Corey Raymond CB coach from Indiana has joined the NU staff.

So Bo gets himself in trouble AGAIN . . . when it is absolutely unnecessary to do so.

Bo needs to hire someone who can save him from himself.

Exactly. He's like a blind man walking through a mine field, refusing guidance. Boom. Boom. Boom.

Stupid.

i dont agree with this at all. He said he would address it at a later time, i dont see what else he needs to say. Props for the journalists doing there jobs but Bo cant comment on it right now. Its pretty simple. The press confrence was to focus on the recruits and he did as good of job as he could to keep it on track.

It is absurd to pretend that the only thing that should be talked about at this time is the recruiting class, which Bo wasn't even going to get specific with in the first place. We're making major changes to our coaching staff, and Bo wants to pretend we're only doing some mini chit-chat about recruits.

It's like putting a bow on a birthday present when you just cut an artery. Let's address the important things first, huh? And when the cat's out of the bag, DO NOT LIE to us about what's going on.

Bo is making it quite clear that he views his relationship with the press and the fans as a confrontation, not as a cooperative effort. We all have our roles in this thing, and acting like he's doing this alone is completely wrong. Shutting out your shareholders is a pretty poor way to run a public company. That's what Bo is doing. Dumb.

No offense but if you had to deal with idiots like Chatelain on a regualr basis it would become pretty easy to view it as a confrontation. How many times does a guy have to say that he isnt talking about that crap? You will know soon enough, and you will have his words soon enough. You would think as a journalist that understands the importance of a program you would get the hint to lay off and let the news come as it may.

Back to the confrontation aspect of media. Its like how stereotypes and racism is formed, most are a good bunch of people, but it only takes one or two bad apples to run their image and respect for the whole group. I have not witnessed a coach that deals with as much garbage as Bo does. People act like if they dont know news this second that they never will. Yeah were going to have a major coaching shakeup and the only way youll know is when you see them on the sidelines at the first game. Goodness. <_<

So they are idiots for doing their jobs? The question needed to be asked because the situation was already out there. Hell I could care less about the class, because I know more through this board than what Bo would divulge about any recruit. I am sure I am not the only person on this board that wanted this to be addressed. And as reporters you HAVE to ask follow up questions. It is their job, and if they don't they go back to their desk and their boss gets on their ass for not following up. I think Dirk is an asshat a lot but he gets major props for bringing it up. MitchS. does too. Other than Peat picking NU this IS the major storyline of the day

Bo doesnt care that you know more from this board. Fans who dont follow a message board dont. Bo doesnt care that you want to know more than just about recruits. It is what the presser was scheduled to discuss. I understand they have a job to do, but how long have they worked with Bo? It doesnt take a rocket scientist to know that if he diverts once, your better off breaking into the federal reserve. I want this addressed as well. We all do. But you have to understand that Bo probably doesnt have the permission to discuss such things right now.

Doesnt' have permission?!? It is HIS damn hire. I don't think TO went to Indiana to a coach he probably knows little about and coaxed him to leave Hoosier nation and come here. THIS IS ALL ON BO, IT WAS HIS CALL.

And again, this was the biggest news of the day besides Peat signing. So of course it NEEDS to be reported, and to do that you HAVE to ask the questions that will probably make Bo butthurt, but guess what, he made the hire

Whoa there caps, calm down. I understand that. But Bo doesnt pay Mr. Raymonds salary. The athletic department does. Do they have the right to tell Bo he cannot divulge on the hire if there are still some loose ends? You bet.

I'll be confident in any decisions Bo makes about his staff. The guy wants to win, and he's going to bring in people that will help him win. I hardly feel the need to even act skeptical of his decisions when it comes to his staff.

As far as how he handled this situation... maybe we'll see down the road the reasoning behind it, or at least gain a little perspective or understanding... But it's signing day, you've got all the letters of intent signed, you've got your recruiting class. If you've got a bunch of staff changes, just release a statement about them before the teleconference, and then if anybody asks about it simply refer them to the statement and call it a day. It's that easy.

This is just amateur hour, though.

So Bo gets himself in trouble AGAIN . . . when it is absolutely unnecessary to do so.

Exactly. He's like a blind man walking through a mine field, refusing guidance. Boom. Boom. Boom.

Stupid.

i dont agree with this at all. He said he would address it at a later time, i dont see what else he needs to say. Props for the journalists doing there jobs but Bo cant comment on it right now. Its pretty simple. The press confrence was to focus on the recruits and he did as good of job as he could to keep it on track.

It is absurd to pretend that the only thing that should be talked about at this time is the recruiting class, which Bo wasn't even going to get specific with in the first place. We're making major changes to our coaching staff, and Bo wants to pretend we're only doing some mini chit-chat about recruits.

It's like putting a bow on a birthday present when you just cut an artery. Let's address the important things first, huh? And when the cat's out of the bag, DO NOT LIE to us about what's going on.

Bo is making it quite clear that he views his relationship with the press and the fans as a confrontation, not as a cooperative effort. We all have our roles in this thing, and acting like he's doing this alone is completely wrong. Shutting out your shareholders is a pretty poor way to run a public company. That's what Bo is doing. Dumb.

