Corey Raymond CB coach from Indiana has joined the NU staff.

A bit back on the topic of Corey Raymond now.

The 1620 guys were skeptical of his experience, but they were thinking he would be LBs coach and noting he's never coached linebackers before.

Raymond is highly recommended as a secondary coach by Bo himself, and is supposed to be a fantastic technician for DBs. And he will be working under Bo, one of the best with DBs and someone who is familiar with him. I am encouraged by this hire, both from a coaching and a recruiting standpoint. Welcome Coach Corey.

There are two reasons why I am not going to be overly critical of this hire:

1) Nobody seems to know the details surrounding Sanders' departure.

2) Even though Raymond was an intern while at LSU, maybe Bo could see that he had the talent to coach, first hand.

However, with that being said, I do remember watching a local Huskers TV segment (I wish I could remember which one) in which Bo claims that Barney Cotton is "one of the best in the nation." So I'll take Bo's opinion with a grain of skepticism... He does know defense. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Yes, thats correct. And you will know, just breathe a bit. People act like this the last presser of the season. If I am correct about the AD wanting to wait, they will announce it when they are ready. If you still have a problem with that then you might want to make friends with Tom and become an insider.

Yes I am sure it will come out. But what the problem was it has been broke. It was presented to Bo. Bo denied it. This whole thing started as to how he handled it. Again if he just says no comment, it is over and we are not having this talk. But it wasn't, that is what many of us have the stance we have. Then you among others go off on the media for doing their jobs. Like I said if this wasn't a big story it wouldn't be dominating all media right now instead of celebrating the recruits NU was fortunate enough to snag. Yes guide lines were attempted to be set at the conference but everyone and their dog knew it was gonna be brought up.

We could go in circles all night over this. You have your thoughts, and as much as I have argued with ya I do respect them. It is what it is though and it is something that we could beat each other over the head all night and get no where.

ANd who does more to pay that salary? Oh yeah the fans. So as knapplc's analogy of a corporate shareholders goes, we as those shareholders probably deserve to know. Right?
Is this going to keep you from going to games then? That's assuming you go to games often which I have no clue if you do. As a shareholder you're more than welcome to sell your shares at any point. Someone else would be happy to pick them up.

You know who else thought that way? Bill Callahan. And we rode that guy out of here on a rail.

Callahan fell victim to one of the classic blunders - the most famous of which is, "Never get involved in a land war in Asia," but only slightly less well-known is, "Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line." Only slightly less well-known than that one is this one, "Never piss off the Nebraska fan base."

How much longer do you really think Bo is going to get away with his behavior of the past year? Think about it.

This post was in regard to the athletic department, not Bo. So unless a pissed off Husker nation is going to revolt against its own establishment, then I dont get where youre going with it.

ANd who does more to pay that salary? Oh yeah the fans. So as knapplc's analogy of a corporate shareholders goes, we as those shareholders probably deserve to know. Right?
Is this going to keep you from going to games then? That's assuming you go to games often which I have no clue if you do. As a shareholder you're more than welcome to sell your shares at any point. Someone else would be happy to pick them up.

You know who else thought that way? Bill Callahan. And we rode that guy out of here on a rail.

Callahan fell victim to one of the classic blunders - the most famous of which is, "Never get involved in a land war in Asia," but only slightly less well-known is, "Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line." Only slightly less well-known than that one is this one, "Never piss off the Nebraska fan base."

How much longer do you really think Bo is going to get away with his behavior of the past year? Think about it.

i agree, but Bo just doesn't care..and i don't think very many folks here thought he would be that way..but he is.

No offense but if you had to deal with idiots like Chatelain on a regualr basis it would become pretty easy to view it as a confrontation. How many times does a guy have to say that he isnt talking about that crap? You will know soon enough, and you will have his words soon enough. You would think as a journalist that understands the importance of a program you would get the hint to lay off and let the news come as it may.

Back to the confrontation aspect of media. Its like how stereotypes and racism is formed, most are a good bunch of people, but it only takes one or two bad apples to run their image and respect for the whole group. I have not witnessed a coach that deals with as much garbage as Bo does. People act like if they dont know news this second that they never will. Yeah were going to have a major coaching shakeup and the only way youll know is when you see them on the sidelines at the first game. Goodness. <_<

Chatelain and the rest of the local press are playing softball with Bo compared to what other coaches go through around the country. They ask legitimate questions and Bo often responds by lying to them. In a real media market like Chicago, New York, anywhere in Texas, Florida or California, Bo would be ripped to shreds by the media for the way he behaves.

Bingo. Unfortunately, those stories would be entirely justified. Maybe Bo should just designate one of the assistant coaches as the main media contact? I'm a long time critic of Watson's on field product but he sure seems comfortable talking to the media. Let him handle the questions, perhaps?

Maybe, except its looking like Watson might not be here after today...

If that's the case I'm running to N Street for some champagne.

If that's the case I'm getting a case of ice cold PBRs.

This post was in regard to the athletic department, not Bo. So unless a pissed off Husker nation is going to revolt against its own establishment, then I dont get where youre going with it.

Come on. Don't be myopic. People aren't getting miffed at "the athletic department." They're getting miffed at Bo's behavior. We've been talking about Bo all afternoon.

Yes, thats correct. And you will know, just breathe a bit. People act like this the last presser of the season. If I am correct about the AD wanting to wait, they will announce it when they are ready. If you still have a problem with that then you might want to make friends with Tom and become an insider.

Yes I am sure it will come out. But what the problem was it has been broke. It was presented to Bo. Bo denied it. This whole thing started as to how he handled it. Again if he just says no comment, it is over and we are not having this talk. But it wasn't, that is what many of us have the stance we have. Then you among others go off on the media for doing their jobs. Like I said if this wasn't a big story it wouldn't be dominating all media right now instead of celebrating the recruits NU was fortunate enough to snag. Yes guide lines were attempted to be set at the conference but everyone and their dog knew it was gonna be brought up.

We could go in circles all night over this. You have your thoughts, and as much as I have argued with ya I do respect them. It is what it is though and it is something that we could beat each other over the head all night and get no where.

I cant reiterate enough how much im trying to convey that I understand that the media has a job to do. I just think that there may have been other stipulations that people may not know about that can prevent a topic to be disucussed.I agree he was in the wrong to lie, but you cant assume he was doing it in the wrong. There are alot of unknown variables here. But oveall, valid post, I concur.

+1 for quoting one of my favorite movies of all time.

I don't think the pissed off people on message boards are indicative of the attitude of Husker fans as a whole

2007 disagrees with you. Message boards were a great barometer of the feelings of the fan base as a whole. And if you ask around in bars, cafes, water coolers and street corners across Nebraska, you'll find there are tons of folks right now who support Bo but not the way he's been acting lately. That support can change pretty quickly.

Bo won the fans over with his rugged, hard-working attitude. He can turn them off just as easily by being dishonest - or appearing to be dishonest - with them. Let's not pretend he can't lose the respect of the fans.