if we're going to have a shot at keeping Martinez healthy all year. We shouldn't be relying on him for 100 yards rushing every game like we were early this year when our offense was cookin'. We should expect one or two big runs from him each game, and other than that the majority of our production should come from our running backs, like what you saw from Oregon and Auburn last night.

Not so much a snub, but that this guy is just another ESPN talking head. I'd give this ass 20 bucks if he'd watched 3 Husker games this past season.

As for Rex needing a "wingman", that would be optimal. If we could get a couple other guys to step up, be reliable, and not give up the rock like Linday Lohan ingests it, then we'll be good.

But the other part of this is, T-Mart needs serious work on his decision making whilst under pressure. Because if he can't deliver the ball, and make good choices, we could have a half dozen guys that can run the ball, it won't mean a hill of beans.

Not sure I would call Rex "durable" during his freshman year, he was out for more than half the season with a foot injury.

OSU- Probably the toughest out of the 3, alot of talent coming back.

MSU- Overrated IMO, Cousins is a good QB but their defense is just awful.

Wiscy- Losing alot of talent. Clay, Watt, Tolzien, Moffitt, Carimi but should be a good game.

We can beat any one of those teams, it all depends on which Nebraska team shows up that Saturday.

Wiscy- Losing alot of talent. Clay, Watt, Tolzien, Moffitt, Carimi but should be a good game.

We can beat any one of those teams, it all depends on which Nebraska team shows up that Saturday.

Can't really give you an unbiased feel about how good my buckeyes are but I expect you to have a TOUGH match up with us.

MSU, They are a Dr. Jekyll Mr. Hyde team. They will either play a very tough run game when their run game is firing on all cylinders and Cousins doesn't have to do too much or Cousins will literally throw you the game with his poor decision making sometimes.

Wisky will just line up and pound it down your throats all day long with the occasional play action pass so your line should definitely bring their party hats to this game

• Fire 1

Can't really give you an unbiased feel about how good my buckeyes are but I expect you to have a TOUGH match up with us.

MSU, They are a Dr. Jekyll Mr. Hyde team. They will either play a very tough run game when their run game is firing on all cylinders and Cousins doesn't have to do too much or Cousins will literally throw you the game with his poor decision making sometimes.

Wisky will just line up and pound it down your throats all day long with the occasional play action pass so your line should definitely bring their party hats to this game

Thanks for the input! :thumbs

Missouri at 16 is a joke. I'll be surprised if they're even ranked at the end of next year. They only lost their QB and best defensive player.

:yeah

Missouri also returns nearly their entire 2 deep, Gabbert is a much bigger loss than Smith. Smith was a great player but MU didnt miss him when he was out this year with an injury and DE is probably the deepest position on the team.

Gabbert hurts, but as someone who knows the team up and down, i would not be suprised at all to see them ranked at the end of the year. Franklin played a decent amount and in nearly every game.

With all that said, preseason rankings are bunk in August. So at this point in January they are just plain stupid