No offense but if you had to deal with idiots like Chatelain on a regualr basis it would become pretty easy to view it as a confrontation. How many times does a guy have to say that he isnt talking about that crap? You will know soon enough, and you will have his words soon enough. You would think as a journalist that understands the importance of a program you would get the hint to lay off and let the news come as it may.

Back to the confrontation aspect of media. Its like how stereotypes and racism is formed, most are a good bunch of people, but it only takes one or two bad apples to run their image and respect for the whole group. I have not witnessed a coach that deals with as much garbage as Bo does. People act like if they dont know news this second that they never will. Yeah were going to have a major coaching shakeup and the only way youll know is when you see them on the sidelines at the first game. Goodness. <_<

So they are idiots for doing their jobs? The question needed to be asked because the situation was already out there. Hell I could care less about the class, because I know more through this board than what Bo would divulge about any recruit. I am sure I am not the only person on this board that wanted this to be addressed. And as reporters you HAVE to ask follow up questions. It is their job, and if they don't they go back to their desk and their boss gets on their ass for not following up. I think Dirk is an asshat a lot but he gets major props for bringing it up. MitchS. does too. Other than Peat picking NU this IS the major storyline of the day

Bo doesnt care that you know more from this board. Fans who dont follow a message board dont. Bo doesnt care that you want to know more than just about recruits. It is what the presser was scheduled to discuss. I understand they have a job to do, but how long have they worked with Bo? It doesnt take a rocket scientist to know that if he diverts once, your better off breaking into the federal reserve. I want this addressed as well. We all do. But you have to understand that Bo probably doesnt have the permission to discuss such things right now.

Doesnt' have permission?!? It is HIS damn hire. I don't think TO went to Indiana to a coach he probably knows little about and coaxed him to leave Hoosier nation and come here. THIS IS ALL ON BO, IT WAS HIS CALL.

And again, this was the biggest news of the day besides Peat signing. So of course it NEEDS to be reported, and to do that you HAVE to ask the questions that will probably make Bo butthurt, but guess what, he made the hire

Whoa there caps, calm down. I understand that. But Bo doesnt pay Mr. Raymonds salary. The athletic department does. Do they have the right to tell Bo he cannot divulge on the hire if there are still some loose ends? You bet.

ANd who does more to pay that salary? Oh yeah the fans. So as knapplc's analogy of a corporate shareholders goes, we as those shareholders probably deserve to know. Right?

Stupid.

Exactly. I owe ya a +1 sometime, as I am all out. Why are some people struggling to see this

People see things differently. I may say a color is purple and you may call it blue. It doesn't do any good to try to force me to think it's blue.

It's not the fact of how people see things it goes back to denying this vs a no comment. A lot of posters, including many of the most respected, agree on this point. If you don't want to address it just say no comment. By denying something that has already been put out by Raymond's boss(Wilson) makes you look very foolish. You can say no comment to every question and come out looking like you have more integrity then calling out another head coach as a liar. He did it the first time it was broached, but then couldn't help but stick his foot in his mouth. Again Bo's handling of the situation warrants a :facepalm:

knapplc's example of shareholders is perfect. As the CEO, when you know your company is tanking do you sit their and lie to your main backers? No. Hecould have did better by just always saying two words instead of trying to refute what has been made known.

At what point did Bo say "No, Corey Raymond has not been hired and will not be hired on here at Nebraska."? He didn't. Like I said earlier, he chose his words carefully. I'll agree with you that he should have went the no comment route, but he didn't and now the all knowing Jedi/MENSA/Rhodes Scholar Husker fans are quick to crucify him.

I'm not trying to be a dick here, I'm just saying what I feel. You've interpreted his words in a way which I haven't.

Im interpreting them the same as you. I think alot of its his personality which i think i can relate too and alot of people cant, apparently. He probably reads chit like this and says to himself..why does everyone think im mad. If they think im mad at little presser they should see me when i really get mad. Hes trying to be nice but hes so straight forward and tell you how it is he SEEMS like hes mad when really hes it just his personality. Get used to it.

I would react the same way if i had to answer 100 questions after i have said, im not going to talk about. Hes not mad people, you wouldnt want to see him mad. I really think its just part of who he is.

I have to throw in my two cents here. I don't post often, but have been cruising the board for years. The information and collective Husker knowlege on this board astounds me. I am very greatful to all of your informative views and news on the Huskers. It has gotten me through many long days.

That being said, some of you are being completely assinine about the press conference today. The world herald itself stated at some point during the day that the presser would be to discuss the recruits and no other topic. Seems to me that was the biggest pre-emptive "NO COMMENT" that could be issued. The fact that after publishing that themselves the reporters still asked the question does not suprise me. However to harp on it over and over after being told nothing else would be discussed was in my opinion completely disrespectful to Bo's or whoever's decision it was not to comment on anything else. I also get visibly upset when my wishes are willingly and blatantly disrespected. Do you not?

