Corey Raymond CB coach from Indiana has joined the NU staff.

Let's hope there's no collateral recruiting damage. :mellow:

Unfortunately, this is pretty common. It is especially common with coaches who are asked to stay through signing day to preserve recruits for School A before taking their new job at School B. Not the case with Marvin, but you get the idea.

One thing though - this should be an example of why it is not always good to try to break a story. Recruits read the rumors and hear the stories just as well as anyone. Two days before signing day and everyone wants to talk about 4 of our coaches leaving? :facepalm: Even if the story is 100% correct, no one gains a thing by that leaking out and only potentially hurts us and our recruiting efforts. Imagine how a rival school can use a story like that against us to sway a kid last minute.

• Fire 1

This sounds like a media/PR mess for Bo. Someone didn't coordinate this well with Kevin Wilson.

Announced and out there from the Indiana end, nothing on Nebraska's end, with the explicit stance of no talk about anything but recruits today.

I want to see this presser from Kevin Wilson. Anyone want to track it down and link to it? 1620 is saying that Raymond will coach the secondary at Nebraska.

Exactly. What is Bo gonna do come out and deny it? This will be the first question asked in the teleconference.

And I think Kevin Wilson has no reason to coordinate this with NU. He was probably asked the question and gave the answer. This is blowing up in Bo's face for staying so mum on the situation in my opinion. yes, that can be good during this huge day, but all recruits should know what the situation with the staff is. And I think they all do. Kinda like the saying karma can be a biatch

I think that Kevin should be announcing his coach is gone, if it's the case, but he has no business telling the world what post he is taking at Nebraska. Save that announcement for us to make. At least, Bo could have made that request. In my opinion.

o2cool-mp3-speaker-fan.jpg

This sounds like a media/PR mess for Bo. Someone didn't coordinate this well with Kevin Wilson.

Announced and out there from the Indiana end, nothing on Nebraska's end, with the explicit stance of no talk about anything but recruits today.

I want to see this presser from Kevin Wilson. Anyone want to track it down and link to it? 1620 is saying that Raymond will coach the secondary at Nebraska.

Exactly. What is Bo gonna do come out and deny it? This will be the first question asked in the teleconference.

And I think Kevin Wilson has no reason to coordinate this with NU. He was probably asked the question and gave the answer. This is blowing up in Bo's face for staying so mum on the situation in my opinion. yes, that can be good during this huge day, but all recruits should know what the situation with the staff is. And I think they all do. Kinda like the saying karma can be a biatch

I think that Kevin should be announcing his coach is gone, if it's the case, but he has no business telling the world what post he is taking at Nebraska. Save that announcement for us to make. At least, Bo could have made that request. In my opinion.

o2cool-mp3-speaker-fan.jpg

Could be interesting in a few years if Wilson gets Indiana turned around, between the Big 12 OU\NU links, Ekeler and Raymond? Might be a fun game

Wow, someone had the balls to ask the Corey Raymond question.

And Bo has the BALLS to say he hasn't hired anyone lately or made any staff changes.

Even tried to suggest it has to do with the defensive staff opening (LBs) he's had for a while.

Does Bo not realize what Tom Wilson said? This is starting to get embarrassing.

Wow, someone had the balls to ask the Corey Raymond question.

And Bo has the BALLS to say he hasn't hired anyone lately or made any staff changes.

Even tried to suggest it has to do with the defensive staff opening (LBs) he's had for a while.

Does Bo not realize what Tom Wilson said? This is starting to get embarrassing.

He probably wouldn't know - I'm sure he's had plenty of other things going on.

Just heard from a family friend that is close with the sanders family that he resigned over 2 weeks ago. take it for what it worth.

If true this really sucks, i wonder what made Marvin want t leave?

Bo just told me that there are no coaching changes and that no coaches have been hired. Why would he lie?

Just heard from a family friend that is close with the sanders family that he resigned over 2 weeks ago. take it for what it worth.

If true this really sucks, i wonder what made Marvin want t leave?

Ya idk. Something is going on though. The friend also said that marvin would stay on the payroll for another six months or something like that. I guess i dont understand how u can still get paid from the university if you resign? we will see if he knows what he is talking about soon.