Corey Raymond CB coach from Indiana has joined the NU staff.

And even with that said if Bo treats his players and staff well and they trust him and play hard for him and they win the Big Ten Championship next year Bo will have all the support in the world. Bo can do whatever the hell he wants as long as he wins. That's the difference between this and 07' is that we won 5 freaking games. Had Cally won the Big 12 that year everyone would have loved him. I agree that Bo could say something like things are still being evaluated i'll inform you at a later date or something but really it's not that big of a deal.

Callahan was already on thin ice in 2006 when he won ten games. He was a poor fit for Nebraska culture, and a horrible fit specifically for the culture of Nebraska Football. If Bo is seen to be lying to the fans, it won't go well.

Well he didn't win 10 he won 9 and he also lost his last two in a pretty bad fashion. Had something like 5 TO's in the big 12 CCG and had a terrible game against Auburn. Not to mention he had already had a 5 win season to go along with the 5 win season in 07'. If Cally had won an average of 10 games a year and showed improvement in every year he would have never been let go. Hell he averaged just over 7 wins a year his first 3 years and if he had won 8 games in his last year he probably still would have been kept.

And the Solich talk had to do with an absolute retarded decision by the AD but even with that he was still losing games in an embarrassing fashion and had a 7 win season to go along with it. That's on top of the rumors about him and his certain ways around town.

And even with that said if Bo treats his players and staff well and they trust him and play hard for him and they win the Big Ten Championship next year Bo will have all the support in the world. Bo can do whatever the hell he wants as long as he wins. That's the difference between this and 07' is that we won 5 freaking games. Had Cally won the Big 12 that year everyone would have loved him. I agree that Bo could say something like things are still being evaluated i'll inform you at a later date or something but really it's not that big of a deal.

Callahan was already on thin ice in 2006 when he won ten games. He was a poor fit for Nebraska culture, and a horrible fit specifically for the culture of Nebraska Football. If Bo is seen to be lying to the fans, it won't go well.

Well he didn't win 10 he won 9 and he also lost his last two in a pretty bad fashion. Had something like 5 TO's in the big 12 CCG and had a terrible game against Auburn. Not to mention he had already had a 5 win season to go along with the 5 win season in 07'. If Cally had won an average of 10 games a year and showed improvement in every year he would have never been let go. Hell he averaged just over 7 wins a year his first 3 years and if he had won 8 games in his last year he probably still would have been kept.

And the Solich talk had to do with an absolute retarded decision by the AD but even with that he was still losing games in an embarrassing fashion and had a 7 win season to go along with it. That's on top of the rumors about him and his certain ways around town.

OK, call me a liar for one less win. So Cally won nine games (I accidentally counted the Spring Game), but the point still stands. He was on thin ice even after a "successful" season. Sure, he lost his last two badly - kind of like we stumbled at the end of 2010. Combine that bad 2006 finish with Callahan's ill-fitting personality for the culture of this program and you've got a recipe for how a coach gets fired - or at least, how the process can start.

Are we looking at the beginning of Bo's end here? Maybe. Maybe not. I have no idea, and I'm not predicting that he's about to be canned or leave. I'm simply saying that he's not going about keeping himself in the good graces of the fans very well.

You cannot deny that Bo has areas to work on. That's what I'm stressing here. Ignore those areas and he risks consequences. It's not impossible, and it's happened before. Recently. Twice.

Eh, I remember it more like being most thought we were primed for a big run.

It all comes down to W's and L's. I think the culture argument is a wash and don't think it is fair for any coach, Bo or Callahan, to be subject to criticism for it. None of this has anything to do with Nebraska culture in my mind. And I still support Bo, it is just that his media savvy is reaching an all-time low.

You know who else thought that way? Bill Callahan. And we rode that guy out of here on a rail.

Callahan fell victim to one of the classic blunders - the most famous of which is, "Never get involved in a land war in Asia," but only slightly less well-known is, "Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line." Only slightly less well-known than that one is this one, "Never piss off the Nebraska fan base."

How much longer do you really think Bo is going to get away with his behavior of the past year? Think about it.

This post was in regard to the athletic department, not Bo. So unless a pissed off Husker nation is going to revolt against its own establishment, then I dont get where youre going with it.

Come on. Don't be myopic. People aren't getting miffed at "the athletic department." They're getting miffed at Bo's behavior. We've been talking about Bo all afternoon.

Don't get your feelings confused with the rest of the fan base. You are part of a handful of people that think something bad happened today. There are just as many of us that think you all are being silly.

Someone said, and I think it was you but I may be wrong, that Bo views his relationship with the media and the fan base as contentious. As a fan I don't care at all how Bo treats the media. Those self-important dingleberries don't represent me. If he is mean to them I don't feel anything. Why do you?

