I met Tom today :D

Moiraine

My mom used to date his younger brother Jack. My Grandfather (R.I.P.) told him (Jack) to get the hell off of his porch.

When I was 11, we were in Lincoln for my aunt's graduation from Nursing School. My mom and I were walking across the campus, and we run into Dr. Tom. One of the few times in my life, I was completely speechless. He talked to my mom for about 5 minutes, and invited us over. Think I said 5 words the entire time.

There isn't much to this but

a. I'd never met him before and I've wanted to for 20+ years

b. I'm still really hyper so I have to post it :P

I live off campus and I was walking to school and this thin tall older man walked out of a store, but I only saw his back at first so my first thought was "He looks a lot like Tom Osborne." But you don't expect to see him walking around. At least, I don't. So I didn't really think it was him, and I was too scared to say anything in case it was just some random guy. But then I saw his reflection in a shop window and since his profile is easy to recognize I was certain :)

I probably wouldn't have said anything but there was no one within a block of us so it wasn't going to draw a bunch of attention, so I said "Hi, Tom" and he asked me how I was doing :D

Congrats. Your post just got read on 1620AM-- Unsportsmanlike Conduct's Message Board Posting of the Day, not three minutes ago.

Congrats Moraine, just made Unsportsmanlike Conduct's Message Board Post of the Day. It was pretty funny.

Awesome. What'd they say? Or does it just sound funny when it's read out loud? :P. I looked on the website and I don't see a way to listen to stuff that's already been on the air.

It was funny because they raised the pitch of the announcer and it sounded like a giddy pre teen girl reading it. Here is the podcast of the particular segment of the show...It's at the very beginning....Pod Cast