In addition I agree 120% that nothing other than the recruits should have been discussed today. This is national signing day, a day that these kids have worked most of thier lives for, a day when all of thier hard work and sacrifices have paid off and they get their reward. Today is their day. It would be wrong and disrespectful to them to steal their thunder by announcing coaching changes on their day. What a way to get things started on the right foot with new recruits, show them that they come 2nd to the program to coaching changes.

I crave information on the Huskers like Charlie Sheen craves hookers and coke, but come on guys. You're robbing our newest family members (the recruits) from their day of celebration. Let it go!

• Fire 6

Stupid.

ANd who does more to pay that salary? Oh yeah the fans. So as knapplc's analogy of a corporate shareholders goes, we as those shareholders probably deserve to know. Right?

Yes, thats correct. And you will know, just breathe a bit. People act like this the last presser of the season. If I am correct about the AD wanting to wait, they will announce it when they are ready. If you still have a problem with that then you might want to make friends with Tom and become an insider.

Stupid.

Is this going to keep you from going to games then? That's assuming you go to games often which I have no clue if you do. As a shareholder you're more than welcome to sell your shares at any point. Someone else would be happy to pick them up.

A bit back on the topic of Corey Raymond now.

The 1620 guys were skeptical of his experience, but they were thinking he would be LBs coach and noting he's never coached linebackers before.

Raymond is highly recommended as a secondary coach by Bo himself, and is supposed to be a fantastic technician for DBs. And he will be working under Bo, one of the best with DBs and someone who is familiar with him. I am encouraged by this hire, both from a coaching and a recruiting standpoint. Welcome Coach Corey.

I am very excited about this guy. As much as I will miss Sanders, he never was a great recruiter. Corey Raymond sounds like a great coach and great recruiter.

Sanders wasn't really a great recruiter? really?? Ya might want to go check out our recruiting commitment list for the past 3 years and pay attention to the DB's Sanders was responsible for getting in here to Nebraska!

I didn't say that he isn't good at developing talent. But looking back at it, he has about one good recruit a year. Last year it was Corey Cooper who is rumored to quite football and focus on baseball. Then you have Dijon Washington who I don't think has seen the field yet. And finnally you have David Whitmore, who if I'm not mistaken, is no longer on the team. So yes, I stand by what I said. Sanders is not a very good recruiter.

I have to throw in my two cents here. I don't post often, but have been cruising the board for years. The information and collective Husker knowlege on this board astounds me. I am very greatful to all of your informative views and news on the Huskers. It has gotten me through many long days.

That being said, some of you are being completely assinine about the press conference today. The world herald itself stated at some point during the day that the presser would be to discuss the recruits and no other topic. Seems to me that was the biggest pre-emptive "NO COMMENT" that could be issued. The fact that after publishing that themselves the reporters still asked the question does not suprise me. However to harp on it over and over after being told nothing else would be discussed was in my opinion completely disrespectful to Bo's or whoever's decision it was not to comment on anything else. I also get visibly upset when my wishes are willingly and blatantly disrespected. Do you not? In addition I agree 120% that nothing other than the recruits should have been discussed today. This is national signing day, a day that these kids have worked most of thier lives for, a day when all of thier hard work and sacrifices have paid off and they get their reward. Today is their day. It would be wrong and disrespectful to them to steal their thunder by announcing coaching changes on their day. What a way to get things started on the right foot with new recruits, show them that they come 2nd to the program to coaching changes.

I crave information on the Huskers like Charlie Sheen craves hookers and coke, but come on guys. You're robbing our newest family members (the recruits) from their day of celebration. Let it go!

:yeah

That being said, some of you are being completely assinine about the press conference today. The world herald itself stated at some point during the day that the presser would be to discuss the recruits and no other topic. Seems to me that was the biggest pre-emptive "NO COMMENT" that could be issued. The fact that after publishing that themselves the reporters still asked the question does not suprise me. However to harp on it over and over after being told nothing else would be discussed was in my opinion completely disrespectful to Bo's or whoever's decision it was not to comment on anything else. I also get visibly upset when my wishes are willingly and blatantly disrespected. Do you not?

In addition I agree 120% that nothing other than the recruits should have been discussed today. This is national signing day, a day that these kids have worked most of thier lives for, a day when all of thier hard work and sacrifices have paid off and they get their reward. Today is their day. It would be wrong and disrespectful to them to steal their thunder by announcing coaching changes on their day. What a way to get things started on the right foot with new recruits, show them that they come 2nd to the program to coaching changes.

The post was pretty good, the Charlie Sheen reference made it for me. :lol:

Is this going to keep you from going to games then? That's assuming you go to games often which I have no clue if you do. As a shareholder you're more than welcome to sell your shares at any point. Someone else would be happy to pick them up.

You know who else thought that way? Bill Callahan. And we rode that guy out of here on a rail.

Callahan fell victim to one of the classic blunders - the most famous of which is, "Never get involved in a land war in Asia," but only slightly less well-known is, "Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line." Only slightly less well-known than that one is this one, "Never piss off the Nebraska fan base."

How much longer do you really think Bo is going to get away with his behavior of the past year? Think about it.

• Fire 2