Man arrested for DUI after leaving hearing for DUI

Man arrested for DUI after leaving hearing for DUI

By CORY MATTESON / Lincoln Journal Star JournalStar.com | Posted: Friday, January 21, 2011 10:32 am

Acting on a hunch, Lincoln Police Officer John Clarke followed William E. Parminter out of court on Thursday.

Parminter was in Lancaster County District Court for a hearing regarding his fourth-offense DUI arrest. Clarke assisted in the May 14 arrest and was prepared to testify in the evidence suppression hearing Thursday, but it was continued, Officer Katie Flood said.

When Parminter, 54, left the hearing at about noon, Clarke walked out of the courthouse and followed him down the street to a Jeep Cherokee he wasn't supposed to be driving, the same Jeep Cherokee he wasn't supposed to be driving when he was stopped on May 14 because his license had been -- and still is -- suspended.

http://journalstar.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/article_b1c9469a-a7fe-5660-bf64-417b46a8f947.html

I knew a girl in college who showed up to her DUI hearing drunk from the night before. The judge called her out on it, had her breathalyzed, and then added a charge of MIP. The judge then asked her how she had gotten to court that day, she replied that she had driven (I admit, I would have lied) so another DUI charge was added (I don't know if this held up because, hey, she mighta taken like 10 shots outside of the courthouse) and she was taken into custody and transported to jail. I can't remember if they were able to finish the initial hearing and sentence her at that point. All I know is that I never saw her again (her parents took her out of school and she went back to Arkansas) and that her dad was a minister...ha.

I knew a girl in college who showed up to her DUI hearing drunk from the night before. The judge called her out on it, had her breathalyzed, and then added a charge of MIP. The judge then asked her how she had gotten to court that day, she replied that she had driven (I admit, I would have lied) so another DUI charge was added (I don't know if this held up because, hey, she mighta taken like 10 shots outside of the courthouse) and she was taken into custody and transported to jail. I can't remember if they were able to finish the initial hearing and sentence her at that point. All I know is that I never saw her again (her parents took her out of school and she went back to Arkansas) and that her dad was a minister...ha.

HAHAHA @Arkansas, that's all I have to say.