Why Frost?

Hercules

Why does it matter if nobody else is offering him an OC position? As far as I know, Pelini wasn't being offered DC positions when Solich hired him...

frostie's coaching experience, compared to Pelini's at that time is way less...

Not when it comes to being a coordinator. Neither of them had experience in that role.

Frost has 1 year as a co defensive coordinator, but not offensive.

at Northern Iowa nonetheless.

Why does it matter if nobody else is offering him an OC position? As far as I know, Pelini wasn't being offered DC positions when Solich hired him...

Not when it comes to being a coordinator. Neither of them had experience in that role.

Bo had a ton of NFL coaching time, Frost has zero...experience matters.

Yes..... Bo had a dozen or so years coaching in the NFL. Frost has 2 years coaching Division 1 football. Even if Frost came here as Co-OC I would have some concerns, but as just as wide receivers, I would be perfectly fine with that.

Oregons receivers were way more productive than Nebraskas. Thats one of the reason they were so hard to defend. They did alot passing stuff out of the offense to counter the read. Nebraska failed miserably in that department.

I think there's approximately 0% chance of Frost coming just to coach wide receivers.

I think it's a small chance that he comes to Nebraska even if he's offered co-OC. His duties probably wouldn't be that much different than at Oregon, why would he leave?

My guess is that if Nebraska wants Frost, it's offensive coordinator or bust. Maybe they'd get him with an agreement to make him offensive coordinator over the next 2 years or so, but there's just as much chance that Oregon is willing to sign the same agreement and keep him in Eugene.

Yes..... Bo had a dozen or so years coaching in the NFL. Frost has 2 years coaching Division 1 football. Even if Frost came here as Co-OC I would have some concerns, but as just as wide receivers, I would be perfectly fine with that.

Oregons receivers were way more productive than Nebraskas. Thats one of the reason they were so hard to defend. They did alot passing stuff out of the offense to counter the read. Nebraska failed miserably in that department.

I think there's approximately 0% chance of Frost coming just to coach wide receivers.

I think it's a small chance that he comes to Nebraska even if he's offered co-OC. His duties probably wouldn't be that much different than at Oregon, why would he leave?

My guess is that if Nebraska wants Frost, it's offensive coordinator or bust. Maybe they'd get him with an agreement to make him offensive coordinator over the next 2 years or so, but there's just as much chance that Oregon is willing to sign the same agreement and keep him in Eugene.

well, you started out pretty strong, but basically ended up saying what i posted earlier.......he gets the Co OC gig, but has 3 years to prove himself to become the OC...that would be a damn good offer for a kid with only 2 years coaching wide-outs, no?

well, you started out pretty strong, but basically ended up saying what i posted earlier.......he gets the Co OC gig, but has 3 years to prove himself to become the OC...that would be a damn good offer for a kid with only 2 years coaching wide-outs, no?

My point is that at this point, I think there's about a 10% chance he comes to Nebraska given that offer.

He's at Oregon, who just played in the national championship game, where he just pulled in plenty of talent to coach at WR, where he has closer personal relationships with the entire UO staff than he does with anyone at Nebraska (save Tom Osborne), where it is currently 50 degrees outside in the middle of February (Frost likes to run and this is Track Town, USA), and where the grass is greener than it is for 90% of the year in Nebraska.

Along with all of that, word on the street here in Eugene is that Oregon is willing to give Frost the same promotion to Co-OC with a similar promise of being the OC after several years. I'd also hazard a guess that Oregon is willing to pay Frost more than Nebraska is for that position.

Like I said, I think that if Nebraska wants Frost, it's OC or bust. It's not ideal, but I think it's going to end up being take it or leave it. At this point, I'd be surprised to see Frost leave Oregon for Nebraska for anything less than the OC job, or Co-OC with heavy responsibility, including play calling.

My point is that at this point, I think there's about a 10% chance he comes to Nebraska given that offer.

He's at Oregon, who just played in the national championship game, where he just pulled in plenty of talent to coach at WR, where he has closer personal relationships with the entire UO staff than he does with anyone at Nebraska (save Tom Osborne), where it is currently 50 degrees outside in the middle of February (Frost likes to run and this is Track Town, USA), and where the grass is greener than it is for 90% of the year in Nebraska.

Along with all of that, word on the street here in Eugene is that Oregon is willing to give Frost the same promotion to Co-OC with a similar promise of being the OC after several years. I'd also hazard a guess that Oregon is willing to pay Frost more than Nebraska is for that position.

Like I said, I think that if Nebraska wants Frost, it's OC or bust. It's not ideal, but I think it's going to end up being take it or leave it. At this point, I'd be surprised to see Frost leave Oregon for Nebraska for anything less than the OC job, or Co-OC with heavy responsibility, including play calling.

touche....i don't see OU matching the opportunity he gets at NU....maybe, but i seriously doubt they make an offer to a 2 yr. assistant like that, given the coaching staff they have in place there now...we need some new coaches, they have plenty.

Let me just say this. Frost may or may not be good, I don't know. What I do know is I don't give a s$*t who ends up being OC as long as it isn't Watson!!! He should have went withe the clown. Even with Ganz I didn't like the O because Joe had to make alot of perfect throws and plays just to move the ball. I knew if we didn't get someone at qb who could do what he did we would be in trouble and we have been since. Anybody but Watson god please anyone but him!

touche....i don't see OU matching the opportunity he gets at NU....maybe, but i seriously doubt they make an offer to a 2 yr. assistant like that, given the coaching staff they have in place there now...we need some new coaches, they have plenty.

Oregon won't give Frost the keys to the offense, but from what I hear, they're going to do just about everything else within their power to keep Frost in Eugene. It's going to take a tremendous offer to get him to Lincoln.

Sam posted his articles here in the past.

I gave him a lot of pointless $### the last time he did. I hope he got my apology. Well, I can't remember if I even posted it, but I should have. It was from a fluff piece in the lead-up to the season back before things got interesting, and I was in a bitter mode about fluff pieces then. I usually like Sam's articles, he does great work and is one of the more level-headed journalists out there.

I gave him crap for posting his articles because we didn't have an agreement in place. Turns out Sam is buddies with the proprietor of HuskerBoard. I emailed him, but between the two of us I think we may have succeeded in driving him off.

:facepalm:

Damn, and you weren't kicked to the curb then? ;)

If these negotiations are going on- don't forget about T.O. he could give Scott the speech of honor, duty to the Big Red and convince him to come here with co-offensive duties as opposed to the keys to the whole machine. I wouldn't blame Frost for turning down the lateral part at all.