Greetings!

Hawknut5

Yawn. This is Missouri all over again. We're not going to talk about the past and the 5 titles. Fine. So that means we're going to talk about the present, right? 10-4 > 8-5. Irrelevant argument

This pretty much sums it up. Factor in an injured QB, an inept OC, & drama surrounding Nebraska's move to the Big Ten, & we still manage to put together a 10 win season.

I'm not calling into question Nebraska's history. Congrats, you have a much better history than Iowa. Iowa will probably never reach what Nebraska has done. Does that mean I look less on my Hawkeyes? Absolutely not. I don't need national championships to support a team. Again, Nebraska has the better history. But does that mean they have a better team NOW? That is yet to be seen. Judging by what both teams are returning next year and what I know about Iowa, the two teams should be fairly even. I know Nebraska's defense is going to be good, but I'm not that concerned about it because it isn't anything that Iowa doesn't see in the Big Ten year in and year out. The Big 12 is filled with offenses that simply do not work on a defense like Nebraska's. Iowa, and the majority of the Big Ten for that matter, will come at you with a power running game and play action passing to mix things up. Pretty vanilla, but it should be more successful against Nebraska than those Big 12 offenses.

I'm not calling into question Nebraska's history. Congrats, you have a much better history than Iowa. Iowa will probably never reach what Nebraska has done. Does that mean I look less on my Hawkeyes? Absolutely not. I don't need national championships to support a team. Again, Nebraska has the better history. But does that mean they have a better team NOW? That is yet to be seen. Judging by what both teams are returning next year and what I know about Iowa, the two teams should be fairly even. I know Nebraska's defense is going to be good, but I'm not that concerned about it because it isn't anything that Iowa doesn't see in the Big Ten year in and year out. The Big 12 is filled with offenses that simply do not work on a defense like Nebraska's. Iowa, and the majority of the Big Ten for that matter, will come at you with a power running game and play action passing to mix things up. Pretty vanilla, but it should be more successful against Nebraska than those Big 12 offenses.

Would you look at that. A somewhat reasonable post! We might be witnessing a board member mature before our very eyes.

They certainly do grow up quick. **tear**

• Fire 1

Like Michigan's power running game? Or Ohio State's power running game? Or how about Michigan State's power running game? Yup, Big10 - 100% power running.

Would you look at that. A somewhat reasonable post! We might be witnessing a board member mature before our very eyes.

They certainly do grow up quick. **tear**

This is who I am all the time. I didn't mean to act like a baby, but living in Omaha I do get a lot of crap for being a Hawkeye fan. I come over here and it's the same stuff. Nebraska fans claiming that they will dominate Iowa year in and year out and the only reason for it is because they have a better history. But that's what it is, history. And Nebraska has been removed from their last National Championship that it doesn't bring in as many solid recruits. Iowa and Nebraska's recruiting is fairly even, though Nebraska's is probably a little better. But Iowa's coaches are known for developing players well and taking those 1-2 star recruits and turning them into NFL starters (really wish they could produce when they actually have great players, see 2010 and 2005). This is why I'm not too concerned with next season, because by the Nebraska game inexperience won't be an issue with it being the last game.

Like Michigan's power running game? Or Ohio State's power running game? Or how about Michigan State's power running game? Yup, Big10 - 100% power running.

Michigan cannot be talked about yet, we do not know how they will pan out with Hoke as coach. Next year Nebraska should wipe the floor with them though. Ohio State does have a good running game, but has nice receivers and an athletic (but stupid) QB to get them the ball. And Michigan State does have a good running game when their line decides to block for them. Baker, Bell, and Caper have the potential to be a great 1-2-3 punch in the backfield next season.

They MIGHT be even teams, but our players wont be on a 3 day cocaine bender during the game.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I've never heard a drug joke about Iowa before! Doesn't your coach have another marine's dream to smash?

You must not know much about the Marine Corps. If you did you'd know that all Marines realize their dreams are smashed after being in the fleet for about two weeks.

I didn't mean to act like a baby, but living in Omaha I do get a lot of crap for being a Hawkeye fan. I come over here and it's the same stuff.

You definitely need a thicker skin if the gentle joshing you received (after you started it, no less) made you go off the deep end like that.

Well it is hard to tell whether or not it is gentle joshing or not judging by the Husker fans I know.

Ok boys, gotta come to the rescue here, you all know I am a hawk fan, but maintain high respect for all good teams.

1. stop talking about your storied past, you do realize B10 is the oldest D1 conference right?

2. No use comparing winning seasons or percentages cuz we played different opponents (except IA St and we all know they suck).

3. While Bo is a good coach KF is a better one. Some one made the comment about our recruits, sure NU sent 9 this year but so did Iowa and OH. Says alot when a coach can take 2 and 3 star recruits and send them to the nfl.

4. Get all the facts on the Iowa training program before making cracks at it, I would bet it had something to do with drinking or something (heck even another player said that).

5. yes you guys smoked Missery but we beat them with alot of 3rd and 4th string players

6. When you all play in a bowl game in the B10 I dont care if you are playing sh1t stain school, you win it, something the other teams in the B10 cant get thru thier heads. Iowa is the only one pulling thier wieght in that dept.

I look forward to the game,

1 because NU seems to underestimate

2 Cuz KF doesnt seem to lose the bigger games, just cant win the give me ones.

3 Iowa plays really physical ball, where as Nu is trying the speed thing (worked for TCU against Wisky)

4 No matter what happens my house will be a blast cuz I am from Iowa and a hawk fan and the ole lady is from Nebraske and a Husker fan.