Ross Els to meet with Bo today about LB position.

He is a position coach that has coached with our DC. This is what Coordinators do when given the chance to hire someone; they pick guys they have worked with.

When Carl Pelini was brought in other then having the last name Pelini what credentials did he have? How about Papuchis? He wasn’t this big time name yet he had worked with Bo and he has turned out to be a pretty solid hire.

I think its the fact that Bo wnats to coach with guys he either has "ties" with or feels that their style of coaching will not clash with his.

He will never find out if their style will clash with his if he doesn't even interview them. I guess I haven't heard much of Raymond either, but they say hes a good recruiter, so thats a plus.

He is a position coach that has coached with our DC. This is what Coordinators do when given the chance to hire someone; they pick guys they have worked with.

When Carl Pelini was brought in other then having the last name Pelini what credentials did he have? How about Papuchis? He wasn’t this big time name yet he had worked with Bo and he has turned out to be a pretty solid hire.

Didn't Papuchis come here with Bo from LSU? LSU must have seen something in him. Id say LSU is a better program than Ohio, wouldn't you?

I think its the fact that Bo wnats to coach with guys he either has "ties" with or feels that their style of coaching will not clash with his.

He will never find out if their style will clash with his if he doesn't even interview them. I guess I haven't heard much of Raymond either, but they say hes a good recruiter, so thats a plus.

Since he worked with Carl, I'm sure Carl has told Bo if he likes Ross or not. Raymond has alot of ties to Louisiana, a state we have been hitting harder over the last couple of seasons.

Didn't Papuchis come here with Bo from LSU? LSU must have seen something in him. Id say LSU is a better program than Ohio, wouldn't you?

Why don't you wait until the guy fails before cracking on his hire - or potential hire. Unless you think Bo is an idiot, you've got to think he'd hire a qualified guy.

Why don't you wait until the guy fails before cracking on his hire - or potential hire. Unless you think Bo is an idiot, you've got to think he'd hire a qualified guy.

Okay, I'll take a wait and see attitude. I do think he was not very smart (not an idiot) to hire Barney Cotton, however, but that is a different issue.

What are his qualifications?

Nebraska ties. Thats all you need to coach around here. If they went to school at UNL or were born in Nebraska, get them an application!

Why the hell haven't they hired me yet? Don't they know how good my defenses are on NCAA 11?!

I'll counter this with Barney Cotton.

Im sure you'd be a great fit at Nebraska. The fans would love you just for the fact you live in Nebraska or have lived in Nebraska. We should just get every old coach or former player to coach here. Screw the top guys in the business, we shouldn't even waste our time with them.

You seem really angry about this.

All I'm gonna say about hiring outside of Nebraska. "Bill Callahan"

I still prefer Colman, who was said to make a great impression on everyone in his last go-around here. Remember a few posters here saying that after 2009, they wish Ekeler had been the one who left instead of him, and a few have credited Dillard's turnaround to Colman's work behind the scenes. "This defensive QA guy did more for our LBs than our LBs coach" seems to have been a general consensus.

Po, Pap came from LSU, but he was a graduate assistant.

This is a great point. I am not upset that Pelini isn't going after a name coach for a position coach. Like you said, 3 years ago no one knew Papuchis and Dobson, and they have done a fine job. Sometimes, to get a rising star, you need to stray away from a "name" coach, or a guy who works at a big name school. If Carl worked with him, he has to know that this guy is worth interviewing and could very possibly be exactly what they are looking for in a LB coach.

Nebraska ties. Thats all you need to coach around here. If they went to school at UNL or were born in Nebraska, get them an application!

By that logic, Pelini would have never come here in the first place...

Note to self, never joke around on an internet message board. Must be serious 100% of time. Zero fun sir...

Note to self, never joke around on an internet message board. Must be serious 100% of time. Zero fun sir...

Note to you, emoticons are available to express sarcasm and humor and to avoid confusion such as:

:sarcasm:LOLtartar:moreinteresting:nanalamadedhoarse:nutz:cheers:thumbs:dumdum

Your daily Huskerboard.com PSA is now concluded, please resume topic. ;)

Did u forget to add this again :sarcasm? Sorry couldn't resist. Joke on!

Relax folks. None of us know who Bo may have contacted and never will. So feeling better you knew we tried to get the "top" LB coaches does you no good. You will never know. No reason to make assumptions either way. I don't know why people are concerned that out LB coach may not have enough star power. Perhaps rivals could rank them for us. The current defensive staff is not much on star power but the have done a really nice job. Bo will hire who he thinks is the best guy for the job. Having ties to Carl is a big plus because they know more about him than the LB coach from Whateverschoolmakesyouhappy U. Having ties to Nebraksa means the guy understands the unique situation that is Nebraska. That helps them be prepared for what they have to deal with when they get here. Neither of those ties are a requirement but they do help when evaluating candidates.

I want the new LB coach to be good at coaching, recruiting, and working with the other coaches that are on this coaching staff. Where he comes from makes no difference to me.

• Fire 2