aTm Game

What will the crowd be like today? Will there be a good full crowd, or another 7500? Will they be into the game, or sitting with a 'show me something first' attitude?

I'm predicting JBD will have a breakout game with 6 rebounds. That's right, he'll get 6, call me crazy but I think the 6'11 guy might be able to grab a rebound 6 times.

I'm also hoping if this game comes down to the wire that Doc is able to find something to exploit so this team gets off good shots in the last minute, rather than jacking 3s that don't have a chance.

Finally, I'm hoping NU wins. This is a game they should not win, period. That being said, the nay-sayers don't care. If NU loses, they'll all be saying 'see, you got excited about nothing earlier in the year. they stink.' Those people don't care that aTm is the 13th best team in the nation, they'll be all over the team and those of us that still think they can win a few more games this season. Doc, I understand if you lose this game you still have a chance to win a handful more this season, but some people can't understand that, so please just win and make this easier for those of us that are dumb enough to continue to follow NU hoops through all the terrible seasons, you'd make life so much easier for us.

Ha looks like Diaz didn't have that breakout game. His 16 points were huge but only 5 boards. How pathetic

I just got back, what a hell of a game! I have been to quite a few games over the years, including some sold out kansas games that go late into the game, but let me tell you that was by far the loudest I have heard devaney. Sold out and rocking. I would also like to add that Jeter is an absolute stud. Some of the moves he was pulling in the second half were ridiculous. He is definitely our rock.

On the other hand Diaz was eh, but Almaieda was also injured. Im not sure of the extent but it didnt look good, and it looked like a knee. Well have to see. I have a video of rushing the floor that I will put up later. This team is definitely for real. If we start shooting better we can beat anyone. Our defense is insane.

I still want to know why McCray was sitting on the bench for most of the game

Im not really sure. Myself and the guys around me were pretty convinced that he was in Doc's well known "doghouse." He looked pretty upset and displeased on the sideline most of the game, McCray that is. Idk, but if he was that reluctant to play him than who knows what he would have done if Diaz would have fouled out. But honestly I cant think of once that I remember seeing him on the floor in the second half.

I still want to know why McCray was sitting on the bench for most of the game

Im not really sure. Myself and the guys around me were pretty convinced that he was in Doc's well known "doghouse." He looked pretty upset and displeased on the sideline most of the game, McCray that is. Idk, but if he was that reluctant to play him than who knows what he would have done if Diaz would have fouled out. But honestly I cant think of once that I remember seeing him on the floor in the second half.

That would be so frustrating as a player. Basically what we saw all season last year. Hopefully it doesnt destroy his confidence to much and can respond well against k-state cause we will need him.

I was at the game and I must say it was one of the best games I have ever been to and I don't think we even played our best. I was near the floor and it did not really seem like it was Doc calling the time outs that slowed our momentum. Jeter had to call a couple towards the end there. But I would be curious to see who did call them and when. Do they keep track of that?

As for the topic of Diaz. He may not be what we all want him to be, but I am still glad we have him. He was forced to be more aggressive this game and had a few more rebounds, but nobody can argue with his results on offense. I do hope he continues to improve, even more depending how bad Almedia's ankle is. It was his ankle, he had ice on it when he came back to the bench.

No matter what it was an amazing win for this guys. I love seeing the look on their faces after wins like this. After last season and even the few close games this season, it is great to see hard work rewarded. Congrats and Go Big Red

I missed the game because I went to Blue Man Group concert at Lied Center. I saw halftime score before concert started and was pleasantly surprised to see we won the game after it was over. Didn't expect that after seeing halftime score. Big win for the huskers. Still makes me wonder after winning this game, how the hell did we lose to a bad Texas Tech team.

What gives take the boys to Lost in Fun playland for a birthday party this afternoon, with no TV access that isn't showing a cartoon, and come home to this little nugget. Good win for Doc's crew.

Looking through the box score I see two things that probably helped the outcome. Turnovers. NU finished with 7 an unheard of number for this squad really. Any time you can get that number under 10 you give yourself a great chance for success. FTs. A&M losing this stat 12-6 probably had more of a direct effect on the game. 70% in a big game is not something that we usually see from Doc's team. And it seems to be a bugaboo that slowly is getting better for this team.

NU only lost the rebound battle by 8. Pretty impressive, but can definitely be shored up, especially on the road. No way should Jeter be the leading rebounder. Secondly, 3-15 from beyond the arc will not win you a lot of games. Maybe Bear is getting into a groove and someone else can get hot too down in the Little Crapple.

Again a very good win versus a very good team. The highest ranked opponent to be slain by a Doc led crew. Sounds like Diaz stepped up his offensive aggressiveness, now let's do it on the glass dedhoarse . Hope Almeida's ankle doesn't hamper him long, but I am not so sure it won't. And am very interested what Doc says about Toney.

Good momentum heading to KSU. That team has been kicked a lot this year, hopefully the momentum can be carried into the next game which will be very difficult.

Just wanted to add to the thread. Doc and the boys got some pub at half of the ku ksu game today. Not sure of the guys name but he mentioned we may make the tournament!

Yes it is nice to get the pub, but there is a TON of work to do before thoughts of a NCAA bid come to light. NU's RPI will be it's biggest opponent the rest of the year. A scalp of KU definitely won't hurt, and I think a conference record of 10-6 is a must. That means going 7-3 the rest of the way with games with KU, OSU and Texas at the BOB and a road trip to Waco(a very talented bunch of underachievers).

Remember the last time this team was coming off a quality(at the time) win they layed a complete egg on the road against a team they were capable of beating. Sounds familiar look at this week. Big win, going to Manhatten. The Cats are the biggest bunch of underachievers this year. They are talented, but the suspensions have killed them. They were a mess today against Rock Chalk. Also sound familiar, sounds a lot like Tech. And the injury to Almeida makes this game that much tougher IMO.

I hope for the best but this could just be a token NU team. One big upset at home, something that NU has done before, and then playing close in a ton of games. So again as sweet as the attention was tonight, again I beg fans to take the reality glass and put it back on the table. This week will tell us fans a lot.