Frost's dad speaks, Scott wants to come home

And so many of you that can do better than Watson don't think Frost is up to the task? I remember Solich taking a chance on a lb coach out of Green Bay to be dc!!! Frost would be beter at calling plays than watson according to many of you or should we let you call the plays? I get confused.

Hey as long as he doesn't call the same play that isn't working 5 times in a row or goes away from something that is having success, then you think he would do better than Watson. I say have him be co-OC for couple years just to get his feet wet and then give him complete control when he is ready.

Bo's aquarium guy's Dad may no longer be with the team. Rumors are it is not an aquatic issue and as far as news out of the athletic department BAGD (Bo's aquarium guy's Dad) is still an employee of the department. however an advertisement in the local paper stated.... "For hire.... someone who is knowlegeable in the health and well being of salt water fish, who is able to keep secrets and is able to diagram offensive plays in spread formations should apply at www. helpbofigureitout.com...

And so many of you that can do better than Watson don't think Frost is up to the task? I remember Solich taking a chance on a lb coach out of Green Bay to be dc!!! Frost would be beter at calling plays than watson according to many of you or should we let you call the plays? I get confused.

That LBs coach from Green Bay came very highly recommended by one of the most respected defensive minds of all time in Monte Kiffin.

i'm pretty sure chip kelly would recommend frost...

That LBs coach from Green Bay came very highly recommended by one of the most respected defensive minds of all time in Monte Kiffin.

i'm pretty sure chip kelly would recommend frost...

So would Tom Osborne.

What EZ is talking about here:

Bo:

3 years, DBs (SF)

3 years, LBs (NE)

3 years, LBs (GB)

After which Bo got some heavy-hitting recommendations (Pete Carroll too, if I'm not mistaken) and got his shot. Bo really worked hard and shot up the ladder in those 9 years (one year before which he spent scouting for SF), to get his shot at a big-time DC position where he was charged to fix a sagging defense. With his resume, Bo was a hot young assistant at that time, and a rising star in the profession - rather than a proven guy or whatever.

Frost:

2 years, LBs (Northern Iowa)

2 years, WRs (Oregon)

Nobody's saying it's not a risk. Frost is high-risk, high-reward.

It's just there are some of us willing to take the risk, and some of us who aren't.

I'm willing to take the risk, but I also don't know too much about the other candidates.

I do know that Frost is smart, energetic, has studied with some great minds, has spent the last two years helping coach the offense that we're trying to emulate, and I know that he'd be a lightning bolt of optimism into an offense that desperately needs it, as well as the program and fan base as a whole.

What EZ is talking about here:

Bo:

3 years, DBs (SF)

3 years, LBs (NE)

3 years, LBs (GB)

After which Bo got some heavy-hitting recommendations (Pete Carroll too, if I'm not mistaken) and got his shot. Bo really worked hard and shot up the ladder in those 9 years (one year before which he spent scouting for SF), to get his shot at a big-time DC position where he was charged to fix a sagging defense. With his resume, Bo was a hot young assistant at that time, and a rising star in the profession - rather than a proven guy or whatever.

Frost:

2 years, LBs (Northern Iowa)

2 years, WRs (Oregon)

Exactly. Do we risk the welfare of our program in a new conference and a "tough" schedule on a guy who played here, but has two years of offensive coaching experience? He was coaching defense a mere three seasons ago.

Exactly. Do we risk the welfare of our program in a new conference and a "tough" schedule on a guy who played here, but has two years of offensive coaching experience? He was coaching defense a mere three seasons ago.

Thank god some people have some reason. He might be a great coach, but he has done very little to show that. Name one receivers coach in the country with two years experience that anyone would want at OC at nebraska. Frost is from Nebraska...let it go people.

I heard a guy call 'Sports Nightly' tonight and say Frost should be OC because of how good he looked against Tennessee in 98.

Thank god some people have some reason. He might be a great coach, but he has done very little to show that. Name one receivers coach in the country with two years experience that anyone would want at OC at nebraska. Frost is from Nebraska...let it go people.

I heard a guy call 'Sports Nightly' tonight and say Frost should be OC because of how good he looked against Tennessee in 98.

:facepalm: People need to think before they call into talk shows and embarass themselves. Someone called Sports Sound Off one time to tell Jason Peter he was mean and wasn't pumping more sunshine into the program...mind you, this was during our downfall at the end of the season.

Ohhhhhhhh wowwwww....

If we could get Scott to come here as a WR/QB coach, you bet that I am all for it.

Look people, Scott is going to get an OC position sooner or later. That I am fully confidant in, but I don't think that we need to hire him after how little experience that he has.

Im going to throw this out there and read the replies in the morning as i drive to Lincoln.

Do most people want Scott Frost as OC because he is Scott Frost? or because of what he can bring to the table in an offensive scheme?

I guess what i am trying to say is that it seems folks want him because of his legacy at Nebraska and i haven't seen one comment that talks about what kind of offense he would want to bring to Nebraska.