I'm officially not worried about our offense next year

I'm officialy worried about the offense next year due to the fact that some of us have already forgotten what a disaster this offense has been the last two years. I'm convinced that previous behavior is an indicator of future results and judging by Shawn Watsons career this doesnt bode well for us. SW is trying to run an offense he knows nothing about. Only making things worse is the imbisules that we have for an Oline and WR coach and things are never going to get better. Its funny to see how fast people put their heads in the sand. Now I know why this country is in the mess that is, but thats for a different thread.

What are you talking about? This offense was rated like #30 in the nation in scoring offense. We put up HUGE numbers until Taylor got hurt. Remember those classic offensive showcases against high powered defenses such as Idaho, K State, and UW (well, once).

:sarcasm

I'm officially, pretty freakin' worried about our offense next year. Not, Hindenburg worried, but more like Guns N'Roses Chinese Democracy worried.

Seriously how can you not be worried if nothing has really changed since the seconds were ticking off the clock at the dumpster fire that was the Holiday Bowl. We've got the same OC, same QB and same O line.

Unless the OC can sprinkle some fairy dust on this offense, we're going to be just about where we are, a year from now. We'll obliterate the poor bastards on our non-conference schedule, but when we get to our in conference games, we'll be in for a rude suprise.

I am very worried about our offense. The OL can't block, the WR's cant catch, the QB cant stay in the game longer than 2 quarters, and we have a HUGE hole at RB. Take those problems and sprinkle on some Watson play calling and horrible coaching, and you have the recipe for DISASTER!

Buckle up Husker fans, this Big 10 trip is going to be a bumpy one!!!!

I have to say that I agree with the OP. We haven't had an offensive identity for any consecutive years since Pelini took over. This next year might break that trend with us focussing on the zone-read for a second year in a row. Our offense will be in year two running this scheme and should be able to understand more of it then they did this last year. With being more comfortable with the scheme, our offense should be able to implement more, making us more effective.

I have to say that I agree with the OP. We haven't had an offensive identity for any consecutive years since Pelini took over. This next year might break that trend with us focussing on the zone-read for a second year in a row. Our offense will be in year two running this scheme and should be able to understand more of it then they did this last year. With being more comfortable with the scheme, our offense should be able to implement more, making us more effective.

While i would normally agree with you it's just that we don't have depth yet for all positions especially qb.

I my self am terrified of our offense next yr. We have no proven leader or leadership. We have no stand out consistent qb or qb play. We don't know how to call plays like screens or short slants to take pressure off qbs. We can't run block consistently. We can't pass block consistently. We cant hold on to the football consistently. We can't catch consistently. We have one....1 Rb with experience returning and although he is currently the baddest man on the field and a stud, fact is we are one injury away from starting a true freshman. We play a tough schedule and we are in a new unfamiliar conference and unfamiliar venues. I'm terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought.

While i would normally agree with you it's just that we don't have depth yet for all positions especially qb.

If thats the case, then depth would be a problem no matter what scheme we run.

People are basing next years offense off of this years offense and that shouldn't be done. Yes, we had a rough year or half year on offense, but look at what we were doing and who we had playing. It was our first year in a new scheme with a new QB. Some people can't see that or chose not to look at it that way. I want to think that we will be better next year just based off the fact that we will be in year two of this offense along with a QB that will have a year under his belt running this offense.

People are basing next years offense off of this years offense and that shouldn't be done. Yes, we had a rough year or half year on offense, but look at what we were doing and who we had playing. It was our first year in a new scheme with a new QB. Some people can't see that or chose not to look at it that way. I want to think that we will be better next year just based off the fact that we will be in year two of this offense along with a QB that will have a year under his belt running this offense.

I cannot agree. I'd argue that the actual results on the field are the BEST indicator of what our offense will look like in the near future. "New scheme" overstates things. We've had the same offensive coaches for 3 years and quite frankly, their production has been offensive. (Sorry for the pun, couldn't resist.)

Next year will be more of the same. So will the year after. And the year after. And so on until Watson/Gilmore/Cotton moves on to a different pasture.

I cannot agree. I'd argue that the actual results on the field are the BEST indicator of what our offense will look like in the near future. "New scheme" overstates things. We've had the same offensive coaches for 3 years and quite frankly, their production has been offensive. (Sorry for the pun, couldn't resist.)

Next year will be more of the same. So will the year after. And the year after. And so on until Watson/Gilmore/Cotton moves on to a different pasture.

agree, we will enjoy some success against the doormat teams....against the tougher opponents we will look a lot like we did in our last 4 games of the last season....i have little confidence in wholesale improvement.

One reason I am not as worried is due to the fact that we are going to be the fastest team on both sides of the ball in the Big 10. Ohio State may be close but no one else. Granted I am assuming that Watson will be able to leverage that speed and create a gameplan around that. Seeing our focus on recruiting with OL it seems that they are doing a great job of making sure we have a pipeline up front to be able to provide holes for our skill position players. Also a focus on getting LB's as I see us moving away from the Peso to some extent. My biggest concern is our D-Line going up against the behemoths of the Big Ten and our lack of impact players at WR.

We will win the Legends division and play Ohio State in Indy for the Big Ten title next year.