Watson's Possible Resignation Mutual?

If this turns out to be true, could it be that he and Bo came to an agreement that Watson is a West Coast guy only ... and a new coach is needed who would better serve Bo's offensive vision? I can imagine Watson not being comfortable with the direction the offense. Perhaps he told Bo this would be best for "both of us?" I would think Watson, if he truly is gone, will look for another OC job with WC written all over it. That's what the guy knows best, not where we are headed.

If this turns out to be true, could it be that he and Bo came to an agreement that Watson is a West Coast guy only ... and a new coach is needed who would better serve Bo's offensive vision? I can imagine Watson not being comfortable with the direction the offense. Perhaps he told Bo this would be best for "both of us?" I would think Watson, if he truly is gone, will look for another OC job with WC written all over it. That's what the guy knows best, not where we are headed.

i don't think Wats is even good at running the WC.....his play calling is not good.

This is not coming from Watson up to Bo. As has been made abundantly clear, the door has been wide open for Watson to leave two years in a row. When Watson goes, if he doesn't already have a job, it'll be from Bo, saying, "We gave you a chance to find something. Now it's time for you to go."

Watson has bills to pay. He's not going to voluntarily leave a job paying hundreds of thousands of dollars.

I think Watsgrove is a square peg in a round hole. If he leaves (and rumor has it you could just as easily say 'when'), it will be best for both parties. He can go on to a place where he has more control and experience over the system he runs, and we can move forward with our blossoming spread-option.

It will make a difference eventually on Wat's resume. I think everyone would prefer that he find another job, rather than being booted. Wat's had his moments, look we had a top offense with Joe Ganz. Now you wonder whether that was Joe Ganz or Wats? Anyway, it is time for the Huskers to head a different direction than what he can offer. On the other hand, I hold no ill will and I wish him the best of luck.

It will make a difference eventually on Wat's resume. I think everyone would prefer that he find another job, rather than being booted. Wat's had his moments, look we had a top offense with Joe Ganz. Now you wonder whether that was Joe Ganz or Wats? Anyway, it is time for the Huskers to head a different direction than what he can offer. On the other hand, I hold no ill will and I wish him the best of luck.

It's a small world in college coaching - I'm sure everyone knows the factors surrounding his departure regardless of what is/was reported.

i don't think Wats is even good at running the WC.....his play calling is not good.

2008 Watson called, he'd like recognition back.