Tate Forcier Needs a Home

:yeah I don't see how Forcier could help anyway, we have young Qb's that should only get better with time and maturity... cough, TMART, cough, cough...

You must have missed the memo just like me. Apparently Taylor has already hit his ceiling and will never get any better than he was in the first four games of 2010. He's the only player in the history of football who is, for reasons modern science cannot determine, incapable of getting any better than he is right now.

It's truly a tragedy. If only Shakespeare were alive to write about it. Woe, alas.

Well I am sure not going to hold my breath on Shawn Watson developing him into a better QB!

No thanks, we have talent at the QB position now and coming in.

Bubba is not coming here. Football will always be there, but multi million dollar contracts won't. He can talk to any of the number of QB's that came back to football after baseball didn't work out. Ask 28 year old Heisman winner Wienke or Weeden at OKSt.

Or he could talk to Darin Erstad about playing football in college then playing professional baseball.

If Bubba's as good at baseball as they say he is, there's no reason why he couldn't do the exact opposite and go to baseball if football doesn't work out. It's possible that once he graduates from college he's faced with the choice of signing a multi-million dollar contract with either the NFL or MLB.

Or he could talk to Darin Erstad about playing football in college then playing professional baseball.

If Bubba's as good at baseball as they say he is, there's no reason why he couldn't do the exact opposite and go to baseball if football doesn't work out. It's possible that once he graduates from college he's faced with the choice of signing a multi-million dollar contract with either the NFL or MLB.

The problem is that Football can ruin your Baseball career. If Bubba is as good as advertised, he'll get plenty of playing time here, meaning plenty of hits, plenty of wear and tear on the body. Erstad was only on the field a few plays every game, and had next to no contact. Bubba may play for Nebraska and survive to play baseball, but it's more likely he just goes on to play baseball and forgoes all the wear and tear on his body.

Bubba is not coming here. Football will always be there, but multi million dollar contracts won't. He can talk to any of the number of QB's that came back to football after baseball didn't work out. Ask 28 year old Heisman winner Wienke or Weeden at OKSt.

We know nothing about Turner. Unfortunately he didn't even play QB in the all star game.

The Wienke/Weeden situation does not play out here with Bubba. Completely different set of skills. Wienke and Weeden were both traditional drop back passers that almost entirely rely on their arms not their legs. Bubba is more of a run first QB. Not saying he can't throw, but he'd have to change his approach as a QB if he is thinking the baseball then football as a fallback plan. 27 year old running QBs aren't really cornering the market.

As far as Turner not playing QB in the Under Armour game. ESPN's recruiting gurus and rankings strictly determine who is playing where. They had Jamal as an athlete so he pretty much had no choice with the other QBs that were at the game. Play WR or find another game. That game is straight owned by the talking heads of ESPN

The problem is that Football can ruin your Baseball career. If Bubba is as good as advertised, he'll get plenty of playing time here, meaning plenty of hits, plenty of wear and tear on the body. Erstad was only on the field a few plays every game, and had next to no contact. Bubba may play for Nebraska and survive to play baseball, but it's more likely he just goes on to play baseball and forgoes all the wear and tear on his body.

Knapp, we've had some disagreements on here, but you put it better than I could have. I'm not even going to get into the comparison of Erstad.

In a few months he will be guaranteed millions. If it doesn't work out, he will be able to go do whatever he wants. It really doesn't matter what style of QB you are. If you can play, someone will take you.

He could play football 1-4 years and the baseball opportunities may/may not be there when it is all said and done.

You can believe whatever you want to believe about what decision he is going to make(I can't argue that), but if he comes here he is taking a significant financial risk...that's a fact. I happen to believe he would also be limiting his opportunities in the future, but I'm sure that will get torched too.

You must have missed the memo just like me. Apparently Taylor has already hit his ceiling and will never get any better than he was in the first four games of 2010. He's the only player in the history of football who is, for reasons modern science cannot determine, incapable of getting any better than he is right now.

It's truly a tragedy. If only Shakespeare were alive to write about it. Woe, alas.

Yes, he can get better, but someone has to coach him. Based on the other QBs we have seen under Watson since 2008, can you honestly say any of them have improved? Taylor Martinez actually got worse as the year went on. Yeah, you can blame the injury on this (an excuse that always pops up with this offense...it's a good way to hide short comings), but I find it interesting that there is no other QB that could have come in to take over. Not necessarily replace what Martinez did, but just to be serviceable, move the ball, and put up some points. We all know that didn't happen. Instead, we played a QB that was anywhere from 50 to 80% healthy. Are the other QBs being coached? Is the starter being coached? I have seen other programs who have had an injury at the QB position and while the backup may not be as athletic or talented, they still come in and move the offense and score points.

I guess my point is that while our QBs have the raw talent to be very good (I fully believe this), there has to be a coach in place to convert that raw talent to results on the field. Based upon what I have seen, the Huskers do not currently have such a coach.

Sounds like Forcier has some flaws. His academics are poor and consequently rode the pine last year. Not sure how much eligibility he has left but it may be only 2 years. I see him ending up at a program with softer academic standards and less visibility than either Michigan or Nebraska has traditionally had.

T_O_B

:throwdabones1::bonesflag::throwdabones1:

We know nothing about Turner. Unfortunately he didn't even play QB in the all star game.

The Wienke/Weeden situation does not play out here with Bubba. Completely different set of skills. Wienke and Weeden were both traditional drop back passers that almost entirely rely on their arms not their legs. Bubba is more of a run first QB. Not saying he can't throw, but he'd have to change his approach as a QB if he is thinking the baseball then football as a fallback plan. 27 year old running QBs aren't really cornering the market.

As far as Turner not playing QB in the Under Armour game. ESPN's recruiting gurus and rankings strictly determine who is playing where. They had Jamal as an athlete so he pretty much had no choice with the other QBs that were at the game. Play WR or find another game. That game is straight owned by the talking heads of ESPN

This could quite possibly be your best post Paul.

We have talent coming in at QB. I don't know about Bubba, but it is looking a lot better than it did in August. I am still thinking he plays baseball, but what if he has a bad baseball season and he drops out of the first round entirely? Does he give college a try? Who knows? A lot can happen and we will not know anything for sure for awhile. I really hope that he makes it here because he could be our offense's Burton from Florida. He could play WR, QB, TE, Slot, anything. He would create match-up problems anywhere.

We have too many QB's on scholarship as it is. Forcier will not be receiving any calls from Lincoln.

People are missing Cody Green in this whole equation as well. He certainly is not out of any QB discussions. And to think, people were telling him to transfer. Now he is in the thick of things to be the first Big Ten QB at Nebraska.

What about Charlie Ward???

I might be seeing Bubba next year at the Stadium when the rosters expand to 40 guys.

Either way, if Tate shows up here, he'd have to do a ton to distinguish himself from the rest of the pack