On top of that the public is fickle- win and you can get away with a lot. Lose and you get fired no matter what.

When I go to Facebook most all of my Nebraska peeps are talking about the class, not the teleconference.

BTW- did anybody notice we signed a pretty good class today.

• Fire 1

OK, call me a liar for one less win. So Cally won nine games (I accidentally counted the Spring Game), but the point still stands. He was on thin ice even after a "successful" season. Sure, he lost his last two badly - kind of like we stumbled at the end of 2010. Combine that bad 2006 finish with Callahan's ill-fitting personality for the culture of this program and you've got a recipe for how a coach gets fired - or at least, how the process can start.

Are we looking at the beginning of Bo's end here? Maybe. Maybe not. I have no idea, and I'm not predicting that he's about to be canned or leave. I'm simply saying that he's not going about keeping himself in the good graces of the fans very well.

You cannot deny that Bo has areas to work on. That's what I'm stressing here. Ignore those areas and he risks consequences. It's not impossible, and it's happened before. Recently. Twice.

I wasn't calling you a liar in the least bit...just pointing it out. I'm not saying for one second that Bo doesn't have things to work on and I do wish he would just come out and say things that are happening. My point is that winning does cure MOST things. A bad relationship with the fans or boosters only gets you canned unless you stop winning. If Cally had won 10 games a year after 06' and every now and then won a big 12 CCG even though he kept the same relationship with fans and alumni he would have never been fired. I'm not even counting Solich bc a) IMO it should have never happened and it was a dumb decision by Pedey and B) Solich inherited a GREAT program and within 5 years had it in the middle of the pack in the North division. Bo inherited a 5 win team and has taken them to an average of 10 wins his first 3 years damn near. If in the future Bo has a couple 6-6 seasons that's when we'll see his actions now cost him big, but if he keeps winning it won't matter.

ANd who does more to pay that salary? Oh yeah the fans. So as knapplc's analogy of a corporate shareholders goes, we as those shareholders probably deserve to know. Right?
Is this going to keep you from going to games then? That's assuming you go to games often which I have no clue if you do. As a shareholder you're more than welcome to sell your shares at any point. Someone else would be happy to pick them up.

You know who else thought that way? Bill Callahan. And we rode that guy out of here on a rail.

Callahan fell victim to one of the classic blunders - the most famous of which is, "Never get involved in a land war in Asia," but only slightly less well-known is, "Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line." Only slightly less well-known than that one is this one, "Never piss off the Nebraska fan base."

How much longer do you really think Bo is going to get away with his behavior of the past year? Think about it.

If he puts a good product on the field I could give a sh#t about all this other crap. This thread is ridiculous. Pelini doesn't blame his players for losses. He holds himself accountable for the product on the field. He wants to win. That's all this simple Nebraska guy needs to keep me happy.

This post was in regard to the athletic department, not Bo. So unless a pissed off Husker nation is going to revolt against its own establishment, then I dont get where youre going with it.

Come on. Don't be myopic. People aren't getting miffed at "the athletic department." They're getting miffed at Bo's behavior. We've been talking about Bo all afternoon.

Don't get your feelings confused with the rest of the fan base. You are part of a handful of people that think something bad happened today. There are just as many of us that think you all are being silly.

Someone said, and I think it was you but I may be wrong, that Bo views his relationship with the media and the fan base as contentious. As a fan I don't care at all how Bo treats the media. Those self-important dingleberries don't represent me. If he is mean to them I don't feel anything. Why do you?

On top of that the public is fickle- win and you can get away with a lot. Lose and you get fired no matter what.

When I go to Facebook most all of my Nebraska peeps are talking about the class, not the teleconference.

Amen.

macro, with respect, the fact that signing day was not a day wholly dedicated to pump up the school and celebrate this ridiculous is on Bo and his decision with how to handle this presser, as well as how he performed doing it.

Bo had the right idea and just about the worst execution of it possible.

I'm not a lawyer but if BO says we are going to make changes. In this case more then one change and you announced before the contracts where up I think it would be considered a fire. Therefore if your laws are the same there as here a cost would be associated with that statement.It's bad enough that the Indiana coach opened up his mouth but it does not take much to read between the lines more then one coach is moving on.

BO knows football he needs to know a little politics especially coaching the Cornhuskers.

Note just because your a fan does not give you the right to know all. The reporter should learn to know a fondling calf will suck from two mothers.

Yawn. I'm as dispassionate about this as usual. I have no vested interest in this, I'm simply pointing out what's going on. If you can't see it, don't blame me.

And if your peeps are that out of touch, it's possible you're not that clued in on the tenor of the fan base. But whatever.