Tate Forcier Needs a Home

I'd love to see Forcier come to Nebraska. I don't get the whole "no thanks, we already have talent coming in" comments... Is it not possible that all of these stud recruits get injured/have terrible o-lines/can't understand simplified playbooks due to their inexperience/[enter excuse for them playing terribly here]? Why not pick up another player at a position that has been a struggle for the past few years? Plus, the kid can throw on the roll-out... That sure would have been nice this year.

The thought of people wanting Tate Forcier to come here brings back those hysterical thoughts of those begging almost for Ron Paulus to come here. It's comical.

As good of an athlete Tate is, 1. his grades are all kinds of screwed up. 2. Alex Henery might have more weight on the kid, 3. those who think Taylor is egotistic, this kid puts him to shame.

He pouted when Dennard was named starter, threatened to quit the team then. His brothers have bounced around colleges when the situations didn't look too promissing. And if anyone needs to see a truw egotrip just go to qbforce.com. The sad thing is his dad is living through the kids.

Hey there's soething else he shares in common with Taaylor, Daddy issues.

You must have missed the memo just like me. Apparently Taylor has already hit his ceiling and will never get any better than he was in the first four games of 2010. He's the only player in the history of football who is, for reasons modern science cannot determine, incapable of getting any better than he is right now.

It's truly a tragedy. If only Shakespeare were alive to write about it. Woe, alas.

Yes, he can get better, but someone has to coach him. Based on the other QBs we have seen under Watson since 2008, can you honestly say any of them have improved? Taylor Martinez actually got worse as the year went on. Yeah, you can blame the injury on this (an excuse that always pops up with this offense...it's a good way to hide short comings), but I find it interesting that there is no other QB that could have come in to take over. Not necessarily replace what Martinez did, but just to be serviceable, move the ball, and put up some points. We all know that didn't happen. Instead, we played a QB that was anywhere from 50 to 80% healthy. Are the other QBs being coached? Is the starter being coached? I have seen other programs who have had an injury at the QB position and while the backup may not be as athletic or talented, they still come in and move the offense and score points.

I guess my point is that while our QBs have the raw talent to be very good (I fully believe this), there has to be a coach in place to convert that raw talent to results on the field. Based upon what I have seen, the Huskers do not currently have such a coach.

I absolutely agree with you. The angle I was going after was, it seems as if some folks are casting Taylor aside in favor of Cody, Carnes, Turner or His Majesty Bubba Christ Tebow, not taking into account the fact that all of those guys are hamstrung by the same coach. If we get a coach that gets more out of his QBs, I think Taylor most definitely will improve enough to maintain the starting position.

*IF* one of those guys is better than Martinez, I'm all for starting them. I'm not bound to Martinez. If Cody can light get it done better, start him. Or Carnes, or Turner or whomever. I was calling for the coaches to give LaTravis Washington a shot this year when it was clear Zac wasn't getting the ball and Cody wasn't effective. I am one of those folks who doesn't care who starts, as long as they're the best guy.