Big Ten on a losing streak?

I'm real excited about Nebraska going into the Big Ten next year, I can't wait, but.....

It seems like they're getting a bunch of things wrong.

- Even though I think the divisions are fine the way they are now, I still think it would have been better to just have a geographical East-West split.

- Since they were so set on making the divisions equally competitive, you'd think they would have made the schedules a little more fair/even, (alternating Wisconsin and Ohio State) - this one is the biggest deal to me.

- Ohio State and Michigan playing the last game of the regular season, I know it is tradition but, if you are going to have a Championship Game the cross-divisional games should be played early to mid season then have the in-division games in the second half of the season(this would make the games have more of a playoff feel to them, they'd be a lot more meaningful. Those final games of the regular season could decide who goes to the CCG.

- Legends and Leaders is just plain cheesy! You'd think they could come up with something a little better. The fact that they decided to go through it and test it out for this season baffles me.

I don't mean to pick, but just some things I'm thinking about in the off season.

GBR!!!

i'm fine w/ the splits - ultimately it doesn't matter since we'll be playing 9 of the 11 Big10 teams shortly anyway.

Hearing people continue to whine about the names is getting old IMO. You can start back up again towards the end of the season, but I beg you to give it a rest at least through the summer. I know there's not much to talk about, but come on - in the big picture does it really matter?

since it's not divisional wins/losses (like NFL) but instead conference wins/losses the last games of the season will still impact who goes to the CCG in a very similar way. While it might be nice to have some of those tie-breaker games late, ultimately it wouldn't make a huge difference very often anyway. Iowa may be up now, but Michigan will be up in a few years, or Penn State later. You can't rotate the schedules every year depending on who is up and who is down.

It is really hard to divide the conference based on competitive balance when things change so quickly. When the Big 12 was first formed, the North was definitely the power division. Nebraska, Colorado, and Kansas State were playing very solid football. Texas and OU were both down, with no program in the south being a consistent force.

We will do good in the big ten. We should be at least the 3rd best team in the conference, if not better

Which is about where we are in the Big 12?

Yup, but we probably would have continued to remain around 3rd in the 12. We're going in as 3rd (I'd say 2nd), operating a football team on about 60% of the funds other Big10 schools spend. Give it time (and money).

I don't see Wisconsin consistently staying up. They're a 9-4 team most years. While we're certainly 3rd behind them currently, in the large picture I'd say we're firmly in 2nd.

We will do good in the big ten. We should be at least the 3rd best team in the conference, if not better

Yup, but we probably would have continued to remain around 3rd in the 12. We're going in as 3rd (I'd say 2nd), operating a football team on about 60% of the funds other Big10 schools spend. Give it time (and money).

I don't see Wisconsin consistently staying up. They're a 9-4 team most years. While we're certainly 3rd behind them currently, in the large picture I'd say we're firmly in 2nd.

Third in the B12, but several of those years included the worst down cycle we’ve had in half a century. Would NU be 3rd if the Big 12 had been formed in 1990?

I think NU is generally on an upswing. Teams like TT, aTm, Okie Lite, K. State and Mizzou will be back under the heel of our boot where they belong. And I think if we'd stayed in the Big 12 we would begin beating OU and Tejas on a regular basis as well. /jmho

Third in the B12, but several of those years included the worst down cycle we’ve had in half a century. Would NU be 3rd if the Big 12 had been formed in 1990?

I think NU is generally on an upswing. Teams like TT, aTm, Okie Lite, K. State and Mizzou will be back under the heel of our boot where they belong. And I think if we'd stayed in the Big 12 we would begin beating OU and Tejas on a regular basis as well. /jmho

That's some damn good points. You gotta figure we'll get a decent offense one way or the other sometime soon. When we do, we're gonna rip the Big10 apart.