Interestin Article on Bubba Starling

No one should expect him to pass up first round money if thats where he gets drafted. Even if his MLB career doesn't pan out, he can always take the money he gets from his signing bonus and go to school with that, so anyone saying he should get an education is right, but its not like hes going to be passing up the chance for an education, that will always be there. Also, he can always come back and play football if he wants. Look at Brandon Weeden for OSU right now.

I think Bubba is being straight up honest with everyone by saying he doesn't know what he wants to do yet. He can always play baseball for the University of Nebraska as well. If he takes the money and goes to the MLB, more power to him. If he decides to committ and play for the Huskers, more power to him. Right now, he's experiencing a plus-plus conflict:

Nebraska is on one side, baseball and money on the other, both of them are great options, but which does he not want to disappoint?

We'll find out in August (or whenever the draft is held)

He is not coming, never was coming, besides he cannot throw, Martinez is a better thrower at the moment.

Would have to develop and would be no immediate help if he did come.

Isn't he being drafted as a pitcher? If so, how could he possibly be a poor thrower?

From what I've seen on him, I don't think he's being drafted as a pitcher, he's a great athlete and an excellent hitter too. Having a good pitching arm doesn't always equate to being an accurate QB, but it should mean he has the tools to be able to improve. :)

I think it would be awesome if he came to Nebraska but I really don't see him being able to pass up on the money that he would get as a high pick in the MLB draft.

Does anyone know about how much money an 11th pick in the draft would normally be getting?

2009 #11 got a $3.9 million signing bonus on a $1.791 million contract. So he got just over $5.69 million

2010 #11 got a $2 million signing bonus on a 1.791 million contract. So $3.791 million.

What should also be noted is that HS players drafted high typically get more than college players. There are exceptions to that, but it is normally true. Also, how badly a team wants a player can raise that total amount. What is of note with the 2 players numbers above is that the 2009 player was a HS player and the 2010 player was a college sr.